July 31, 2014 | 2016 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Remington - Wet 2 Straight

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2008 11:24:00 AM More reviews by mna2006lp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First off, I have been searching years on the answer to perfectly straight hair! I am a person on the go, so I want low maintence beautiful hair. (Impossible, I know!) But with the wet 2 straight, I've had good hair days with little fuss! I have purchased so many hair styling items that its not even funny. I have medium length asian hair, kinda thick, sometimes frizzy. Can NEVER get it to be perfectly straight bc there is always TOO much volume. I changed my shampoo/conditioner started using MORE CONDITIONER and used the wet to straight iron.

I wash my hair at night before bed, then I blow dry my hair first until it is damp. (Must be no water dripping from the hair). I think the wet to straight works better that way. Then I use the wet to straight to dry out my damp hair, and go to bed. DO NOT use it the next morning before you go out, because it will make your hair all weird. It makes it straight in a way that it is sticking out, kinda hard to explain. Its just weird. BLOW DRY the next morning, it will be PERFECT and good to go! (I have the blow dryer with the comb at the mouth of the blowing, so its great and easy to style)

I absolutely love this. If you try this exactly in the way that I have stated, you will have perfectly beautiful hair everyday. If you have questions, feel free to msg me if this didnt make sense! =)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2008 12:35:00 AM More reviews by civicbabe627

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not only did this take absolutely forever to use on damp hair, to get it straight... but it totally fried my hair when I used it dry as well.
I had it for about a year, and used it because I couldn't afford anything else. Then I got my tourmaline and I would never go back to that other straightener.

...Remington, who?

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2008 3:03:00 AM More reviews by twilight_aura

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gosh I've had this straightener for years now, and it's absolutely fantastic! My hair is naturally thick and has a slight wave to it. I love that I don't have to wait for my hair to dry before using the straightener since it always ends up so frizzy that way. I tend to use it on damp hair, rather than dripping wet hair so that it goes faster. I've never had a problem with it straightening my hair, and I like that I can curl my ends inwards with it easily. I also love that I can get it to straighten my hair without it being absolutely stick straight, since I like to have at least some volume.

I've never had a problem with it damaging my hair, unlike other reviewers, since I also use Tresemme's heat protectant spray. I use this straightener after every time I shower, and have never had split ends from it :). I'm just starting on my second straightener cuz the coating on my first one started to come off (this didn't affect the straightening quality, but it's cheap enough for me to just buy another straightener). Overall, I can't live without this straightener and can rely on it to give me consistent results every time.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2008 8:40:00 PM More reviews by UtadaTenshi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While the iron did a nice job of drying my hair, it didn't do as well on the straightening part as the HerStyler. My hair, which has a tendency to flip out on one side, still had an obvious bend to it, no matter how many times I went over it. Not to mention, every time I used it, my hair was fried!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2008 9:24:00 PM More reviews by heycutie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really dislike this flat iron. I never use it on wet hair because that is far too damaging. Whenever I straighten my hair, it becomes nasty within a few minutes. It looks stringy and dry. It is not just this straightener, I have use my friends flat irons and my hair will stay beautiful and straight all day. This flat iron is alsoreally damaging. I would never recomend this to someone. I am going to purchase the sedu.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2008 11:10:00 PM More reviews by girlfriendx

I have 2 reviews of the this product. My first is when I purchased it last year. It worked AMAZING on both wet and dry hair. Maybe it's a little wierd but I kind of like the "sizzle" sound my hair makes when I'm putting the iron through my wet hair. There was a definate "hair burning" smell which is really difficult to get rid of after using. My hair would even smell like it but if I ran some "biosilk" through it, it got rid of the smell. I didn't care, my hair looked like I just paid $800 for japanese straightening. I received SO MANY compliments every day with how great it looked. By the way, my hair is super thick and takes about 30 minutes to straighten when wet. I have a history of bad hair, this iron actually made me feel pretty.

Here is my 2nd review. My 1st iron was used every day for about a year when I noticed the teflon was wearing off the plates. I bought a new one (why not, for $30 it's worth buying once a year). To my dismay, Remington completely changed the iron!! The plates are not the same material. I know this because now my hair does not straighten wet the same as it did. There is no funny smell anymore. I'm totally bummed. It is a decent dry straightener. It takes me a little longer to straighten dry but I still love the results. For the price, you really can't beat it.

Maybe with the old model the manufacturer decided Teflon wasn't safe enough? It really used to stink bad.

So I give this product 3 out of 5 lippies. I still love my iron but can't do as much as I could.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2008 3:15:00 PM More reviews by miche2004

I have very long, thick hair that has weird, random waves in it and I hate it. I've had about 5 hair straighteners in the past and a few of them just didn't work at all (conair...) or they worked OK at first but an hour later my hair would be back to being wavy and frizzy. I was VERY cautious at buying this straightener...I had heard about other wet/dry tools that just didn't work. I decided to do some research and found mostly positive reviews for this one.

What drew me to this is that I wouldn't have to wait until my hair dried to use it. I can't blow dry my hair without it poofing out on top of taking over an hour to get it mostly dry. The very first time I used this I fell in love. It left my hair stick straight and non-frizzy and soft. I only had to go over each section maybe twice to get it completely dry and straight-mind you...i tend to use too big of sections because I'm in a hurry.

I did notice a slight smell while doing it - I don't know if this is the tool or the heat on my hair - I have not noticed any damage to my hair though so I can live with it, I just put a little product in my hair to cover up any smell it may leave.

It is ready to use in seconds it seems...and for my hair type - I like the results better when my hair is wet. Be careful of the steam though - I've burnt myself a couple times-but that is my fault alone.

I live where there is a lot of humidity, which is probably why my straightened hair using other tools did not last. I have used the Remington straightener on one of the most humid days we have had this year and my hair stayed PERFECT - with no help of any other styling products. I've noticed my hair stays straight until I wash it-which is usually every other day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2008 9:40:00 PM More reviews by dachua

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted a flatiron that would allow me to straighten damp (not wet) hair, and I am fairly happy with this. It allows me to skip blow drying, so I feel like that's one less damaging thing I'm doing to my hair. I did have the problem others have mentioned of accidentally changing the setting when using it. I found that if you put your thumb on the little window, this rarely happens. I think that is how it is intended to be held, but they do not tell us that, i had to figure it out on my own.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2008 4:22:00 PM More reviews by kalisaen

I don't like this tool at all. I have used it several times while my hair was damp or wet in hopes it would do what it says, but to no avail. The plates are not as hot as they advertise and it tugs and pulls no matter how little I'm squeezing the handles. It's a big waste of time and money, and I hate the buzzing noise as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2008 6:03:00 PM More reviews by kerryanne32

I can't live without mine. I recently bought a more expensive straightener and went right back to my trusty remington!