September 22, 2014 | 1990 users online

Fragrances - Jean Paul Gaultier - Classique EDT

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2006 2:24:00 AM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Tried this today and can't get enough of it. I had this on one wrist and Allure on the other, just to check them out. The Allure was a definite "no"-- too much Chanel aldehyde, too sharp and floral with an edge-- but this is amazing!! I knew I'd like it from reading the composition (I love rose and citrus with a woody base, like chypres and florientals) but I had no idea it would be THIS long-lasting. My left wrist has just become more and more gorgeous and sexy throughout the day. While I think the middle notes (round, feminine floral) and especially the drydown (on me, delicious amber warmed with vanilla) are better than the initially strong top notes, I think the whole composition is the best I've smelt in awhile. I don't know that I agree with the "rock and roll" characterization; to me, this is classically feminine, though definitely with a sexy, passionate base-- a true floriental. When I was younger, the bottle looked shocking to me, but now it reminds me of a Frenchwoman's boudoir. I'll be purchasing this.... BF wears Le Male so yes, we will be that cheesy matching couple. I'm not surprised though.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2006 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Crystalyze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of my all-time faves. I wear it all the time. It's such a gorgeous scent!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2006 8:48:00 PM More reviews by dissed

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like it, and sometimes I wear it, but the review is for my niece. She visited just before going out with her fiance; they were celebrating the anniversary of their first date. Miss Dana tried a couple of my lipsticks, rummaged through the perfume cabinet, eyed the suggestive bottle, took one sniff and said, "Oh, yeah." She applied profusely and with great satisfaction. Her comment: "This stuff says, "Do me," and that's all it says."

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2006 9:46:00 AM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of my Top 5 fragrances, along with Coco, Narciso Rodriguez, Kenzo Flower le Parfum and Farnesiana. Although I find the rose-rich edp version quite beautiful, it is the edt, with its scrumptuous chocolate accord that captivates me. The rose is still here, but it mixes with star anise, ginger and orange so silkily and dreamily. I know I adore this because it bugs me when I smell it on anyone else. It's like I own it.

My earliest memories of this fragrance take me back to my school years. There was a raven-haired girl in the year above who lived on one of the posh estates of huge new detached houses (the kind that have massive kitchens and bowls of potpourri in the hall) and she was seeing this lad - (she was 14; he was 15, although they seemed so old to me) - my friends and I would spot them walking arm in arm around the village. She wore this with her oddball designer jumpers. He was the kind of boy to go on Stand By Me adventures. A railway track follower. The kind to carry a penknife and Rizla papers. I idolised them both. They epitomized young love back then. First love. You could have cut the air around them with a knife, such was the gravity of their relationship.

A couple of years later that boy became my first proper boyfriend - we were together for four years. I was never jealous of the girl; she represented some kind of otherness. I think, actually, we were alike - both creative, rebellious, intense types. Who knows where she is now. He is a boat builder on the coast with two dogs and a wife who does his book-keeping...

Her sister wore this too - and probably their other sister as well. Sometimes I like stealing fragrances and making them my own. It suits me just as much, although I left it more or less alone for a decade. I've grown into it. I hazard a guess that the raven-haired sisters have grown out of it. It can only ever suit a fourteen year old in a dress-up, let's pretend kind of way. It was a loud and awkward cloud, mingling with the smell of hair mousse and face powder. But truthful too - because it was Jean Paul Gaultier; maybe even their mum wore it. This was the kind of family to be impressed by a show of both money and sexuality. A doll-like, bronzed mother with a firm bust and her three Lolitas trying to emulate her.

This doesn't smell good on everyone. You have to wear it like you mean it.

It leaves the most decadent rich vanilla-amber-musk trail on the skin 24 hours later. continued >>

14 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2006 3:33:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Update at the end of this review.
Jean Paul Gaultier Classique is a fruity, flirty, rich orange blossom,
rootbeer/Dr Peppery fantasy, with a bit of old-fashioned library
paste thrown in for good measure. It's different! Reminds me a
bit of Faberge' Tigress and Lancome Poeme in feeling or impression.
Perfect for autumn, and works in other seasons too. Reminds me
also of mock orange blossoms permeating the evening air in the
spring in Calfornia coastal cities. I prefer the EDT which has orange
blossom as a leading note. This "stuff" is intoxicating, fun,
and sexy as it blends into your own skin chemistry - wow!
Orange blossom candy! The more I wear the EDT, the more I
like it. This "stuff" is soooooo goooood. (The EDP however
is a different scent that's more more amber-woody with a rich rum
topnote, and the body lotion and body cream resemble the EDP.)
Update late April 09 - I believe the EDT has been reformulated as
it's lighter in color, lighter going on, and has a different drydown
that I do not care for. I think they've killed the fragrance.
The official notes now on the JPG website are simpler than the
ones on the Sephora website. Formerly a 5 rating and a personal
favorite, now a 1, yes it's that bad.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2006 9:22:00 PM More reviews by MadameFabulina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Am I the only one who smells the men's version of Lolita Lempicka with this? I sprayed this on and immediately thought of my BF - who wears Lolita Lempicka - except with some leather thrown in. At any rate, I LOVE it! I just tried a sample of this, but yes, I would definitely buy it "again," after I buy it to begin with. =) Sex, straight up, in a bottle. Mmmmmm...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2006 10:08:00 AM More reviews by pimpernell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THE BEST!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2006 8:20:00 AM More reviews by Dzehague

My wedding day fragrance. I was having a very difficult time deciding which perfume to wear for my wedding, so I wore a different perfume every day ( I collect miniatures) and let my 'Husband To Be' chose which one he liked the best. Jean Paul Gaultier Classique was by far his favourite. He said it was womanly, romantic, and very feminine, and it was very 'me'. I purchased a 50ml bottle EDT for my wedding, limited edition, silver corset bottle, very sexy! I truly love it, and only wear it when we go out for dinner, just to keep it special, and bring back the beautiful memories of my wedding day.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2006 12:11:00 PM More reviews by EyeCatcha

Love this perfume(?) so much it's godsend for me can't live without it helps me so much beeing myself, the smell I love so much

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2006 7:40:00 PM More reviews by robotica77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wore this when it first came out years ago and now I am on the hunt to buy some again off ebay. I think this is perfect for the fall/winter. I call it the "biker babe" perfume. It's a light oriental floral mixed with a leather and tobacco smell. The bottle is very feminine (woman's hourglass) and great for collectors.