September 17, 2014 | 1931 users online

Moisturizers - CeraVe - Moisturizing Lotion

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this lotion for soothing parched skin, but it's quite light for me in winter. Outdoor air is cold & dry and indoor heat is hot & even drier, so I have to go heavier on the face cream. I spent my younger years fighting off a perpetual oil slick on my face, but ever since 37 (I'm now 40) all the oil my body manufactured has dried up, leaving me with uncomfortably dry skin & developing wrinkles. I started using a 1% retinol product recently (plus high-% glycolic acid), which only adds to the dry, tender skin problem. Natural topical oils (argan, maracuja, coconut) don't help to lubricate my skin, they only leave my skin & hands feeling dry after they soak in.

So I started looking for products with either ceramides or hyaluronic acid & was happy to see that Cerave has both. I wanted the cream but am unhappy about it containing BOTH parabens & phenoxyethanol - seriously? The lotion has fewer ingredients (therefore probably a better balance of ceramides & HA vs. base ingredients), no phenoxyethanol, & minimal parabens (unlike the cream which has both), so I chose to try the lotion first ($15 at Rite Aid, $18 at Duane Reade).

I like that it's light, non-greasy, scentless, seems fresh & natural kind of like Cetaphil cleanser (which I tried once but don't currently use). It makes my skin comfortable, especially my hands which feel tight & dry after washing & I hate greasy residue of creams on my hands but this lotion sinks right in & lets them feel normal. My legs & feet also love this lotion after I shower. It's just not quite emolient enough for my face & neck during winter, so I might try the cream version after all. The lotion surely is a fantastic summer item, but I'll continue using it even now. It's not perfect for dry winter skin, but it's still a good quencher with reasonably minimal harmful ingredients. I find it particularly useful as a hand lotion at work (medical office - frequent hand washing).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by TMKipp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The only face moisturizer I use. Works winter and summer without being heavy or sticky. Makeup glides on after using. A bottle lasts a long time and is great for using on your legs after shaving (doesn't irritate). Stop wasting money on brands that advertise in magazines - this has everything you need.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by AuntJackie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was absolutely horrible on my sensitive dry skin. It made me break out all over and it looked like I had hives all over my body. I don't know why I reacted that way but obviously I was one of the ones that this product didn't help. I would never buy again! It cost about $15 and it was the biggest waste ever!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by HWL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a great body lotion, and actually the best I have ever used. It has no scent and is so light, but really moisturizes. I use it after the shower wet and it really keeps in the moisture and keeps the dryness out, with no greasiness. I use it with Cerave hydrating cleanser (which I use as a body wash and morning facial wash). This is a light lotion that goes on great wet or dry. I use it wet as it keeps in water. Some say it's not good in dry climates and might pull oil out of your skin, but I can attest to using it all winter.

The cream is heavier and nice as a face cream and for dry spots like the elbows. But I have used this on my face many times and it does not break me out and works well and is not greasy. This is so easy to use in the pump and works so well, that this is what I use most. I love all the products and they can mixed, according to your needs. This is one of my favorites and the most versatile. I can use it anywhere and know that my skin will not be dry or break out. It is an amazing product and one that is has really made a huge difference. I have skin that often hurts it is so dry and prone to rashes. I like this mostly as a body lotion. I am trying out the AM and PM and so far so good, but they cost more, though go a long way. I think this or the tub of cream (depending on your preference, as they have similar ingredients) are a must have for anyone with dry skin in any climate. It is hot and muggy in the summer and cold and dry in the winter here. This works all year!

Update; We keep buying this as I use it all over and my husband likes it for his feet. But it does break out my face alas. But I have eczema and this is a god send for the rest of me. . It has cured my dry skin. I have been using tons of lotion for years and I need less since started this.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by doofus7734

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

SPF 30 is about the only thing this product has going for it. After I washed my face and patted dry, I applied the product. It left a white haze that lasted several minutes. My face was baby soft, but still dry and tight feeling. Just not enough moisture for me. Admittedly, I live on the South Carolina coast and I am outside quite a bit. I tried the day and night version of this product, and returned them both.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought the Cerave lotion based on my dermatologist's recommendation and it's okay. My skin needs something more richer and the cream is much better.
This lotion is great if you have normal to slightly combination skin; I don't recommend it for dry to very dry skin types.
It is lightweight and absorbs well and fragrance free.

EDIT: This stuff is better suited for my skin which is experiencing major breakouts. (I cannot wait for perimenopause to be over) It's lightweight and doesn't clog my pores.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by bluebelleyes

I have VERY ACNE PRONE skin, that is also very dry (because of the acne prevention products I have to use) and I bought this hoping it would be a littlee more moisturizing than my current daily moisturizer (spectro for dry skin).

I used this for one week. My skin felt raw and dry and tight no matter how much I applied of this. My wrinkles became more apparent as my skin got more and more dry, but I wanted to give the CeraVe a fair trial. It also made my foundation hard to blend and eye makeup hard to apply, aand I started breaking out in little tiny pimples on my cheeks and forehead after a few days, when I had FINALLY been clear for a little while :( The morning I gave up and used my spectro again my skin felt much better right away.
Bottom line - Cerave wasn't moisturising enough for my skin, and it probably is what broke me out (nothing else changed in my skincare/makeup routine.) And it cost me almost 25 dollars !!!! So sad :(

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by aeriekah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually bought this on accident, I wanted the cream and thought they offered it in a pump but when I got it at home is was not as thick and realized I bought the lotion version. I compared the two and they are nearly identical except the cream contains petrolatum (which is probably what makes it thicker in consistency)

It penetrates well and does not make my face feel greasy. My skin soaks this up to a matte finish very much like the cream and the only difference is the consistency. I use this as an AM moisturizer before my makeup routine.

I do prefer the cream because the heavier consistency upon application feels like Im getting a sufficient moisture for my skin. I have a HG daily but mostly night moisturizer (Argan Oil). I will switch between the cream and the oil every now and then but when I need the extra moisture, I apply the cream on top, which I think helps lock my argan oil in.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 8:52:00 AM More reviews by Briggitte

Love this product! As a professional makeup artist I use this on myself and on my clients. It has worked well on everyones skin. I love how fast it absorbs without leaving a greasy residue and it also doesn't clog pores which is something that I noticed with Cetaphil. For the price you really can't find anything even close to the quality of Cerave.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by SUPAtime

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've gone thru bottles and bottles of this. It's my HG moisturizer. For my face I blend it with oil (avocado, coffee butter, rice bran, watermelon seed, etc etc) because my skin is so dry. On its own it is fast absorbing and non greasy. I love it as a hand and body lotion (although I am using the heavier CeraVe SA Renewing for winter and loving it even more!). It's very hydrating and soothing. I'm very clog prone but I never have problems with this breaking me out.