Olay Regenerist Microdermabrasion and Peel Kit

4.2

Ingredients: Microdermabrasion Treatment with Derma-Crystals (Net wt 2.2oz/64g): Peg-8, Sodium Bicarbonate, Silica Silylate, Polysorbate 20, Niacinamide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbic Acid, Fragrance, Yellow 5, Red 40 Peel Activator Serum (2fl ox/59mL): Water, Sodium Lactate, Lactic Acid, Butylene Glycol, DMDM Hydantoin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Disodium EDTA 5/30/09

A bit pricey, ok a lot pricey, however it lasts forever, even using it twice a week. So maybe not to pricey in the end. I came across this on a youtube video, did some research on it, then gave it a shot. Wow, love it!

I like the friuty scent of step one, step two not such a pretty scent. I love the feeling of my skin when finished. I enjoy the feeling so much that I leave it alone, I do not add anything to my face afterward, feels to silky smooth.

I have been using it for a short while now and compliments have been passed to me.

Using it is quite easy, however with fingernails it gets under them, kind of a weird feeling, think something like a tube would be better.

Thumbs up for me and yes I will buy it again.

I am in Loooove with this product! My mother-in-law swears by it, so I decided to give it a whirl. Used it for the first time a couple nights ago and I could feel an IMMEDIATE difference. Here is the breakdown:

PRO's
Clear and noticeable difference in skin
Pleasant fragrance
relatively inexpensive compared to some other brands for a micro dermabrasion kit

CON's
none I can think of so far!!

on 6/9/2010 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this at my local Zellers on sale for $25 and used it for the 1st time tonight, I love it! I was a little taken aback by the orange color of the derma crystals (I thought to myself that maybe it had gone bad and turned such a bright orange color and that was the reason why it was on sale), however after reading some reviews I realized that this is the normal color of the crystals. I followed the steps as outlined on the box and the results are great! I usually use Biore Preservation Microderm Exfoliator when I need a good exfoliation, and I really liked that product, however I have noticed that my skin feels softer after the immediate use of the Olay product. The derma crystals feel more fine than the Biore Product, but I do like the fact that the serum has lactic acid in it. I will continue on using this product and hopefully be able to update in the future!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I have some post-pregnancy acne issues that are definitely hormonal, with clogged pores and out-of-control oil production which led to cystic acne, thick-skin and dullness.

After using a topical prescription to get a handle on the bacteria, I've been changing-up my products to deal with both my sensitive/thick skin and cystic acne. This has been a lifesaver!

It thins out my skin by helping me clear away the dead skin that clogs my pores and leaves me dull-toned. I use it maybe 3-4 times a week, and haven't had a problem with it being too strong for that. It helps with turnover and keeps my face fresh and my pores clear. It's also helped fade some post-acne red marks on my cheeks, which have been bothersome since most of my acne cleared.

All-together, I will probably purchase this again and again, or until someone releases a drug store product stronger and more effective.

on 5/26/2010 12:36:00 AM

This product is amazing!! Works great, smells good but heres my question: can you leave the peel on for 20 minutes or longer? I have bad acne scars on my back that I'd say are pretty moderate to severe and I thought I would try to leave the peel on a lot longer since it has acid in it, but I'm not sure how long is safe. Thanks if you can help me out here!

on 5/24/2010 12:52:00 AM

I've only used this stuff once, but this product made my face feel the softest and smoothest it's felt since I was a baby! I grabbed my husband and demanded he feel how smooth my face was and even he was impressed. I don't know what the long term effects will be yet, but so far I love it. It's a bit pricey for drugstore, but still cheaper than department store. I will update after using it a few more times!
Edit: So I've been using this product 1-2x a week, along with .025 retin-a each night, and my skin looks great! Pores have shrunk and texture is much improved! Sunspots have also faded

on 5/20/2010 1:03:00 PM

I've been using this for years and love it. I use it about once a month and i'm still on my original kit. My skin is so soft afterwards, and the heating action is sort of therapeutic on some level. I definitely recommend it.

on 5/11/2010 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Winter had left my skin dry, flaky and dull so I decided to give this kit a shot. I love it! After the first use, my skin was a little red and irritated, but honestly I kind of expected this. I now use it about twice a week, and my skin has never looked better. It keeps my complexion soft, smooth and glowy. I find that my makeup applies much more smoothly and looks better after I use this product. It seems like you don't get very much for the price, but it actually takes a while to use it up. I will absolutely repurchase and continue to use this.

on 4/23/2010 9:47:00 AM

This kit is very effective, quick and easy to use. I can definitely feel a big difference in my skin after using it- the microdermabrasion portion itself is a very nice, gritty scrub that really feels like it's deep cleaning my oily skin well. The "peel" part, I'm not sure exactly if it's actually doing anything for me, since it's only left on the skin for a very short amount of time, but to me, @ the $22 I paid, the kit is worth it just for the micro-d scrub alone. My personal favorite microdermabrasion system is the Avon Anew dial tube ($28), which is more gritty & has the easier to use tube packaging that you can just squirt in your hand, as where with this you have to dig the scrub out with your hands. I prefer to do this at night before bed, then applying a good moisterizer immediately after. Results are better if used at least twice a week in my experience. I highly recommend the Avon to anyone who loves good qulaity exfoliators, but this is a very nice backup you can pick up anywhere.

on 4/13/2010 8:09:00 PM

I bought this to help fade away the brown spots on my face (I golf 2-3 times a week). The spots have slightly faded, as nothing that isn't professional will work 100% on brown spots. This also buffs away the dry patches my face gets occaisionally during the winter. It makes my face feel very soft and smooth. When I first bought this back in October 2009 I used it twice a week, then once a week, and now I've graduated to once every other week. I highly recommend this to combat the occaisional dryness and help tone down those pesky brown spots.