MAC #190 Foundation Brush

4.2

on 5/11/2010 3:47:00 PM

this is a great brush. i use it everyday, but not for foundation. i perfer the 187 or 130 brush for foundation over the 190. when i tried this for foundation application, my foundation always came out streaky. its not a bad brush though. ive found that this is better for my undereyes. it gets in there nicely and its easier to get closer to the eye than with the skunk brushes. this is a great brush for concealing my undereyes. i wont use it for foundation though.

on 5/11/2010 3:34:00 PM

all around great brush. I've had mine for years and its holding up beautifully. Its so nice and smooth for foundation or cream blush application. I would (and have) repurchased due to losing it. turns out coat pockets aren't so great for transport.

on 5/4/2010 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the Foundation brush that I'm using at the moment. I got this from one of my MUA swap. I've been trying to collect brushes that I needed for my everyday use at the moment and this is one of those brushes that I normally use everyday.

I'm not a big fan of MAC brushes, but I do love this. Only that the bristles of this brush is too long for me, making it hard to control. The brush itself doesn't shred that fast, compare to the other MAC brushes that I have.

I would not repurchase this brush from MAC in my own opinion, I think I would move on to my Smashbox Brush Fetish. LOL!

on 5/3/2010 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I am afraid this brush was a disappointment. It's really streaky. It takes me forever to get my foundation to apply smoothly. It's really not worth the time or the effort for me. I much prefer to use a sponge or my 188 for liquid foundation.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I will stick with my flat top buffing brushes. This brush just makes me feel like i am painting a wall with streaks. It does not actually buff the makeup into my skin.

on 5/3/2010 12:50:00 PM

Soft but not good for foundation IMO. It leaves my foundation really streaky and I end up using a lot more product as I dont feel I get an equal coverage so I have to keep layering before i can blend!
For reference i use it with the mac studio tech foundation. I think the MAC 130 is a much better option, dont waste 25 on this brush, not worth it!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I have the SE 2007 Antiquitease Heirlooms edition.
I like this brush well enough. I really loved it at first for my foundation, but, since then Ive decided I prefer the 187.
I dont really care for the streaky finish it leaves, the way it seems to absorb all of the foundation before I can use it, or the 'painting' feeling.
I still use it - for cleaning sharp edges on my eyeshadow, or I imagine I would if I ever needed to use concealer on a large surface, but, otherwise, I cant say I really have a use for this brush anymore.
We had alot of fun at first, but, Ive had to move on.
Still though, my personal preference aside, its an okay brush; feels soft, cleans well, never sheds, and maintains its shape. Not bad if you prefer to paint foundation rather than stipple.

on 4/23/2010 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I don't understand most of these reviews on here!! This brush is great!...I will say the 187 is my favorite but the 190 does the trick. I'm curious as to what foundation some users on here actually use to cause streaking because I have Nars sheer glow and Mac satinfinish which causes absolutely no streaking. I pour a dime size amount on the back side of my hand. I tap the 190 into the foundations and apply on my face, starting with cheeks blending outward in circular motions...it's simple people. Give this brush a try...change your foundation ladies!

on 4/6/2010 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Not in love at all! It was my first MAC brush and gave me a bit of a negative opinion. I don't like the painting my face feeling or the way it soaks up foundation. I have the Essence of Beauty foundation brush from CVS, and for about 1/5 of the price, it's five times better!

on 4/1/2010 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I actually love this brush. I don't "paint" my face like other reviewers have said. I actually just dab a little bit of foundation on my face then almost stipple it on with the side of the brush so I can get full coverage.

I wash it everyday with anti-bacterial soap like I do with all my face brushes.

Top Rated MAC Products