September 3, 2014 | 1002 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Hemp Hand Protector

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 1:56:00 AM More reviews by kirikadawn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Due to my work I wash my hands countless times every day and needless to say, that leads to extremely dry skin, in the winter even cracking and bleeding. But this hand cream saves the day! It moisturizes like nothing else. I use it at night because it doesn't sink in fast and leaves a hemp scent to my hands, neither of which I can have on my hands when working. But by the morning, my hands are back to normal, ready for another day that wreaks havoc on them.
The packaging however truly sucks. I've gone through three tubes by now and on every tube, the cap has broken and it makes for a messy and unhygienic package.
So in short:
Pros - saves even the most desperate hands, does it fast.
Cons - bad packaging, smell, takes a long time to absorb.
I am definitely buying it again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 11:25:00 PM More reviews by klove07

my hands are terribly dry, this product worked wonders! i got it on sale the large one for $10 and it was worth every penny spent :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2011 7:53:00 PM More reviews by CathySinMN

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best hand lotion for dry hands ever!!! I have used it for years and bought at least 20 tubes of the stuff. I have it at the office, by the bed, in the bathroom and a thousand other places. It's great for keeping dry hands from cracking! Some people don't like the smell, but it's just not girly.

The body cream is pretty nice too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2011 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Saskie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This might be the best hand cream I have ever used. I have tried a lot of different ones from Aveno to Mary Kay and nothing works like Hemp Hand Protector does. Non-greasy, highly moisturizing and reasonably priced; this is a hard one to beat. My husband's hands were cracked and bleeding in the extreme winter conditions we have here, but they are completely cured by Hemp Hand Protector. I always have at least one tube of this excellent product and put one out for hubby as well. We both love it. The smell is a little earthy for me, but I can forgive it in light of the other qualities.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by aiviyuki

I bought my first large tube when it was on sale for $3 in 2005. Ever since then, this became my daily handcream. This hand cream does not have a heavy smell to it and it is not greasy (good for winter and summer). My entire family, husband, mom, and dad are using it. Husband and mom is a big fan of it. However, I do want to remind everyone that don't stock too much at once because all hand cream is made of oil. After awhile, the smell will turn bad (like the old oily smell).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by rsantos2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great hand cream. Very moisturizing. It's greasy at first, but sinks in after a few minutes. I actually like the smell. It's very earthy and fresh. The tube is awful though. I don't even have to squeeze the tube and the cream still oozes out. I will repurchase though.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by lillevenn11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This lotion keeps my chronically dry hands moisturized longer than any other product I've used. The smell, however, is not worth it to me. I feel like I am radiating stink wherever I go with this on.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2011 8:46:00 AM More reviews by hellokittybrock

I have purchased this when I was in Uni. Winter was very dry and no matter what i apply, my hands are forever dry. This is a good product. Very rich and moisturized well. Price wise was not very cheap during those days. It was a couple of bucks cheaper than crabtree but C&E is a more established brand in my opinion. The down side of this product.
1. Due to the hemp content, I could not sleep when I was using this product. I kept feeling excited thru out the night but everything was alright on day 2.
2. It is definitely not a handcream for the day. It is too oily.
3. My nails started to grow some blackish strands of "things" which I absolutely do not have any idea what they were during then. I was very sure due to my usage of this handcream but to me it was no big deal.

I think overall this is one of the better handcream in the market. But I will stick to crabtree instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2011 7:17:00 AM More reviews by imperfectly_lou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely adore this hand cream.

I'm a Registered Nurse and hence, have terribly dry hands from regular hand washing. I go through a tube of this a month by thickly applying it before bed. It's a little heavy for day use unless you don't plan on using your hands for awhile. The scent isn't fantastic but because I use it at night, it doesn't worry me. If I ever run out, I notice the difference within a few days.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Icaria

This creme is very moisturizing, but not enough for my cuticles. The smell is not realy an issue but it is very peculiar (do try it in the store first) I guess it's love or hate. I did give it a 4 because it is a good treatment especially for night since it' very thick and was kind of sticky on my skin. I'm not sure I would buy again because the full size is about the same price as my favorite from Clinique.
Update: ok the smell is way too powerfull. It stays for hours. Good thing I bought the small size. I will definitely not repurshase.