August 1, 2014 | 1336 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Liquid Facial Soap - Oily skin

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2009 1:07:00 AM More reviews by sorchao

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Tried this over the summer for a few months, bought the whole kit from Sephora.

I found it made my skin breakout rather than prevent them and I don't like the way it makes my skin feel after washing.

I will not be repurchasing this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2009 7:56:00 AM More reviews by krista187

LOVE IT!
I usually use the:
STEP 1: Mild - Normal to Dry skin (the bar of soap)
STEP 2: Clarifying Lotion 2 Skin Types 2 - Dry Combination
STEP3: Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion Skin Types: 1 - Very Dry to Dry, 2 - Dry Combination

When Summer hit my skin felt good still but I just wanted a slightly "deeper" cleanser due to sweating from being in the heat outside for a long period of time.

So I bought the Liquid Facial Soap for this skin type:
Oily - Normal to Oily skin

I use Facial Cleansing Buffs by:Face Secrets
(from Sally's Beauty Supply) with the soap!

It doesn't make me feel dry or parched. Plus my skin also feels clean and smooth. I still use the same Toner and lotion with it.

Over all I like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2009 6:30:00 AM More reviews by kitkatelectric

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

i like htis product better than cetaphil. it works like cetaphil but removes the make up much more effectively. it's really inexpensive considering its about 15 dollars for a product that works well for my oily skin and lasts a long time if used in proper portions.

my skin is no where near as oily, i dont get oily skin under my make up anymore. however it took about a month use of hte product before i started seeing results. skin feels super clean.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2009 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Shayron

I haven't been very impressed with Clinique's facial cleansers. I got this as a GWP. It's comparable to drug store brands but I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2009 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Noboho

This is a decent cleanser. It cleans the face well but doesn't help with oil control for very long after you've used it. I have realized that bar soaps work FAR BETTER on my oily skin than liquid cleansers. I used this for a while then switched to Clinique's oily skin bar soap. My bottle of this is still half full so I use it from time to time as a makeup remover. It removes makeup suprisingly well! Overall, a good, not great cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2009 12:32:00 AM More reviews by ongsarah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This cleanser doesn't dry out my combination to oily skin. In fact, it leaves my skin feeling fresh and cleansed. What I like most about this cleanser is that my skin does not feel taut and dry.
The pump bottle is great! Saves me having to wonder how much is left in the bottle (semi-translucent).
This would have to be one of the best valued cleanser I have bought for a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2009 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Emily520

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this cleanser for about 2 years now. It really seems to get my face clean and take ALL my makeup off. It's great for my skin because it tends to be really oily, especially by the end of the day.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2009 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Eivuwan

I got a sample of this soap for free along with my clinique moisturizing gel (which is great btw). This soap cleans alright, but seems to leave dead flakes of skin on my face. It's also too drying and expensive. Not worth trying.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2009 3:49:00 AM More reviews by just55

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lets examine before we enter a new product in the database people. There are like 4 entries for one cleanser. Anyways, it is a very nice cleanser. Not stripping or drying in the least bit. I can tell that it leaves the barrier of the skin undisturbed. I would buy again. The smell is weird even tho9ugh its unscented, i prefer some scent, it doesnt have to be strong, but the smell is kinda blagh. It doesnt make me happy to wash my face, let me just say that. But it does cleanse well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2009 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Skytenshi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Despite numerous other reviewers ditching this product and saying that it is too drying for their skin, I have to say this is my HG cleanser. It seems like some of the negative reviews of this product were due to the reviewers not having oily skin to begin with (or if they have oily skin, it's oily in the sense that their skin gets oily sometime during the day, which is not necessarily an indication that you have oily skin).

I, on the other hand, have oily skin in the sense that it is constantly oily. I have never used anything that dried out my skin. Not even traditional soap has dried it out. Anyway, this cleanser is the only cleanser I have used that has been able to keep my chin breakouts at bay. My face feels clean afterwards and I absolutely adore the menthol that has been added to it - makes me feel refreshed in the morning.

Some reviewers have dismissed this product as not being fragrance-free because of the weird smell it has. Well, it is precisely because it is fragrance-free that you can smell the actual chemicals that this cleanser is made of! I agree the smell is not exactly pleasing, but I'm used to it. In the past, I would stray off to other cleansers with a better smell (such as Avalon Organics), but this is the only thing that works for me and I vow to stick with it from now on!

EDIT (27th August 2009): I've gotten lazy and I have finally fulfilled my continual quest for a multi-purpose product that will wash my face and body. Refer to my review on the Hamilton Skin Therapy Wash.

Update on 10 January 2010: I'm back to using this. I'm using the 3-step program now cuz after all these years of going on and off Clinique, I finally realised that it was the 3-step program that always kept my blemishes at bay.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No