Tom's of Maine Natural Deodorant

2.5

Not tested on animals
Tom's of Maine is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/24/2010 11:13:00 PM

This deodorant made my armpits hurt really badly, and gave me a rash. It actually made my armpit skin peel clean off. What a gross mess! It's weird because I can usually use pretty much anything, but my mom and my dad are both allergic to antiperspirant and they both use (and love) Tom's.

on 4/22/2010 1:26:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This just didn't work for my body chemistry. Did not control odor at all, and tho i like the apricot scent I bought, it isn't really a good smell for the underarms, especially when mixed with body odor. Overall, pretty useless. I've had much more luck with Lafe's and Crystal natural deodorants. After trying those, I would never use this one again. Verdict: useless. :(

on 4/22/2010 12:47:00 PM

This product worked ok to control odor but it made my armpits itch like crazy. I also didn't like the sticky feeling it left behind on my skin.

on 4/22/2010 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Honestly these really are a waste of space, they didn't smell good, and heck they didn't work good. I really wanted to go for something natural, but I guess that's really isn't an option when it comes to deodorant.

I got one for my brother and one for myself when shopping, and I didn't feel like it actually did anything. Did not stop me from sweating and it did not hide the smell what so ever.

The feeling of it wasn't all that nice and quite sticky whenever I started sweating, which is quite often in Southern California. Not only that but I felt sorry for the people around me when I did sweat because honestly wearing this deodorant was basically worse than nothing at all.

on 4/22/2010 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This was my first switch to just deodorant sans anti-persirant when I made the jump about a year ago. I had the apricot one, because it smelled good. Well, that didn't last long. I felt like this deodorant amplified my stinky pits and made me sweat more - GROSS. I tried it for about 2 or 3 weeks before I tossed it out. I've since been using a Jason aloe deodorant and have had none of the issues like I did with this ToM, it must be something in the ingredients. It's not as expensive as Jason so you can give it a shot, but I'd never wear or personally recommend this to anyone!

on 4/20/2010 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

When am i ever gonna find an all natural deodorant that won't irritate my armpits. This stuff stings so bad. Not as bad as that LAVANILA stuff. My search continues =(

on 4/17/2010 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

This deodorant doesn't really work...at all. I HATE trying to wash off normal deodorant that has aluminum in it. It's impossible. Still on the search for a good, easy to use deo that doesn't have aluminum in it.

on 4/17/2010 11:37:00 AM

I don't know why everyone is saying how bad this stuff is. I like it. I have been using it for years and years. Let me begin by saying that I HATE the deodorants with aluminum in them, that is all the traditional ones. I cringe at the thought of putting that sh*t on my body and also at the thought of it absorbing into my body (Aluminum is thought to contribute to Alzheimer's and other problems).
Now, about this deodorant. It is a DEODORANT not an anti-perspirant. If you want to literally NOT sweat, you need to clog your sweat glands with aluminum. I don't sweat much anyway during my day to day activities anyway but if I do, this deodorant works to keep it from being totally ripe.
I purchase this in either Lavender or Lemongrass. I think those natural scents are much better than some gross artificial scent you would find from a mainstream deodorant.
This deodorant will not be liked by everyone, that is for sure. I think the people who use it are the ones who realize that it is what is best for their bodies. I feel good about my choice to use this and also find that it does what I want it to do. If you are a fan of natural personal products or what to try a deodorant that is aluminum-free, totally give this a try.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I recently bought the 'Sensitive - Fragrance Free' version of the this deodorant. I usually use an antiperspirant, but every once in awhile have an allergic reaction to them (even switching around different brands) so I got this to use, at the very least on days that I'll be at home and not around people.

God help me if I wore this around a person! Honestly, it seems to magnify BO like crazy. If I didn't wear any deo, I would smell better than with this stuff. It never seems to dry, so you always have that sticky armpit feeling. I know it's not designed to keep you dry - but why doesn't the product itself dry ever?

Unfortunately, this product was totally worthless for me.

on 2/19/2010 1:41:00 PM

I'm very much into the natural thing with skincare; I'm a Dr. Hauschka, Weleda, Dr. Bronner's kind of girl. Also, I have reasonable expectations from natural products.
Alright, this product causes stinging, even when I haven't shaved my armpits. Even with the lightest application, it causes thick, white crustiness that wouldn't look too flattering with a sleeveless dress I plan to wear to a friend's wedding in early spring. And finally, I don't think it offers very good odor protection and this is late winter when I'm not exactly sweating or getting overheated. So, I think I'm going to try Soap & Glory's aluminum free deodorant, which I hear promising things about. Really, really don't like the stinging with Tom's, which lasts a good while.

Top Rated Tom's of Maine Products