October 25, 2014 | 1709 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Honey Lip Balm

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 9:24:00 PM More reviews by GothicGal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This balm did nothing for my lips. In fact, I think it dried them out even more. How???? I have no idea.

It's made from natural ingredients, & smells of honey (which after a while makes me feel sick).

So yeah woo hoo there you have it, another terrible lip balm. Don't buy it if you want something that actually helps dry lips.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

Contrary to popular opinion, I really loved the smell of this stuff! It may be a bit too floral smelling for some people, but I personally liked it! The only gripe I had was that it didn't keep my lips as moisturized as the mint kind, but I still liked it, and will repurchase ^^

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2011 2:09:00 PM More reviews by smileechild

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Burt's Bee's lip balm is really great but this stuff smells nasty. At first I could tolerate the smell but after a while it just made me nauseous. The smell is also really strong yuck.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by YimK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I want to start off by saying that this is the WORST smelling lip balm EVER. lol There are no remnants of honey, but only this strong, unpleasant floral scent that permeates in your mouth for hours after the lip balm has faded away. It tastes just as bad as it smells and because of that I can't use this during the day. This is strictly a night lip balm. I only deal with the smell because this is the only thing that I've found that moisturizes my lips. My lips are extremely sensitive (I've literally tried every lip balm out there on the market) and I'm allergic to 99% of them. I also enjoy Carmex and Nivea Kiss of Moisture but they're not as good. This is one of those lip balms where you only have to put it on once and you're good for hours. No need to reapply constantly. I would repurchase... I wish there was something else better out there because I HATE the smell. but I will continue to buy this until I find something better.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2011 9:34:00 PM More reviews by juicy415

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

smells really good and i want to eat it! but it's not very moisturizing at all. if you have very dry lips, i suggest trying other kind like nivea moisture or carmex moisture plus and they have spf which is a plus. i would use this product when my lips are not really dry and i dont need a lot of moisture. it's a good product but not for winter or when you have really dry lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by truepeace72

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried other BB lip balms but this is definitely my favorite. I love the smell and how moisturizing it is for my lips. I apply this before applying lipsticks to condition my lips. I wish it tasted as good as it smells.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2011 6:42:00 AM More reviews by BintangkeciL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Every Honey based as ingredients product is almost good for lips. it can soothe and moist the lips very fast. Especially for this one. This product works well on my lips. it can solve my cracked lips because of weather, AC, or something else. Even if the smells isn't too good, but the result is i don't disappoint by this product..

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2011 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Allee2012

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Out of all of the Burt's Bees chapsticks, this one is probably my favorite for day time use. For time time I favor the Pomegranate one. Anyway, the honey balm is just a no nonsense chapstick and is perfect if you're looking for a sweeter sort of lip treatment. It's a littler waxier than the pomegranate one, but I still love it. Compared to the minty chapstick, I find that this is more nourishing. But this is all in my opinion. A lot of people like minty flavored or scented products, it's usually personal preference. Also, after weening myself off of tons of chapsticks, this is my number one product out of all of my Burt's and EOS. Hoped this helped a little :)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2011 10:10:00 AM More reviews by vivian1234

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

don't like the smell, stinks really bad...

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2011 1:38:00 AM More reviews by annely

I've heard nothing but good things about Burt's Bees products, so being a lip balm junkie, I was ecstatic to find these babies on sale during boxing day. Trusting word of mouth, I bought two and didn't even wait until leaving the mall before trying them out.

The moment you open the balm, the first thing you notice will be the smell. Everyone else but me seems to hate it. I personally love it, and the smell reminds me of potpourri or baby powder. My sister on the other hand says it smells more like foot powder. Each to his or her own.

The packaging is nice. I'm not much for orange, but the tube and cap do their job well. Mine even withstood a cycle in the washing machine after I accidentally left the lip balm in my pants pocket while doing the laundry. I also prefer the tin to the tube because the tube is plastic (more durable, less "noisy") and also more hygienic imho.

The balm itself was a complete disappointment. My lips became DRIER each time I put this stuff on. It did not moisturize at all and in fact, it felt like I was putting a non-breathable layer of plastic across my lips. For the price of almost C$5.79 a stick, it is not worth it at all. Thank goodness the wash cycle ate the lip balm; it was either the drain or the garbage for this guy.