April 24, 2014 | 1886 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #190 Foundation Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2010 5:46:00 PM More reviews by CutieAmy324

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't understand most of these reviews on here!! This brush is great!...I will say the 187 is my favorite but the 190 does the trick. I'm curious as to what foundation some users on here actually use to cause streaking because I have Nars sheer glow and Mac satinfinish which causes absolutely no streaking. I pour a dime size amount on the back side of my hand. I tap the 190 into the foundations and apply on my face, starting with cheeks blending outward in circular motions...it's simple people. Give this brush a try...change your foundation ladies!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2010 3:50:00 PM More reviews by fragilesong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not in love at all! It was my first MAC brush and gave me a bit of a negative opinion. I don't like the painting my face feeling or the way it soaks up foundation. I have the Essence of Beauty foundation brush from CVS, and for about 1/5 of the price, it's five times better!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2010 9:10:00 PM More reviews by tv_viewer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I actually love this brush. I don't "paint" my face like other reviewers have said. I actually just dab a little bit of foundation on my face then almost stipple it on with the side of the brush so I can get full coverage.

I wash it everyday with anti-bacterial soap like I do with all my face brushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2010 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Kmakie3414

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Okay I have seen a lot of bad reviews on this brush, but how I use it is I put the foundation evenly on my skin and the buff it out with a stippling brush. It actually works really well and you won't get those streaks of foundation. I love this and I think it's very soft

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2010 1:08:00 PM More reviews by xxchinadoll

I have a few brushes from M.A.C. and this has to be my least favourite because of all the streaks it leaves on my face. It applies my foundation on pretty well but never fails to leave streaks. I wouldn't repurchase this brush again. If you're looking for a foundation brush like the 190, just go for a cheaper alternative like the ecotools one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 1:42:00 AM More reviews by tawnyinthepink

I know we are all supposed to love MAC brushes but really, this SUCKS! Not good for a foundation at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2010 1:15:00 AM More reviews by jif2c

I use this brush everyday for my cream highlight on my browbone cheek bones. I love the look it does. I do not use this brush for foundations. I have a couple times but the application requires you to go back and blend out the streaks. I love this for my highlight and would buy again just for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2010 11:07:00 AM More reviews by MHarland

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this brush. Gives perfect application of my face and body foundation. Doesn't leave streaks, quick and easy to use, excellent quality.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2010 2:33:00 AM More reviews by woodwinkedgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this to replace my now horribly disfigured ecotools foundation brush (as you may have heard, all of the bristles fell out). There isn't much to say about this brush. The bristles have yet to commit suicide on me, it is soft, blends and distributes product evenly, and does not get streaky after one use.
Someone else mentioned that it feels like "painting your face". It does, and TBH, I quite like that. I feel like I have as much control over product placement as I do painting an actual canvas, and the brush covers a lot of ground very quickly.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2010 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Hevz555

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't like this brush and I rarely use it.

It's so big and as reviewers have said previously it feels like you are painting your face with it. It's hard to blend.

If I ever do use this brush it is just for quick application and I end up going over it with my 187 anyways as this brush alone does not feel like the foundation has sunk in or is blended at all. It also holds alot of product in the bristles so I feel like I am wasting product each time I use it.

I also feel like I need to wash it after every use which is a pain, I can't just spritz some cleanser on it for a few days. A whole heap of product comes off it when I wash it which just goes to show how much product it retains in its bristles.