July 24, 2014 | 1622 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #190 Foundation Brush

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2010 12:50:00 PM More reviews by RJJ

Soft but not good for foundation IMO. It leaves my foundation really streaky and I end up using a lot more product as I dont feel I get an equal coverage so I have to keep layering before i can blend!
For reference i use it with the mac studio tech foundation. I think the MAC 130 is a much better option, dont waste 25 on this brush, not worth it!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2010 9:14:00 AM More reviews by MissNostalgia

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have the SE 2007 Antiquitease Heirlooms edition.
I like this brush well enough. I really loved it at first for my foundation, but, since then Ive decided I prefer the 187.
I dont really care for the streaky finish it leaves, the way it seems to absorb all of the foundation before I can use it, or the 'painting' feeling.
I still use it - for cleaning sharp edges on my eyeshadow, or I imagine I would if I ever needed to use concealer on a large surface, but, otherwise, I cant say I really have a use for this brush anymore.
We had alot of fun at first, but, Ive had to move on.
Still though, my personal preference aside, its an okay brush; feels soft, cleans well, never sheds, and maintains its shape. Not bad if you prefer to paint foundation rather than stipple.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2010 5:46:00 PM More reviews by CutieAmy324

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't understand most of these reviews on here!! This brush is great!...I will say the 187 is my favorite but the 190 does the trick. I'm curious as to what foundation some users on here actually use to cause streaking because I have Nars sheer glow and Mac satinfinish which causes absolutely no streaking. I pour a dime size amount on the back side of my hand. I tap the 190 into the foundations and apply on my face, starting with cheeks blending outward in circular motions...it's simple people. Give this brush a try...change your foundation ladies!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2010 3:50:00 PM More reviews by fragilesong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not in love at all! It was my first MAC brush and gave me a bit of a negative opinion. I don't like the painting my face feeling or the way it soaks up foundation. I have the Essence of Beauty foundation brush from CVS, and for about 1/5 of the price, it's five times better!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2010 9:10:00 PM More reviews by tv_viewer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I actually love this brush. I don't "paint" my face like other reviewers have said. I actually just dab a little bit of foundation on my face then almost stipple it on with the side of the brush so I can get full coverage.

I wash it everyday with anti-bacterial soap like I do with all my face brushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2010 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Kmakie3414

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Okay I have seen a lot of bad reviews on this brush, but how I use it is I put the foundation evenly on my skin and the buff it out with a stippling brush. It actually works really well and you won't get those streaks of foundation. I love this and I think it's very soft

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2010 1:08:00 PM More reviews by xxchinadoll

I have a few brushes from M.A.C. and this has to be my least favourite because of all the streaks it leaves on my face. It applies my foundation on pretty well but never fails to leave streaks. I wouldn't repurchase this brush again. If you're looking for a foundation brush like the 190, just go for a cheaper alternative like the ecotools one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 1:42:00 AM More reviews by tawnyinthepink

I know we are all supposed to love MAC brushes but really, this SUCKS! Not good for a foundation at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2010 1:15:00 AM More reviews by jif2c

I use this brush everyday for my cream highlight on my browbone cheek bones. I love the look it does. I do not use this brush for foundations. I have a couple times but the application requires you to go back and blend out the streaks. I love this for my highlight and would buy again just for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2010 11:07:00 AM More reviews by MHarland

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this brush. Gives perfect application of my face and body foundation. Doesn't leave streaks, quick and easy to use, excellent quality.