NARS Amour

4.5

Talc, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Stearoxy Dimethicone, Acetylated, Lanolin Alcohol, Cetyl Acetate, Isopropyl Lanolate, BHA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Triclosan MAY CONTAIN: Mica,CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499 (Iron Oxides) CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake) CI 45380 (Red 22 Lake) CI 45410 (Red 28 Lake) CI 12085 (Red 36 Lake) CI 12085 (Red 36) CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake) CI 77007 (Ultramarines) CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder) CI 15850 (Red 7)

on 7/13/2010 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Out of the three NARS powder blushes that I currently own, this is the softest, most traditional shade in the pan. This goes you an idea of how my taste in blush runs: I prefer powder blushes that are highly pigmented, bright, and matte (or with very minimal shimmer). Amour is a lovely soft, pink with a strong dose of peach and a matte finish. Like all NARS powder blushes, the color pay-off is excellent, and little product is needed (if you are nervous about overdoing it, I would recommend applying with a fan brush like Smashbox #22.) The more I use this shade, the more I appreciate its lasting power and versatility - since it's not exactly a straightforward peach or a "true" pink, it works with a wide variety of color palettes. It lends my warm NC 35 skin a soft, natural glow, and I can imagine it working on a variety of skin tones. I'm definitely happy with this purchase, and continue to be impressed by NARS' blush offerings.

on 7/12/2010 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I actually bought this color on accident but ended up really liking it. It's pretty bright so I dip the brush very lightly. A little really goes a long way. I like to use it when I do a neutral eye so it adds a pop of color. It goes on smooth and lasts all day.

on 7/10/2010 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

The texture of the blush is very fine and very smooth. The quality is superb. However, I am very surprised this blush has gotten so many great reviews from people with tan/olive skin tones. It is a hot pink-red color on my skin, and it clashes terribly! I starts out bright pink with a thin layer and gets very bright-doll-faced with more red, as you layer on the color. I really tried to love it, but it's not working. I think thou, that it will look great on light/cool skin tones and on darker African-American skin tones as well. Someone called this a warm color but I really fell it is cool-toned.

on 7/9/2010 7:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love this color! I think it's more versatile than orgasm; it doesn't have that annoying sparkle and it works better on my Asian tanned skin with olive undertones. This is a coral-ish color that is buildable; it blends very well. I usually don't look good with coral lipsticks, but this looks great on me and I think will work well on most people. I've only had to buy two over the last 8-ish years; I bought the second one because it got smashed while the compact was open.

The packaging is great, as Nars products are. It's a sleek little black compact with a mirror.

I would definitately recommend this color blush, the finish is amazing and the value worth it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

beautiful beautiful rosy pink!!! that prettiest blush and i love the matte finish. it's a buidable color so i'm able to work with the color according to how much i want. would highly recommend this blush!!

on 7/2/2010 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

Like others, I was drawn to this particular NARS blush because it did not have the shimmer/sparkle like the other blushes. This is a beautiful color, highly pigmented, and very good quality. Very little is needed to achieve a natural pop of color on your cheeks, so I expect that this will last me a long time. I love this blush and find myself using this one a lot.

on 6/17/2010 12:29:00 PM

Nice peachy pink with NO GLITTER (something that I usually HATE about nars products, looking like a glitter ball). it is a warm nice peachy pink that goes oK with my PPP complexion. However, ut can llook slightly ruddy, so it is not on my topp list. Lasts all day, easy to apply and no fuss. I prefer Dolce & Gabbana.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love how this blush is matte. I wear it when I don't feel like wearing a shimmery out-there kind of blush. The color is so pretty, it's like a peachy-pink and I've read some reviews describing it as a coral. The blush is pigmented and very easy to blend. This was my first NARS blush so it holds a special place in my heart. :)

on 5/31/2010 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I will definitely repurchase this again, but I'm not sure if I'll ever get through all of it! I LOVE this for the summer months when I'm a bit more tan at an NC30. I used it almost every day last summer... when I wasn't using this I used NARS Deep Throat which I love as well for the summer. I still use it during the winter/spring months, but I do find that if I don't use the lightest of hands, it turns out to be a bit shocking and too red for me.

on 5/30/2010 7:36:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

In the pan, Amour is a gorgeous silky peachy-pink. On my skin (yellow-toned NC20) it's a pinky-coral with rusty undertones; beautiful and natural-looking and great for my coloring. I find it's best to use over a more subdued blush; just a quick "pop" of color. It sets off my skin and pulls my makeup together really nicely. It is definitely on the pricey side (as all Nars products are) but I've had mine for months and it looks barely used. It's so pigmented and finely ground/pressed that it'll last forever -- you don't need to use much and a light hand is best. I like to use a skunk brush for even, "glowy" application. I just love this blush and it's one of my daily staples.

Popular Blush Products