April 17, 2014 | 1911 users online

Deodorants - Tom's of Maine - Natural Deodorant

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2010 8:43:00 PM More reviews by birdiecat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I use the unscented, I think it works the best... The scented ones seem to just end up mixing with BO and smelling weird... This deodorant really works for me, I apply it in the morning and it lasts all day (even after the gym)!!! Works even better than conventional deodorants/antiperspirants and it's easy to find. I really don't like that it has propylene glycol in it though... That's really the only downside.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by kellywilson0

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I decided to give this a try after reading a lot about how aluminum in deodorants isn't good for you...I bought the Apricot scent, and it actually smelled quite good! Unfortunately, it did absolutely nothing to control odor or sweating. I tried it out on a day when I was working from home (in the winter; literally just sitting in front of my computer all day), and I couldn't believe how little it did...I don't usually sweat excessively, but this stuff definitely didn't work for me...I typically have very good luck with Dove's deodorant, so I'm going back to that!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2010 1:51:00 PM More reviews by poopinshmicken

I bought the apricot scent. It irritated my skin and dried it out so bad that I couldn't wear anything except lotion on my underarms for two weeks. Needless to say I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by DLux

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used this deoderant in Calendula scent for years. It's nothing exciting, but has a nice, natural smell that used to mostly keep me odor-free. However, recently I started to notice that once I put it on, it has a kind of sour smell on me. I don't know if it's the particular stick I have, but it's really turned me off. I'm switching to Weleda spray deoderant now, which seems to work well and smells wonderful, but is more expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2010 9:23:00 PM More reviews by KateFesch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love it! I was never comfortable with the concept of anti-perspirants, so I was very happy when I found this. It's refreshing, non-irritant and it smells great, too. To be honest, I do not have problems with sweat/odors, so I don't know how this would fare with sweatier skins.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2010 9:01:00 PM More reviews by jjff

Love the idea, dislike the results. Unfortunately, this deodorant simply does not work. Smelly armpits within a couple of hours of putting it on as if I hadn't used anything at all. Back to the store it goes--at $5.50, I'd like my money back.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2009 1:01:00 PM More reviews by inneroracle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This does not work for me. Very embarrassing actually. The oils or something mix with sweat to make me smell worse. Liquid Crystal with Weleda spray deodorant are my HG!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2009 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Graceful26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used to use this deodorant before I discovered Crystal. I did like enough for a more natural non anti-perspirant. I really liked the Apricot whihc has a mild pleasant smell ... problem is it didn't hold me! After about an hour I, myself, would feel uncomfortable with my lack of freshness. If, for some reason, I couldn't find Crystal or couldn't find a better one, I guess I would buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2009 4:56:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My fiance uses this, the Long Lasting Version. It smells good on him. he has been trying to get me to switch to natural deodorants because clogging pores with aluminum is not good. I tried his, this stuff is very gel stick like texture. Very soothing and smells good. It does feels icky but finally dries. It doesnt protect me from dryness, I'm self concious. I will one day fine one deodorant that works for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2009 4:03:00 AM More reviews by tojoyamoto

I won't be buying this again. The deodorant simply wasn't strong enough, and my underarms always felt sticky and wet.
It took very little for me to begin to smell-- just a 2 mile stroll with my puppy had me smelling pretty ripe. :(
I really wanted to love this product. I do like how smoothly it glides on-- it just never dries! It is clear, so it's not noticealbe if you are wearing sleeveless clothing. It has a nice, fairly strong smell-- just not enough to mask my smell, apparently. It contains no aluminum-- excellent. Tom's of Maine is cruelty free-- Yay!
I recommend this deodorant for people who sweat very, very little-- but, if that is the case, just wipe on apple cider vinegar before getting dressed. That's much cheaper and works just as well without that uncomfortable wet, sticky feeling.