July 26, 2014 | 892 users online

Moisturizers - CeraVe - Moisturizing Lotion

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by doofus7734

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

SPF 30 is about the only thing this product has going for it. After I washed my face and patted dry, I applied the product. It left a white haze that lasted several minutes. My face was baby soft, but still dry and tight feeling. Just not enough moisture for me. Admittedly, I live on the South Carolina coast and I am outside quite a bit. I tried the day and night version of this product, and returned them both.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought the Cerave lotion based on my dermatologist's recommendation and it's okay. My skin needs something more richer and the cream is much better.
This lotion is great if you have normal to slightly combination skin; I don't recommend it for dry to very dry skin types.
It is lightweight and absorbs well and fragrance free.

EDIT: This stuff is better suited for my skin which is experiencing major breakouts. (I cannot wait for perimenopause to be over) It's lightweight and doesn't clog my pores.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by bluebelleyes

I have VERY ACNE PRONE skin, that is also very dry (because of the acne prevention products I have to use) and I bought this hoping it would be a littlee more moisturizing than my current daily moisturizer (spectro for dry skin).

I used this for one week. My skin felt raw and dry and tight no matter how much I applied of this. My wrinkles became more apparent as my skin got more and more dry, but I wanted to give the CeraVe a fair trial. It also made my foundation hard to blend and eye makeup hard to apply, aand I started breaking out in little tiny pimples on my cheeks and forehead after a few days, when I had FINALLY been clear for a little while :( The morning I gave up and used my spectro again my skin felt much better right away.
Bottom line - Cerave wasn't moisturising enough for my skin, and it probably is what broke me out (nothing else changed in my skincare/makeup routine.) And it cost me almost 25 dollars !!!! So sad :(

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by aeriekah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually bought this on accident, I wanted the cream and thought they offered it in a pump but when I got it at home is was not as thick and realized I bought the lotion version. I compared the two and they are nearly identical except the cream contains petrolatum (which is probably what makes it thicker in consistency)

It penetrates well and does not make my face feel greasy. My skin soaks this up to a matte finish very much like the cream and the only difference is the consistency. I use this as an AM moisturizer before my makeup routine.

I do prefer the cream because the heavier consistency upon application feels like Im getting a sufficient moisture for my skin. I have a HG daily but mostly night moisturizer (Argan Oil). I will switch between the cream and the oil every now and then but when I need the extra moisture, I apply the cream on top, which I think helps lock my argan oil in.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 8:52:00 AM More reviews by Briggitte

Love this product! As a professional makeup artist I use this on myself and on my clients. It has worked well on everyones skin. I love how fast it absorbs without leaving a greasy residue and it also doesn't clog pores which is something that I noticed with Cetaphil. For the price you really can't find anything even close to the quality of Cerave.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by SUPAtime

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've gone thru bottles and bottles of this. It's my HG moisturizer. For my face I blend it with oil (avocado, coffee butter, rice bran, watermelon seed, etc etc) because my skin is so dry. On its own it is fast absorbing and non greasy. I love it as a hand and body lotion (although I am using the heavier CeraVe SA Renewing for winter and loving it even more!). It's very hydrating and soothing. I'm very clog prone but I never have problems with this breaking me out.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by linklicious

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product did not agree with my skin.I have sensitive, combination/dry, acne-prone skin. At first, I liked how this moisturizer felt on my skin, but after 30 minutes my face started itching. I had to wash it off. I gave it another try the following day only to be rewarded with a new blemish.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by liliesandsunshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a plain moisturizer that works for me. It does not feel greasy, even hours later (which is not usually the case so this is a big plus). I've been using this for several months already so it is a good value price-wise.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Sooji13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is awful. It's greasy, does not absorb into the skin, and it gave me small white pimples all over my face. For an over-the-counter face lotion, it's not cheap either. My dermatologist RAVED about this and didn't understand when I told her it made my face worse.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2012 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Glumbumble

It's a nice overall moisturizer, it seems to sink in quickly. And a little goes a long way. But I thought the 'acid' in it and how it's supposed to go deep down into your pores would help with preventing the oiliness on my skin from coming back after washing my face. But I still find myself breaking out, and worst of all the oiliness on my face hasn't been improved at all. This product was way too expensive for the amount that you get. I won't be buying this lotion again. I'd rather just use an overall lotion for my body and face, it's cheaper anyway and does the same job.