Sugar

Price: $

Price: $

Sugar

on 2/27/2010 11:16:00 AM

Works excellent as both face and body scrub, so much better than the chemical exfolicants. Personally, I find the sugar I use for cooking too harsh for facial skin so a tip for Canadians : the sugar from Tim Horton's sugar packet has the perfect granule size. Not too harsh but enough to give a good scrub.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Oh sugar, how I love thee. You make my coffee sweet, my cookies delicious, my skin divine.

At any given moment on the edge of my bathtub is a sticky little bowl where my sugar was from my previous shower.

Basically I mix it into any body or face wash to turn it into a scrub. The great thing about white sugar is that you can't scrub too hard... because it will dissolve faster than you can irritate your skin with it.

My favorite thing to do is to drizzle olive oil into a cup of sugar... just until the sugar is saturated. Scrub all over in a steamy shower... absolutely fantastic.

on 2/9/2010 11:45:00 AM

A great hand and foot scrub! A combination of brown sugar, extra virgin olive oil and optional honey and/or essential oils really make a fabulous hand and foot scrub.

on 2/9/2010 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

The other night I mixed brown sugar, honey, and olive oil in a cup and took it to the shower with me, turned the water off and scrubbed everywhere. I followed up with lotion and my skin has never felt this amazing, or looked so smooth. I LOVE THIS SCRUB!

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

omg i just tried this out after reading the reviews i havent heared of using sugar as a scrub i had only heard of using salt.
i decided to use both brown and white sugar to see what it did and used warm water to wet my face then adding the sugar in circular motions on my face love it skin feels soft and smoothe!

on 1/28/2010 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have very dry skin generally from using benzoyl peroxide and aha for my acne and I need to scrub at least every other day. I tried using sugar a couple of times but find that the granules are just too big and too coarse. My skin felt irritated and slightly red afterwards but not very exfoliated at all.

on 12/27/2009 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Makes my skin feel like a baby's bottom. Most people have sugar in their house, and it is very easy to find. :P It also melts off easily with warm water so that's a plus too !

on 12/18/2009 6:54:00 PM

I have used sugar with olive oil for years now on my hands. I then follow up with lotion. This is a much cheaper alternative than other "exfoliating" products.

I love this. I bought plain regular sugar and use it once a week. It makes my skin super soft and feels great. I use my yogurt mask right after and my skin feels AMAZING. The way that I use it is by mixing it with baby oil and pat it on my face. Then I wet my finger tips and gently scrub it away. This is the third exfolitating tecnique I've tried and it works the best.

on 12/5/2009 4:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

omg. This stuff makes my skin so soft! I mix half a cup of plain white sugar, a squirt of honey and enough EVOO until it makes a crumbly paste. I massage it over my body in the shower and when I get out my skin feels sooo good. And if i'm scrubbing before going out, i'll spray some of the perfume i'll be wearing in the mixture which helps keep the scent going for the night to come. *sigh* love it.