July 26, 2014 | 976 users online

Top/Base Coats - Orly - Bonder Rubberized Basecoat

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 10:28:00 AM More reviews by 2000wattsmile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I never polish my fingernails or toenails without using this. I haven't noticed that it prevents chipping or makes my polish wear any longer, but it certainly keeps polish from staining or yellowing my nails, which makes it worth it for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 3:52:00 AM More reviews by shalunya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have found that polishes do last longer when this is applied as a base. I can actually get about 3 more days out of a home manicure when using this product which is amazing for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 3:21:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I hate to be one of only a few disagreeing, but this stuff really tore up my nails when I used it. They turned yellow and started flaking apart, it was horrible. (I don't have terribly healthy nails but nothing like this has happened before or since.)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2011 6:55:00 PM More reviews by mayrei

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pretty disappointed with this. I've tried it about 5 or 6 times now, and I haven't noticed that it makes any difference in the life of my nail polish. It works about as well as any other base coat I've tried.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by taciturnxlove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Definitely fell victim to hype with this one.. People say they get 2 weeks of wear? Well then I must be doing something wrong.. No matter what I always get tip shrinkage, and chips the SAME day. I also sometimes get whole sheets of nail polish coming off. This is not amazing like people are claiming it to be. Especially not for the price. This is a decent base but does nothing special besides prevent staining. This prolongs a manicure for a mere 1-2 days, (this is combined with Posche top coat btw.)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Crystalj007

I have just started using this, but it got me through 5 days with no chipping. At the end of day 5 , one nail had a chip, So I decided to redo them, but it could be because the polish I had on was too thick. I have been using it with the snap quick drying topcoat. I just add a coat of snap to shine them up after a few days. Yesterday, day 4, I added the top coat for shine and they appeared to have just been done. Good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2011 9:51:00 PM More reviews by erin175

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have used this product for years, I was a nail tech/salon owner and I used this on every client. I don't know what the other reviewers are doing but my polish does NOT chip ever. The one mistake I find when people do their nails at home is that they put polish on to thick, this is a major factor when it comes to chipping. Always use two light coats and let them dry completely in between. I also ALWAYS buff my nails with a fine buffer after I take my polish off, this removes stains and makes polish adhere better.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2011 10:17:00 AM More reviews by ambiessence

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Every time I use this, I can literally count the minutes until my nail polish chips. I've used every this method mentioned on website. I think it was a colossal waste of money!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great base coat. I use this one all the time. It doesn't last a full 2 weeks, but I can get a nice 6 days of wear with this along with seche vite top coat. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by MissJuliB

I love this stuff. I had fallen in love with shellac manicures because I love having my natural nails, but being a teacher meant that my nails were always chipping so shellac was a great option. But with my schedule and budget, shellac became a pain the behind. I picked up the smaller bottle of bonder at Ulta on one of my many polish sprees because it sounded interesting. Gotta say, I really love it. I can do my own nails again and my polish lasts 2 weeks and a few days with no chipping. You do have to make sure it finishes drying before applying your color. If you don't, you won't allow the rubberized finish to set and the color has nothing to grab on to. Definitely try this stuff out!