October 22, 2014 | 1587 users online

Scrubs - Olay - Regenerist Microdermabrasion and Peel Kit

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2010 12:36:00 AM More reviews by makeupally1

This product is amazing!! Works great, smells good but heres my question: can you leave the peel on for 20 minutes or longer? I have bad acne scars on my back that I'd say are pretty moderate to severe and I thought I would try to leave the peel on a lot longer since it has acid in it, but I'm not sure how long is safe. Thanks if you can help me out here!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2010 12:52:00 AM More reviews by hannahx831

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I've only used this stuff once, but this product made my face feel the softest and smoothest it's felt since I was a baby! I grabbed my husband and demanded he feel how smooth my face was and even he was impressed. I don't know what the long term effects will be yet, but so far I love it. It's a bit pricey for drugstore, but still cheaper than department store. I will update after using it a few more times!
Edit: So I've been using this product 1-2x a week, along with .025 retin-a each night, and my skin looks great! Pores have shrunk and texture is much improved! Sunspots have also faded

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2010 1:03:00 PM More reviews by lsmiles13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for years and love it. I use it about once a month and i'm still on my original kit. My skin is so soft afterwards, and the heating action is sort of therapeutic on some level. I definitely recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by kcjhawk88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Winter had left my skin dry, flaky and dull so I decided to give this kit a shot. I love it! After the first use, my skin was a little red and irritated, but honestly I kind of expected this. I now use it about twice a week, and my skin has never looked better. It keeps my complexion soft, smooth and glowy. I find that my makeup applies much more smoothly and looks better after I use this product. It seems like you don't get very much for the price, but it actually takes a while to use it up. I will absolutely repurchase and continue to use this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2010 9:47:00 AM More reviews by rach82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This kit is very effective, quick and easy to use. I can definitely feel a big difference in my skin after using it- the microdermabrasion portion itself is a very nice, gritty scrub that really feels like it's deep cleaning my oily skin well. The "peel" part, I'm not sure exactly if it's actually doing anything for me, since it's only left on the skin for a very short amount of time, but to me, @ the $22 I paid, the kit is worth it just for the micro-d scrub alone. My personal favorite microdermabrasion system is the Avon Anew dial tube ($28), which is more gritty & has the easier to use tube packaging that you can just squirt in your hand, as where with this you have to dig the scrub out with your hands. I prefer to do this at night before bed, then applying a good moisterizer immediately after. Results are better if used at least twice a week in my experience. I highly recommend the Avon to anyone who loves good qulaity exfoliators, but this is a very nice backup you can pick up anywhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2010 8:09:00 PM More reviews by lmaliski

I bought this to help fade away the brown spots on my face (I golf 2-3 times a week). The spots have slightly faded, as nothing that isn't professional will work 100% on brown spots. This also buffs away the dry patches my face gets occaisionally during the winter. It makes my face feel very soft and smooth. When I first bought this back in October 2009 I used it twice a week, then once a week, and now I've graduated to once every other week. I highly recommend this to combat the occaisional dryness and help tone down those pesky brown spots.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by yeahokay

It's an awesome exfoliator. I have an oily, mildly acne-cursed face and I have to be really careful with products I use or my skin will go crazy.

What I like about this product is that it's a quick-fix. I use it every once in a while now, to demolish as many blackheads as possible at one time and remove dull, dry spots. Immediately after using, and for a couple of days after my face feels incredibly smooth and toned. Foundation goes on better. It also doesn't seem to break my face out at all.

Problem is, that even when using this product as directed for a few weeks in the beginning, the effects don't last long. Also, my over-all complexion hasn't changed at all and it hasn't helped a thing that I worry about with my skin such as; large pores, pimples, scars, premature (light) wrinkles, pigmentation. It hasn't helped any of that which is disappointing. I still gave it a higher rating because of how good of an exfoliator it is, though.

I gave it a 5 for price because I mostly shop for beauty products at the drugstore, and this is on the higher end of price as far as that goes, especially for a product that doesn't do as much as it claims. Although even though the containers are small, it does last a good while if you don't use more than you really need.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2010 6:44:00 AM More reviews by Welshcake

I bought this based on a rec from Joey Emma. (THANKS JE!). I've been using this for three weeks now, and I love it. I use it twice a week- and will continue to do so as long as it exists!! The first step- you rub in the delicious smelling beads for around a minute, and follow up with step two, which is the peel mask, and rub this over the beads, again buffing for around a minute. My skin looked a million times better after my first use. I found my skin was looking pretty tired and dull, and this most deifinitely perks it up. My whole complexion looks brighter and my skin has not had a real spot since I have used it.

Ok- it is pricey- but use it correctly and it should last you a while- and for what it does for my skin- I won't hesitate to repurchase this. My skin is soft and glowing- and I know it is with the help of this!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2010 11:00:00 PM More reviews by Bianca910318

Once again I am the odd one out. This is a nice 2 step scrub. The first step, the orange crystals smell delicious and are really fine for good exfoliation. I also enjoy the warm sensation i get when i apply them both. The thing is however, this in my opinion is nothing more than a "fancy" scrub. Yes your skin feels soft and smooth but just as it would with any other scrub. I personally exfoliate and use scrubs on a regular basis and don't notice a difference in my skin when i use this and when i use the others. Simply because of that i would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2010 6:39:00 PM More reviews by sholden

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this product based on all the great reviews. I'm a no-fuss type of gal so the 2-step process is a bit time consuming. However, I love the results. My normal routine is Regenerist daily regenerating cleanser in the evening and Regenerist cleansing cloths in the morning. I usually use it the microdermabrasion once a week. I recently purchased the Regenerist thermal skin polisher thinking it would replace the 2-step process. Wrong. My face feels clean and glowing after I use the microdermabrasion. So, even though it is a bit time consuming, I will re-purchase.
EDIT: Although I don't use this product as often as I should, I love the way my face feels afterwards. I'm almost out so I will definitely reorder.