CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion

Water Purified, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 7/27/2013 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

On my second bottle of this now. I have very dry skin (body not face) and I get psoriasis and eczema on occasion. This moisturizes but doesn't feel heavy or tacky on my skin, it absorbs quickly and is great to use when I just want to apply something quick and leave for work. I love that it has little to no fragrance and doesn't make my skin red or itchy. It's not really moisturizing enough for extremely dry winter skin imo but it does a great job in the summer. Would repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm in love with this stuff. My face has been extremely dry because I just started using panoxyl. It's been red, itchy, and irritated but this stuff helps it so much. When applied onto my irritated skin it does not sting at all. It never leaves my skin feeling oily or greasy. My face feels so smooth and hydrated! Love it.

on 7/24/2013 5:38:00 PM

Cerave has seperate lotions for face and body. The lotion pictured above is for the body. I just bought this lotion today and will post an update. The intention of this post is to help others pick the right lotion. Dimethecone in the body lotion may clog facial pores.

Edit/Update: Although this didn't work for my face, I LOVE it for my legs. I get the dreaded KP and this helps soften the bumps. It mildly helps with the redness, but I haven't been using it long so I can't speak to long term benefits.

This work ok for my skin (perioral dermatitis, combination). It didn't seem irritating. Not as much moisture as I would have liked and it smells faintly of dull melted plastic. Not for me, especially at $17USD.

on 6/30/2013 4:25:00 PM

Great, deeply hydrating lotion that I use all over my body and occasionally on my face (if it is feeling dry or irritated). It doesn't have much of a scent, but can feel its moisturizing effects hours after I apply it (especially on my legs). It also hasn't made me break out when I use it on my face. I only do that sparingly and at night though, since my skin is fairly oily.

My dermatologist recommended this otc lotion for some little bumps I have on my arms. The lotion does help some. However, the smell so closely resembles the smell of baby soy formula spit-up I can hardly stand it. It's also somewhat expensive $13.

on 6/23/2013 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

PROS: I've had eczema all my life, and I began to develop allergic rashes to pretty much everything a few years ago. My dermatologist recommended this moisturizer since it's pretty mild. My skin definitely likes it! It never, ever gives me a rash - nor does it cause me to have acne breakouts on my face. If I happen to have an allergic/irritation rash on my face from another product, this moisturizer evens seems to soothe it and calm it down a little. It feels lightweight and absorbs faster than any other moisturizer I've tried.

CONS: Sometimes I feel that it's not an incredibly effective moisturizer when it comes to the skin on the rest of my body. If I use it on my arms or legs, it feels like nothing at all. It also doesn't give me that 'deeply moisturized' feeling on my face that I crave.

FINAL THOUGHTS: If you've got sensitive, rash-prone skin, Cerave Moisturizing Lotion is a no-frills, get-'er-done moisturizer that won't irritate your skin. It's a great daily moisturizer, but you'll probably want to supplement your moisturizing routine with some bi-weekly deep moisturizer.

Staying far away from cerave. Broke me out something awful. Thankfully, I always test on my chin and part if my neck, so no break out on my face. Still have lingering pimples a week out. I can't say if its the hydrating or foaming cleanser, or the lotions since I was desperate to try something new to help relieve my super dry skin, neither products helped in that department, either.

on 6/6/2013 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I keep trying CeraVe products hoping they'd work for me, since they are really economical and easy to find, but apparently it's just not meant to be!

PROS: You already know: Ceramides, hyaluronic acid, cholesterol, and the time releasing MVE technology. Huge bottles and cheap.

CONS: Glycerin as ingredient #2. Feels heavy as a result. Not as heavy as others though since it's a lotion. But if I put my finger on my face and try to gently move it down, it feels like there is a bit of drag (the product) from it not drying. I have dry skin but I hate glycerin because it always appears a shiny, feels heavy, and never dries - it is too good at moisturizing! I don't know what it is about CeraVe's moisturizers either, but something in them doesn't agree with me. I'll wash my face and it looks pretty calm, but as soon as I moisturize, it looks like it's flushes. Not in an extreme way, but like oxidizing foundation - slightly darker and redder. Enough that it bothers me. I recently used this on one arm too and honestly, that arm looks worse now. The arm I didn't use it on looks to have a more even tone, and the one I did use it on got tiny breakouts - and that never happens. They

OVERALL: I'll try their sunscreens, but I'm done with their moisturizers. The key word in how my skin responds is "tolerate". They don't destroy my skin, and they aren't the worst thing I've used, but they don't fully agree either.

on 5/1/2013 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is a pretty great moisturizer! I have somewhat sensitive, normal-normal/slightly combination skin (on my face) that dries out easily in some areas and gets a bit more oily in others. I use this at night after washing my face when I feel like I need a good moisture boost, or when my skin is feeling irritated. A couple weeks ago I used it when I ended up with three dry patches on the right side of my face after using Rimmel Stay Matte powder for five days in a row. After the first night of using it, the patches were greatly diminished.

This lotion doesn't irritate my skin at all and doesn't cause any breakouts. I tend not to use it during the day under my makeup though, as I find it makes me a bit shiny and my makeup doesn't last as long. I tend to use more moisturizing foundations, tinted moisturizers, and bb creams, so I really don't need a lot of moisture underneath them. I have used this on my hands and body as well and I love it for that, too! I sometimes get random small patches of dry, irritated skin, excema and/or psoriasis (yay!) and this doesn't irritate any of that. It actually helps with them a lot. I would repurchase this product!