July 31, 2014 | 2042 users online

Top/Base Coats - Orly - Bonder Rubberized Basecoat

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Shamisen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great basecoat. It extends the life of my manis for a few days on a non-rubberized coat like Nubar Foundation.
The only issue I have with it is the colour, it does stain a bit. Not a huge concern for me as I am always painted but for those who aren't it could be a problem.
The brush and bottle are great. Nice big bottle size as usual from Orly!
I have quite a few basecoats but I pretty much reach for this every time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 4:36:00 AM More reviews by luxferi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

NEW REVIEW: Okay, I changed my mind! I ran out of my usual OPI Nail Envy and being on a budget, I thought I would dig through my stash and use whatever I can find. The Bonder has been sitting there for about a year or two now, and it still works perfectly! This time I also switched up the top coat, so instead of using Seche Vite like I usually did, I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat.

It turned out perfectly! Manicure lasted for about 4 days, though they were starting to show wear at the tips.

I suspect it's the old Seche Vite that's messing with Orly Bonder as a base. I guess now that Seche Vite has run out (or turned goopy, as the case may be), I'll be using Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri from now on, and am happy to use Orly Bonder as a base. Changed my old 1 lippie rating to 5. Just need to use the right top coat with it!

OLD REVIEW: This seems to be generally well-liked by everybody and I bought based on these raving reviews here on MUA, so let me apologize upfront for bringing down your favorite product's rating down. It just doesn't work for me. The first time I used it, my glitter nail polish actually peeled off in a sheet the next day! When I used with ordinary cremes, they start chipping on day 2. When I used OPI Nail Envy in the past, my polish never chipped AT ALL. Which is why it baffles me why a basecoat specifically designed to grip nail polish fares worse than an ordinary treatment polish? Yes, I used my HG top coat Seche Vite at the end, nothing different at all with what I was doing... the only thing different is this basecoat. I bought it from a reputable dealer so this is a genuine product. Really puzzling. I'm going to try CND Stickey next. So sorry this did not work out for me... I still have a full bottle left!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 10:28:00 AM More reviews by 2000wattsmile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I never polish my fingernails or toenails without using this. I haven't noticed that it prevents chipping or makes my polish wear any longer, but it certainly keeps polish from staining or yellowing my nails, which makes it worth it for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 3:52:00 AM More reviews by shalunya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have found that polishes do last longer when this is applied as a base. I can actually get about 3 more days out of a home manicure when using this product which is amazing for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 3:21:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I hate to be one of only a few disagreeing, but this stuff really tore up my nails when I used it. They turned yellow and started flaking apart, it was horrible. (I don't have terribly healthy nails but nothing like this has happened before or since.)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2011 6:55:00 PM More reviews by mayrei

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pretty disappointed with this. I've tried it about 5 or 6 times now, and I haven't noticed that it makes any difference in the life of my nail polish. It works about as well as any other base coat I've tried.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by taciturnxlove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Definitely fell victim to hype with this one.. People say they get 2 weeks of wear? Well then I must be doing something wrong.. No matter what I always get tip shrinkage, and chips the SAME day. I also sometimes get whole sheets of nail polish coming off. This is not amazing like people are claiming it to be. Especially not for the price. This is a decent base but does nothing special besides prevent staining. This prolongs a manicure for a mere 1-2 days, (this is combined with Posche top coat btw.)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Crystalj007

I have just started using this, but it got me through 5 days with no chipping. At the end of day 5 , one nail had a chip, So I decided to redo them, but it could be because the polish I had on was too thick. I have been using it with the snap quick drying topcoat. I just add a coat of snap to shine them up after a few days. Yesterday, day 4, I added the top coat for shine and they appeared to have just been done. Good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2011 9:51:00 PM More reviews by erin175

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have used this product for years, I was a nail tech/salon owner and I used this on every client. I don't know what the other reviewers are doing but my polish does NOT chip ever. The one mistake I find when people do their nails at home is that they put polish on to thick, this is a major factor when it comes to chipping. Always use two light coats and let them dry completely in between. I also ALWAYS buff my nails with a fine buffer after I take my polish off, this removes stains and makes polish adhere better.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2011 10:17:00 AM More reviews by ambiessence

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Every time I use this, I can literally count the minutes until my nail polish chips. I've used every this method mentioned on website. I think it was a colossal waste of money!!