August 29, 2014 | 1287 users online

Powder - Chanel - Double Perfection Compact

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2009 9:12:00 PM More reviews by katrinalove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I adore this powder. I use it as a finishing powder with a brush (I like the extra coverage), with a sponge as a light foundation on good skin days, and as a touch up powder throughout the day. I dropped it several times and carried it in my bag constantly and the powder and compact never broke. I didn't realize how matte this kept my skin until I stopped using it, no other powder has compared.This made me look poreless, which is far from the truth, as my pores are nothing less than massive. The best thing about this powder, it never made me break out. Perfection. Unfortunately, I'm all out. It lasted me about 8 months with daily use. I've been searching for a cheaper alternative to no avail. Oh Chanel Double Perfection how I wish you were more affordable, it's your only flaw.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2009 5:03:00 PM More reviews by peachgirly

Chanels Double Perfection compact is definitely my HG foundation. I love it so much that I dont think that I would be able to live without it. It does everything that I would want a foundation to do. It covers up all of my acne scars and it evens out my skin tone. It makes my skin look so flawless and perfect that many people compliment me on how good my skin looks even though my skin is far from perfect. One con that I can think of is the price but I would say that its definitely worth it. :D

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2009 10:50:00 AM More reviews by laurore44

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE:
I am returning this product. There is just no way it is worth the price I paid.

The main reason is that I cannot get an even coverage. Some areas of my face "hold" the makeup better than others (even over moisturizer) and even after working carefully to make sure the coverage was even, some parts faded very quickly while others appeared to have a thick coverage.

I should add that I am not a novice at applying powder foundations; I've been using various brands for over 20 years.

There was virtually no oil control with this product either. The whole reason I prefer powders in the summer is to avoid a greasy feel. But this foundation turned shiny very quickly, and did not conceal pores. Even worse, the oily areas turned dark, resulting in a patchy look.

By mid-day I decided to give up. I tissued off what was left of the makeup. I look better with a bare face than I look with this.

To be fair, I'll mention a couple of positives about this product. For one thing, it did not sink into fine lines. For another, it did not look chalky at all. It's possible that it might be o.k. in cooler weather, or for dryer skins, or over a silicone primer; but since I bought this for use in the humid summer on my oily, acne-prone skin, it's not going to work for me.

P.S. Due to oxidation this foundation tends to run dark. If you are undecided or between shades, go with the lighter one. I am NC30-ish and bought 2.5 Creme Beige, and I think I should have gone lighter. (But even with a lighter shade, there would still be the problem of uneven coverage on my skin.)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2009 1:28:00 PM More reviews by Ladylynn34

This is the best all around foundation I've found. Medium coverage. Stays matte all day. I'm oily in the forehead/nose and dry on the chin and it evens out my complexion beautifully. Nordstroms offered $40 refills during their Anniversary sale, but otherwise, it's about $50 a compact - a compact lasts about 6 months.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2009 11:26:00 AM More reviews by patricia69

Omigod this is far the best powder foundation I've ever put on my face and I have acne prone skin. I thought Jane Iredale was the best foundation until i tried this one. It is quite expensive more than $50, but its worth every penny if your face look flawless.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE, there is no words to express how glad i bought this.
GUYS please do not hesitate to try this, worth every penny, I promise.

I LOVE YOU DOUBLE PERFECTION
PS. Im using the medium beige shade

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2009 11:41:00 AM More reviews by chloie9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

beautiful, flawless product that makes my skin look just that-beautiful and flawless. I've been a Lancome powder foundation user for years (Lancome Dual Finish) and while I've been happy with it, lately I couldn't find a very good color match and it seemed to go oily on me around midday-decided to give the Chanel product a try as I've been so pleased with all my other Chanel purchases. this is a lovely, finely milled powder foundation that does provide coverage and has a gorgeous finish. color match is actually Light Beige (3.0) even though I wear Cendre/Shell (1.5) in all their foundations....the 1.5 in the compact was too pale/ivory however. will update if I have any issues but so far I am loving this powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2009 9:27:00 AM More reviews by tm1999

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this powder makeup it covers well dosen't feel heavy or cakey on my skin. i use the soft beige 1.0 it is the perfect match for my skin. i hope they never discontinue this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2009 1:21:00 AM More reviews by kabukiKILLER

I think I use Soft Biege, which is closer to a slightly golden mid-ivory than it is to beige any day. I like this product, but I don't love it enough to spend another 50 bucks on one when I run out. The packaging is really pretty, but it makes a woman my age (22) look like a princess with a rich dad that cares about nothing but expensive things. But in truth, I only ever bought this because I heard so many great things about it from different people. I was going to choose between this compact and one by Dior, but this one had better coverage and buildability. It hasn't really elevated any of my skin problems, but I end up having to blot my skin every 4-5 hours or so, which is normal. Overall, it's pretty good for people with normal or combination skin, but I just think you can get stuff as good as this for 25-35 dollars from other brands. As for any foundation, I do not recommend you buy it before checking it out in store. =]

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2009 4:44:00 PM More reviews by star7395

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i really do like this powder foundation quite a bit. i've been wearing it for a while and the sponge applies it just fine, with good coverage. I purchased it at a chanel counter when they were all out of mat lumiere. and i actually like the compact form better than the liquid, its more convienient, slimmer, fits better in a purse, and its not as messy. the shade i wear, sepia 8.5, is a warm shade of brown that once oxidizes covers really well. Its definitely not too over powdery, as i do use it with the sponge. I find that I can touch it up all over my face throughout the day and not have to wait for it to oxidize, because the shade matches really well. the matte finish is good for my oily skin,
definitely recommend this product to oily or combination oily skin, and will repurchase again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2009 1:19:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am reviewing the new version of the Double Perfection Compact. I never tried the old one, so I don't really know what I'm missing. This powder is so finely milled!! I used to use Lancome Dual Finish, but it looked so cakey mid-day and emphasized dryness and pores. This looks so amazing when you first apply it. My skin looked so airbrushed and perfect!! And it didn't emphasize dryness. However, there is absolutely no oil control whatsoever. Plus it oxidized and became slightly darker and pinker. So unfortunately I will not be repurchasing, and have not found my HG foundation :(