January 28, 2015 | 908 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Honey Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2011 6:57:00 PM More reviews by mommybabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Like many others have said, the smell of this is odd to say the least. And for me, the smell is the only thing that let's it down. It's a fantastic lip balm, feels great on and really moisturises but I can't see many liking the scent.

I didn't use this for a while and stuck to the original, but gave it another try and I've gotten slightly used to the scent. Saying that though, when I wear the honey one I often apply a gloss over the top, which usually diminshes the scent.

They really should reformulate this and make it actually smell like honey, instead of honey that's gone mouldy!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2011 2:55:00 AM More reviews by LynnMaruu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this thinking it would be great because of the natural ingredients and such. As soon as I opened the cap, I was met with a really unappealing scent. It's really difficult to describe..like smelly honey mixed with smelly flowers. I tried it on and it applied very smoothly. It makes my lips feels soft. However, the scent felt like it was lingering around my face and into my mouth. I took it off because of this and gave it to my sister, who can tolerate the smell a bit more than I do. (Though she's not to fond of it either, but decided she would wear it only during sleep, so that others can't smell it on her.) I'll try a different lip balm next time..one with no "honey" scent.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by UrMeganMeCrazy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff smells soooo bad!! I can't stand it!! Sure, its moisturizing and makes my lips soft, but I don't want to put something that smells that bad on my face. I've heard good things about Burt's Bees products and I thought that if I got the honey one, it would smell sweet but BOYY was I wrong!!! Not worth the three bucks I paid for it..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2011 5:23:00 AM More reviews by Mathilda91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love the lipbalm, it is soooo moisturizing, and it keeps my lips very hydrated for a long time. It works very well under makeup, better than the original. It is very nice as a night-time treatment. But the smell! I can't stand it. It smells like honey, but a bit off... I will not repurchase, just because of the smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 1:52:00 AM More reviews by tina5856

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this, the smell isnt that bad . not as bad as carmex

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2011 3:32:00 AM More reviews by zzzbbyjzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Another product that I had such high hopes for but sadly it does what any normal lip balm would do. I was really hoping that it would be extra soothing and moisturizing because it has "beeswax." Don't get me wrong, it does help with chapped lips but I can't rely on this product when fall/winter/and maybe half of spring rolls around. A big con to this product is the scent. It truly is an acquired smell. Overall, I probably wouldn't buy it again just because it's not worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by ellytso

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this product was fab and it made my lips smell dilish it realy moustirisd my lips to it was great

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2011 8:56:00 AM More reviews by Lemontree23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think the smell of honey is a bit too strong. I like that it's made of natural ingredients, but I wish they'd leave out the 'coumarin', which isn't too healthy. Feels not sticky, which is good.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 9:24:00 PM More reviews by GothicGal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This balm did nothing for my lips. In fact, I think it dried them out even more. How???? I have no idea.

It's made from natural ingredients, & smells of honey (which after a while makes me feel sick).

So yeah woo hoo there you have it, another terrible lip balm. Don't buy it if you want something that actually helps dry lips.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

Contrary to popular opinion, I really loved the smell of this stuff! It may be a bit too floral smelling for some people, but I personally liked it! The only gripe I had was that it didn't keep my lips as moisturized as the mint kind, but I still liked it, and will repurchase ^^