The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Myristate, Hemp Seed Oil, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glyceryl Stearate, Dimethicone, PEG-100 Stearate, Beeswax, Lanolin, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Allantoin, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Evernia Furfuracea (Treemoss) Extract, Limonene, Citronellol, Talc, Geraniol, Linalool, Citral, Chromium Oxide Greens, Iron Oxides.

on 12/16/2011 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is the best hand cream I've ever used, hands down. I've used many because my hands are VERY prone to dermatitis during winter (I used to get this every single winter). I live in Canada so a good hand cream definately is a must for me. I apply this only at nightime because it IS greasy and foul smelling. I don't like using this so much but it helps my hands tremendously. I find this to be extremely pricey but since a 100 ml tube of this will most likely last me years, I am pretty much satisfied nonetheless. This does not sink in fast but that's to be expected with such a heavy hand cream like this one. For someone living in a cold weather, I think this is definately worth the investment.

on 12/15/2011 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

The number one rule about Body Shop, when you smell a product in that store chances are, the scent is being muddled with all of the other scents -_- I bought the large tube on sale for $10CAD a few months back. In the store (I don't know what I was really smelling) it smelled great! In reality, it smells... weird. And the bad thing, the scent lasts... all day :| It's moisturizing, but personally I think I've used products that moisturize longer. It does have a few chemicals in there and to be completely honest, I can't wait until this thing is done... I might just start using it on my feet. It's not too greasy, I just can't get used to that smell.

on 12/14/2011 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So far the best hand cream i've tried. Apart from the smell (but you get used to it soon) i don't see any problems with it: it sinks into the skin quite fast, doesn't leave greasy feeling on your hands, and i can feel its moisturising effect as well.

on 12/2/2011 12:14:00 AM

Absolutely the best hand cream I have ever tried. A little bit goes a long way and my hands stay super soft and smooth even after washing. Goes on very easily and is not at all greasy or oily, not to mention it does a better job of moisturising my cuticles than other oils I've tried.

However, the packaging means that I have to squeeze very carefully when I get a new tube so that I don't get too much out at once, and it isn't cheap, but I'm on my 5th or 6th tube of the stuff and will probably never buy any other hand moisturisers again.

on 11/23/2011 2:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I had a small tube of this a few years ago in a pack I got as a gift I think, and a few months ago I decided I needed to start using a hand cream so I decided to get a tube of this. I wonder if the formula had changed over time? Or if it was more concentrated in the smaller tube? Somehow, it just wasn't as good as I remembered.
It is quite sticky rather than creamy, so it doesn't feel that moisturising. It feels tacky and oily on your skin, rather than sinking in properly. Overall I guess I wouldn't mind these as long as the product worked but I can't say I'm amazed. Rubbing it in on my hands I find it makes my nails shiny, so that oil is probably doing something right for them.
Honestly I don't think the smell is that bad. I don't think it would ever be anyone's favourite but as long as its away from your face then its manageable.
I would not buy again as its definately average, and expensive for the type of results I got. It also has silicones in it. And castor oil, which you could probably buy at the supermarket for way cheaper.

on 11/14/2011 1:34:00 AM

This is absolutely the best handcream I've tried, and I've tried many. The smell and packaging will probably polarise - but I quite like them.

on 11/12/2011 10:53:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Love it! The best hand moisturizer ever. I have really dry, rough, horrible hands and this thing has worked wonders on them. Its kind of thick so I usually just apply it at night. The debate about the smell: I donīt like it, I dontīt hate it, but even if you hate it itīs totally worth it. The package: I donīt like it, its kind of masculine and you have to gently squezze it or tons of product will squirt. The only real con I can find is the price: way too expensive. But if you can afford it I totally recommend it. Want a tip? Mix it with a litlle bit of almond oil, apply at night...and youīll get super soft hands in the morning.

on 11/11/2011 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

In the winter, my hands can get so dry that they hurt, flake, wrinkle, and get discolored. I've tried regular lotions, oils, salves, and while my hands picked up a little of the much needed moisture, my problem persisted. After finding that this best selling body shop product was regarded so highly by so many review sites, I went out and bought it (not too cheap). Upon first smell, I wasn't sure what to think. It smells very much like a grassy hay field. I wasn't drawn to it at first, but I've grown to like the scent! It's so natural. When I put it on, it has an almost melting quality. I use it on my hands and lips, and am SO happy about my purchase! My extremely dry hands are MUCH improved.

on 10/21/2011 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I use to love this stuff, and I just remembered why! Long ago, I worked at a coffee shop, and had to constantly dunk my hands in the sanitizer to get the rags. My hands, which are already prone to dryness, just started to hate me!

I went to the Body Shop one day, and the manager suggested that I tried the cream, and I couldn't believe how amazing it was! It not only protected my hands from the water, but from the chemicals of the sanitizer!

I started buying it for my parents who owns a restaurant. And they loved it! I had an office job for a while, and didn't feel the need to use it anymore, but with my new job in food services, I'm thanking God that I have this miricle in a metal tube!

on 10/4/2011 10:18:00 PM

In winter my hands get super dry and flaky and I have tried every cream out there to try to moisturize my hands and nothing has ever worked as well as The Body Shop's Hemp Hand Protector.
I have been using this product for over two years and and it is still my holy grail product. I swear by this cream, and I will never ever stop repurchasing it.
The smell is not very pleasant to me, however I believe that they have recently changed the formula, because the last time I bought it, it smelled WAY nicer than before. I still don't love the scent, but I don't hate it either. It's definitely unisex and my boyfriend does not mind using it.

Overall, I recommend this to anyone who has problems with dry skin or who is looking for an amazing hand moisturizer!

Top Rated The Body Shop Products