December 19, 2014 | 1056 users online

Moisturizers - CeraVe - Moisturizing Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by AmazingBella

I was at my dermatologist and my skin was very dry from an acne medication i was using. The moisturizers i was using just wasn't helping at all. They had samples of this in the waiting area so i tried it and it made my skin feel sooo much better. I went to CVS and bought this for $15. I use this every day for my face and i've had the bottle for over a year and still have so much left. It's very light on your face, it absorbs into the skin very well.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2013 6:20:00 AM More reviews by bblank87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to like this sooo badly. It's cheap (something like a dollar an oz), and I heard sooo many good things about this. But it sucks. I've been using this for 2+ months. In the time this product has made me break out all over in places I never breakout (my skin usually clear other then a small breakout around totm. EVEN WORSE IT MADE MY SKIN SOOOOOOOOO DRY. My skin is pretty normal. I was so dry I started to get fine lines and face actual felt tight and kinda painful. Even my DH who notices nothing mentioned how crappy, dull and dry my skin was looking. No thanks. Switched back to Jason and my skin is already looking 100% better fine lines are gone.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by SleepIsTheCousin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Argh.... I wish that everything that worked for everyone else worked for me. Stuck to this moisturizer for a while and it has done nothing but exacerbate my acne.

Dry, sensitive, acne-prone skin, can sometimes be mildly oily on the forehead.

This moisturizer seems like its good for normal skin, oily skin, and acne-prone oily skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 3:17:00 AM More reviews by combatmedicwife

I actually took a closer look at this unassuming bottle on the shelf when I happened to notice its exorbitant price. Upon closer inspection, I noticed that this lotion contains ceramides and hyaluronic acid! Wow, someone did their homework!
Elizabeth Arden has products with ceramides that cost a small fortune. By comparison, this is a steal. Plus hyaluronic acid.
Absorbs right into the skin, which is great- except after my purchase I was dismayed to discover some questionable ingredients including TWO types of parabens... ugh... why, Coria Laboratories?! You have hyaluronic acid and ceramides in one reasonably priced lotion then you ruin it! I'm not using this forum as a soapbox for my ingredient safety concerns but I will say I really don't like the idea of that stuff absorbing directly into my system- and doing it as well as it does.
Back to the drawing board.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 12:33:00 PM More reviews by SkinSense78

I gave this lotion a try as I was tired of overpaying for moisturizers when the wintertime came and my skin dried out. I have rosacea and occasional acne and this lotion has been a dream. My skin is soft, smooth and soothed. The formula is unique, the ceramides and hyaluronic acid make such a difference in maintaining healthy skin. For the price, there is nothing on the market that can compete.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 7:27:00 AM More reviews by ningurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have really REALLY dry skin up here in the cold fridgid Canadian north. Nothing seems to be working for me so I was recommeneded this. My skin is starting to peel and flake its so dry. I found this to be a nice light moisturizer, but I think it may be best suited for every season here in Ontario EXCEPT winter as its still not moisturizing enough. With that said, I'm very impressed that I do not wake up with any tiny whiteheads (like what cetaphil did), its not greasy, gets absorbed right away and doesn't have a funky smell. I will definately use this for all other seasons, but in the mean time, my search continues. I will repurchase when needed.

UPDATE:due to the cetyl alcohol in this, it was giving me whiteheads. I had to stop using it. Will have to use this as a body moisturizer now.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by shell624

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading a lot of reviews, I thought, what the heck? It's so cheap. Mind you, I've spent thousands a year at Neimans on creams and serums. I bought all that was in stock at Walmart, pm lotion, foaming cleanser and cream. The cleanser was nice and didn't leave my skin tight. The lotion was wonderful at first, but I woke up looking a little dry. The past 2 days I've used the cream, both morning and night. I'm normal skinned, but am 46, so I need more then a light moisture. The cream gave me a nice mate finish and no pores all day. I just went to wash for evening and still couldn't see any pores! I think I'm in love! My husband asked if I've been out in the sun because my skin was rosey. In a good way;) Hopefully I won't start breaking out with this cream, because I can't wait to see how good my skin will look in 4 weeks.. I just sent the whole set to my mom for her birthday! (She's 64) she loves it too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this lotion for soothing parched skin, but it's quite light for me in winter. Outdoor air is cold & dry and indoor heat is hot & even drier, so I have to go heavier on the face cream. I spent my younger years fighting off a perpetual oil slick on my face, but ever since 37 (I'm now 40) all the oil my body manufactured has dried up, leaving me with uncomfortably dry skin & developing wrinkles. I started using a 1% retinol product recently (plus high-% glycolic acid), which only adds to the dry, tender skin problem. Natural topical oils (argan, maracuja, coconut) don't help to lubricate my skin, they only leave my skin & hands feeling dry after they soak in.

So I started looking for products with either ceramides or hyaluronic acid & was happy to see that Cerave has both. I wanted the cream but am unhappy about it containing BOTH parabens & phenoxyethanol - seriously? The lotion has fewer ingredients (therefore probably a better balance of ceramides & HA vs. base ingredients), no phenoxyethanol, & minimal parabens (unlike the cream which has both), so I chose to try the lotion first ($15 at Rite Aid, $18 at Duane Reade).

I like that it's light, non-greasy, scentless, seems fresh & natural kind of like Cetaphil cleanser (which I tried once but don't currently use). It makes my skin comfortable, especially my hands which feel tight & dry after washing & I hate greasy residue of creams on my hands but this lotion sinks right in & lets them feel normal. My legs & feet also love this lotion after I shower. It's just not quite emolient enough for my face & neck during winter, so I might try the cream version after all. The lotion surely is a fantastic summer item, but I'll continue using it even now. It's not perfect for dry winter skin, but it's still a good quencher with reasonably minimal harmful ingredients. I find it particularly useful as a hand lotion at work (medical office - frequent hand washing).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by TMKipp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The only face moisturizer I use. Works winter and summer without being heavy or sticky. Makeup glides on after using. A bottle lasts a long time and is great for using on your legs after shaving (doesn't irritate). Stop wasting money on brands that advertise in magazines - this has everything you need.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by AuntJackie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was absolutely horrible on my sensitive dry skin. It made me break out all over and it looked like I had hives all over my body. I don't know why I reacted that way but obviously I was one of the ones that this product didn't help. I would never buy again! It cost about $15 and it was the biggest waste ever!