April 24, 2014 | 1598 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Smog

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by steph_mark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Smog is hands down one of my favorite browns. I totally agree with the previous reviewer that this is an antique bronzey brown. Very flattering on most skintones, I'm sure. It's very shimmery, as UD does shimmer quite well, but there's no glitter. (YDK is similarly gorgeous with some micro-glitter if you're into that sort of thing.) This wears so well! It's one of my HG crease colors and blends like nobody's business. If I ever hit pan in Ammo I will certainly buy a full size of this beauty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2010 4:12:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Gorgeous, gorgeous color. It's a shimmery, neutral antique bronze. It's not coppery or reddish like some bronzes can be. This has more of a taupe-goldy thing going on that makes it more neutral. It also has the typical velvety texture and intense pigmentation of UD eye shadows, which makes it blend beautifully. I'd definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2009 6:30:00 PM More reviews by laitae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love neutral looks and Smog is just perfect for my everyday looks. I wear it (olive/brown/bronze color) in my crease and pair with shadows like Sellout, Sin or any other champagne/pinkish shade that I have in my reach. This is my first crease shadow that I hit the pan on so it really means something:)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2009 3:10:00 PM More reviews by kjerstihagen

To torture a cliche . . . this makes my green eyes *POP*! A beautiful olive-gold-bronze-brown. For NARS fans, it's Fez for $10 cheaper and in packaging that does a better job of preventing breakage. Applies like a dream (as do most UD e/s *without* glitter, in my opinion), and lasts all day with primer underneath. Will absolutely repurchase. I will seriously probably use this for my entire life. I'm giving it a 5 for awesomeness - but please note that for green eyes, Lounge is and always will be my favorite color. Smog, though, is at least in my top 5.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2009 1:48:00 AM More reviews by MandaLea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favorite everyday eye shadow. I'm partial to UD shadows in general because of the huge selection of colors available and their perfect, easily blended textures. Smog is the perfect vamped up bronze/brown. It goes from day to night easily and really makes green eyes pop.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2009 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Sungheeya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

definitely one of my favorite UD eyeshadows! it complements my dark brown eyes and NC25 Asian skintone. it's very versatile: can be worn sheer for a natural look or applied heavier for a smokey eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2009 2:50:00 PM More reviews by nickitraylor

I have this color in a palette- I have been hesitating to buy UD because of the glitter, but this palette had at least 3 glitter-free shades that I thought would be good, and Smog was one. I am usually a very neutral eyeshadow person- hardly looks like I"m wearing it kind of girl, but I wore this and wow, it looked great! I have brown eyes/hair, and just wore it all over my eyelid. It looks great! It was so blendable! when this runs out in the palette, I'll definitely buy it in a single. It will look good in my crease too, it's so versitile and a great color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2009 10:40:00 PM More reviews by AliceF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this eyeshadow! I love the shade, the texture, the wear, the uniqueness of it. In the store it looked greenish and a little sickly, but against my neutral skin and on my olive green eyes it's perfection, a brownish-burnished gold that is what I wanted Mac's Woodwinked to be. Where Woodwinked is overly warm and orange tinged, Smog is neutral, like rare green gold.

It can be worn in many ways, as a lid or crease shade or even as a liner. I like it as an all over shadow shade with something a bit deeper to pronounce the crease and line the eyes, like UD Twice Baked, MAC Mulch or Mystery, Smashbox Sienna or Lise Watier Chocolat.

The texture is shimmery, but not metallic. It does not highlight my lines like some lighter shimmery shades do by other brands. I love working with UD. I actually think it's blendibility shortens my morning routine!

If only they had more practical shades, wearable colours. They seem hell bent on promoting metallics and bright jewel tones, shades fit for the younger generation. It's too bad because the shades I have found to wear, I adore, but they are only three. Two of them I will repurchase, one was wishful thinking. Smog is a definite winner for me!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2009 8:45:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Smog is a rich suede brown w/ a beautiful sheen to it. No glitter. Wonderful for a dramatic smokey eye. Lasts all day w/ UDPP.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2009 5:04:00 AM More reviews by MsFeli89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE IT! Good for a smokey eye and just all over the lid by it self!