October 24, 2014 | 1681 users online

Concealers - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat No 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2009 8:25:00 AM More reviews by Saffronmodel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this concealer, I use it under my eyes its amazing at covering the dark circles, its light also which means it doesnt look thick and caked on like some other undereye concealers and you cant even see that your wearing anything! I love the clicky pen applicator, the only downside is I feel it doesnt last that long and it is expensive, but its soo worth it!

XXOOXX

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2009 1:48:00 PM More reviews by katiequack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE THIS STUFF!

I'm a pale red head with the typical undereye blueness (we have thin, transparent skin, so areas with lots of blood vessels look purpley on us), and I never leave the house without concealer under my eyes (and mascara - we also have red or clear eyelashes). This stuff is spectacular at covering the bags up. It is so easy to apply, and the little brush thing lets you get the highlighter right up against your lower lash line. It conceals just enough, but also refracts the light, so it looks totally natural - not concealed with makeup. It doesn't get stuck in the fine lines ("feather," I think the word is), and stays on all day long. I've never used a product that looked as natural as this on my undereye.

I don't think it works as well on zits you need to conceal, but I adore it for my undereye area. It also works well on the uneven toned skin around my nose. I matched it to the skin on my hand, and #2 was a perfect shade.

Touche Eclat is expensive, and not that much comes in the little clicky pen thing that is its packaging. But this is one thing I'll continue to buy despite my recession-diminished budget.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 4:08:00 PM More reviews by loloness

O.k, so usually I believe that all YSL makeup prod. are like really overpriced & that we're basically paying for the shiny packaging but I really really love this! I mean I wouldnt recommend this as a sole concealer unless you dont need much concealing but as a highlighter this product is really wonderful! I always look great when I use this especially in pix.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2009 9:02:00 AM More reviews by since2009

I have heard how this works miracles for a lot of people and indeed it is very easy to use, but I have these issues with Touche Eclat in general.

1) it's very expensive if you work out how much each ml is costing you!

2) love the vaccume packaging but the brush smells BAD after a while! I ended up chucking 2 away simply because the brush smells so awful!! And I have not experience this problem with other products packaged in the same way.

3) coverage is only very light, so for those of us that has heavy dark circles, this would do nothing for you except making it look a little better than not wearing anything

Despite the light coverage, I still like using this when I don't need so much coverage, but the brush smells really awful after a while so I simply gave up on this product altogher.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2009 12:45:00 PM More reviews by vsinicrope

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to say i am very disappointed with this product. After reading so much about it i decided to spend the $42 on it. First off if you are looking to cover a plimple this WILL NOT do it. In fact i think it draws attention to whatever you are trying to conceal. The only thing it does do it brighten up the under eye area, but it does not cever the under eye circles. I am VERY sad that i spent so much money on this product. I was using a maybelline concealer before and it was 10x better. I would not purschase this again or recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2009 4:15:00 PM More reviews by modestyblaise78

I will start with what I don't like about this product: the price.
This is really expensive.
But...
I adore it - it makes the difference.
This is not a heavy concealer, and that's why I love it.
I love the texture and the color.
And I love how it looks.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2008 12:05:00 PM More reviews by MACai

This product is not an undereye concealer. Its more of a brightener/highlighter. I use Skin Food BB Cream in #2 with is moisturizing and has a pink tint on my undereye area as well as eyelids to neutralize and conceal the dark areas. THEN, I put this on the side of my nose, eyelid, and undereye and blend. It works wonderfully to brighten up the area naturally and I look much more awake. I also use it on the redness around my nose--it works well over EDM's Pink Me Up Pink concealer. Finally, I like using this to highlight my nose. Even though I have Copacabana, the shimmers in it are too obvious, so I use Touche Eclat instead and I love it! This is a great product if you know how to use it!

Its expensive, but I got this in a swap so I didn't lose anything. As for repurchasing...I'm going to see if I can find a good alternative first...but I'm hoping this lovely clicky pen of golden goodness will last me a while.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2008 9:29:00 PM More reviews by krysla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

FOUND A CHEAP VERSION!!! Loved this product but can't afford. However, after searching for a cheap substitute for YSL Touche Eclat, and trying Avon's version which went on like concrete and dried instantly, not even allowing me to spread and blend, I finally found IT! It is Lumene's Touch of Radiance Highlighter!!!! It brightens my eyes with that beautiful "light" around my eyes, does NOT settle in my fine lines (which is why I have always passed on under eye concealer), and makes me look like a young girl (I am over 40). I did not even recognize myself in the mirror! Please buy this product so that they never stop making it because I cannot afford the YSL product. If they stop making it, I'll just have to do without. It is sold at CVS drugstores but for some reason is not on the CVS website. You can, however, see it on Lumene's website.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2008 5:58:00 PM More reviews by yummytofu

Do not purchase this if your looking for a concealer. This doesnt do it.
What it does is it really 'brightens' your eyes. I use it around my eyelids , the corners of my eyes and under my eyes over my concealer. It really makes me look more awake and prettier I dont think I could live without it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 10:01:00 PM More reviews by LPomona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What a drag - I am one of the few who can't make this work. I agree w/a prior reviewer who found #2 was the right shade, but it created an unnatural paleness around my eyes, which "drew attention to the fact that I was trying to conceal something and made me look like a reverse panda." And as if that weren't bad enough, this magic pen definitely *ages* me -- YIKES! By the time I was done applying this, carefully & in small amounts, my eyes looked 10 years older & like I'd just finished a 2-hour crying jag.

I tried it on 3 separate mornings, but it never turned out well. In addition, when I used the technique of gently patting the area w/ring finger, after applying highlighter, the damn stuff just lifted off onto my finger, along with the concealer that was underneath. What a huge snafu.