I bought this stain two or three years ago, and am not even halfway through. It will last you a very very long time. I think this is a lovely color. It looks natural on my cheeks, and very bright pink on my lips. My only beef, and it's a big beef, is that it doesn't last very long--an hour or two at most on the lips, maybe two or three on my cheeks. If I'm just popping out for a bit, I'll put this on without a worry, but I do not wear this if I know I'll be out for quite a while.
This review is for using benetint as a lip tint, not a blush (I don't use blush, I have skin that's quite prone to redness all on its own without help from blusher).
I don't see the point of this as a lip tint. It goes on looking lovely, a natural red rosy glow. And about 5 seconds later it's gone. So, if I wanted to apply it every 10 minutes I'm sure it would continue to look great, but I can't be bothered especially as the packaging isn't that handbag friendly. It might be because I have quite pink lips to start with, so the effect isn't that noticeable so as soon as it fades I might as well not have it on. And the brush is VERY ticklish on my lips and if I use fingers it doesn't seem to apply properly. For the price, there are other better lip tints out there.
As a blush, I really like this product! I am very very pale, so this gives me a lovely glow which is subtle (doesn't look like blush). This stuff is also like SUPERGLUE! I put on a bit too much one day and had to scrub and scrub to take it off. Great for the whole day!
I am kind of torn about this product. On one hand, there are things I really like about it, the color and ease of application. On the other hand, I do think it's way overpriced, over-hyped, and has the most noxious taste.
- Very nice color, subtle and natural flush (if that's what you're going for), for both lips and cheeks. I was actually very skeptical at first, because it looks very dark in the bottle, and the first few swipes on my cheek were dark, but was pleasantly surprised. I think the color would work well on many different skin tones.
- Good blush; I think it's a better blush than lip stain. I'm a makeup noob and I got better results using this, and it was easier to apply than the 'traditional' powder and brush. I also do not think it dried too quickly or was difficult to blend.
- No problems with the bottle; I actually think it's more convenient for travel; no need for palettes and brushes.
- Do not like the smell; absolutely ABHOR the taste. Not that I was _trying_ to taste it. But it leaves this strong bitter after taste on your lips.
- A bit drying on the lips.
- Need several 'coats' before it becomes visible on your lips.
- Expensive. There seems to be a lot of popular dupes out on the market (like those Korean lip tints). Haven't tried any, so I can't say if they are good, but if you're not eager to blow $30 on a bottle of benetint, go with one of the much cheaper dupes. It's not like this product is uniquely amazing.
This product is awesome. Love the rose scent and it blends really well with my asian skin tone. It gives off a very natural red colour on my face since I am somewhat plale. Though it takes a lot of product application for the colour to really show, but nonetheless, great product. Price is a little on the high side though.
Got this in a swap. Like all others, I am curious about this product. Although it is not a bad color, I would say it takes a lot of product to allow the color to show. I am NC15 btw and I am sure I am fairer than the average gals. If this product isnt gonna show up on me, I am not even sure if it will do so on people with tan skin. I wont recommend this product. Gonna finish up what I have and not gonna repurchase.
If you like the same look for a powder blush, try nars exhibit a or bobbi brown apricot.
I purchased this quite a while ago looking for something that would give my lips a nice red stain however I did not find that the stain lasted or applied evenly. I also tried it on my cheeks trying to get a little color that seemed natural but no go there either. I must prefer the Tarte cheek stains and the stains created just for lips. Just not enough real color here for most of us.
i bought my first bottle 10 years ago. my second one 5 years ago. and the pocketpal version 3 years ago. i don't know why i gave it 2 more chances after the first "failed" experience 10 years ago but i did. and the same reactions occurred.
lip tint: although it did leave a tint on my lips, it did so in a patchy manner. my lips' fault though. some parts absorbed more tint and the other parts, none. so i ended having patchy red/pinkish lips. not so bad if you put blistex lip tone after. what bothered me about it was the itchiness and the stinging that happens after application and it usually lasted an hour!
cheek stain: this gave me an even flush. rosy and healthy looking. BUT, the places i dotted the stain on left me with zits! zits in a neat row. both on the left and right cheeks. the same happened to my sister (worse for her because she ended up with cystic ones!) puzzling!
someone stop me before i give this a fourth chance!
I use this on days when I don't want to get all made up. It provides a nice natural pink hue to cheeks and lips. Probably best for fair skin. It has great lasting power on the cheeks, a little less so on the lips. The brush is awkward. Not a good package for tossing in the purse to use on the go. It stains a bit on the fingers but not enough to inhibit use. A gel form in a tube might be best. But considering its been around for sometime I doubt a change is forthcoming. I read somewhere it was created for a stripper/burlesque dancer who wanted a rosier glow to her areolas. That just makes me giggle whenever I take it out. I'm glad it made its way to the rest of the population...it keeps us translucent people from looking totally washed out.
I can't stand the packaging. The lid comes off and I hate that you can't apply it with your fingers without getting stuck in your nails. Having to apply it with a brush every time is a serious pain. I also find that it dries my lips over time.