December 22, 2014 | 1631 users online

Lotions/ Creams - LUSH - Lemony Flutter

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 8:47:00 PM More reviews by myloveisfreeing

I have always had problem nails they were soft and cracked easily, but now after using lemony flutter along with Essie's Grow stronger my nails are longer and healthier than they have ever been before, i am so happy with this!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by MissJenn909

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lemony Flutter cuticle butter is a thick, pastel yellow butter that smells like sherbet lemons. It almost melts onto your skin and makes your hands and cuticles feel soft and your nails feel tough. It is a very luxurious product and very effective. A very little goes a long way so even though the size may seem small, it will last for a very, very, very long time! This is a much loved product and I can see why! You won't regret this purchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Sharb40r

It does do what it says. My cuticles are truly amazing after just a couple of days. I also use it on rough patches like elbows etc and get good results as well. But the smell... Ugh, it is terrible! There is no reason for a product to smell that bad. Someone else said tar, and you know what, they might be right. It's like the smell of new tar on a super hot summers day, overwhelming...

So if you have a bad cold and can't smell, aren't sensitive to fragrance, then go ahead use this product, you will be pleased.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2012 7:31:00 PM More reviews by DameEmma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hate to rain on the parade, but this has a peculiar tar-like scent underlying the lemon that I find unpleasant. It's also quite sticky. I used it up, but wouldn't repurchase. I think that Lush is pretty bad for "greenwashing" its products--I prefer Burts Bees, which only has oils, wax, and lemon scent, this one has parabens. But my one true cuticle love is Nubar Cuticle Care oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by darlingnikki15

There are no words for how much I love this stuff. LF smells exactly like fresh lemons. I work in a pretty cuticle unfriendly environment so I need major moisture at the end of the day. This is IT I swear it is a permanent part of my purse. It starts off more solid but melts quickly from your body heat and the tiniest bit goes a long way. Soaks in really quick and is only greasy for a couple of minutes. I can see how the smell would bother some its strong, but give it a try it is definitely worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 9:00:00 AM More reviews by jootje

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is hands down the best cuticle butter I've ever tried. I totally get the hype. At first I was sceptical, why would it be so much better than all the others? Well, I don't know why, but it really is. It simply just does a much better job than anything I've tried and I've tried many, TBS, OPI, Burts Bees, Sally Hansen, pure almond oil, etc.
When I used other cuticle products I would apply them multiple times a day and I would still always have some dryness. With LF I noticed a huge improvement after using it just once and after a couple of days (of using only once a day) all the dryness was gone. I've been using it every night for months now and my cuticles have never looked better. My nails look a lot better as well.
The product itself is very fluffy. It's not an oil or a regular cream. I like how easy it is too apply because of this fluffy texture. The Burts bees balm is kind of hard to get out of the jar, you have to warm it up first. And oils are too, well, oily and slippery. This is just a nice fluffy cream. Once it's on it will feel a little oily but it sinks in faster than pure oils.
The packaging is fine. It's just a jar and it functions properly. It closes well and the product doesn't spill.
The price is right too. It's 10 euros for a whole lot of product. If you only use it on your cuticles you probably wouldn't even be able to finish it within the expiration date (1 year). I use it royally and often put it on my entire hands, not just the cuticles. I've had it for around 4 months now and I used up a little less than half of the jar. So if I keep this up I will actually just finish it up before the expiration date. I didn't think I would when I saw how much product was in there, but I love it so much that I use it religiously. 10 euros a year for amazing looking cuticles is not much imo.
So my overall conclusion is that this is a fantastic product that's well worth the price. I will definitely repurchase.
Update: finished a whole jar in 6 months & bought a replacement. HG. (:
So it's more like 20 euros a year now, but I use it on my entire hands every day. Still worth it.
Update 2: I've stopped using this for a while because I was very busy and stressed, and my cuticles looked soooo bad! After applying this again for a couple of nights in a row, they look 100x better. This product is amazing.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Flo422

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

You know what? Definately give this a try if you care about having soft and moisturized hands and cuticles. At first, I used to spread this all over my cuticles, which I found very time consuming and bothersome. After a while, I got sick of doing this so I nearly stopped using this altogether. Now, what I do is that I layer this all over my hands, nails and cuticles along with TBS hemp hand cream, which is my go-to, favourite hand cream for the winter time. Since this butter is so good for cuticles, I don't see why I'd keep myself from applying this ALL OVER, why not?! This now works like a charm for me. It's not too pricey considering the tiny amount you need to use (probably a pea-sized amount to cover both hands). I'm sure my container will last me a long time!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2012 10:29:00 AM More reviews by modegirl12

I bought this cuticle cream recently and I think it works great! It's creamy and absords well. I warm it up a little by rubbing it before applying. The only issue that I have noticed is that it dried out my skin a little around my fingertips. I might have used it too many times in one day, so now I have cut down my usage to no more than twice a day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 1:49:00 AM More reviews by dawnmarieee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have dry, peely disgusting cuticles, and after reading about Lemony Flutter for months on the internet, I finally got it as a Christmas gift. The instructions say that you can use it on dry elbows or other body parts, which explains why the tub is so huge... long story short, it lives on my night table now. People seem to think that LUSH is overpriced and I tend to agree but if you have less than perfect cuticles then this butter is definitely worth it. It smells wonderful and you can feel results instantly. Awesome product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2011 1:56:00 PM More reviews by missbliss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Pricey, yes. Long lasting. YES. So it evens out in the end. I like the scent and find it quite relaxing to massage this into my nails & cuticles. Sometimes I use it on elbows or other random dry spots. This is a simple product that does exactly what it says it will. If I ever run out, I'll buy more. Bonus true story: my fiance proposed to me right after I rubbed this into his cuticles one night.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No