November 25, 2014 | 1781 users online

Lotions/ Creams - EXTRA VIRGIN Coconut Oil (All brands)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by DianeM57

Great product

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Sam3215

I use this as:

-lip balm
-hair serum
-face moisturizer
-coffee creamer
-mouth wash (google oil cleansing method)
-body lotion
-cuticle cream

Its my holy grail

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by cleotokos

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This was absolutely horrid for me!! I put it on my hair, it made my hair coarse and frizzy. I put it on my face, it was greasy and I ended up with some weird white bumps (kinda look like whiteheads, but they're hard) that haven't gone away yet a month later. I rubbed it all over my body and it just made me greasy. I tried mixing it with my moisturizer and rubbing it on my body, that was meh. Still a little greasy. I don't know how or why people are raving about this product. I did buy a good organic, cold pressed oil, Nutiva. The only use I have found for it is as an eyelash conditioner, I apply this nightly to the eyelashes and in the morning my mascara slides on like a dream. Definitely WILL NOT repurchase.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by FelisCatus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It works wonders from head to toes.I love it during winter as a body and hair moisturiser,during summer I mix it with sunscreen oil,after depilation it calms the skin and reduces redness,I love applying it on cotton pads and place them on my eyes (it nourishes lashes that are everyday covered in mascara)...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by lrachel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Skin (body) - Love it for skin, though oddly it only works well on my legs. This has replaced anything I've ever used previously on my very sensitive, dry legs. The tub lasts FOREVER (I have Nature's Way brand). If I use too much, it doesn't sink in well, but I've learned how much is perfect and it really is just that......perfect (I use about a quarter sized amount, total, for both legs).

Hair - the jury is still out on this. When I've used it alone (put it on before bed, shampoo out in the morning) it seems to make my hair feel drier. I'm guessing this is due to the protein (my hair is not a fan of protein treatments). However, this past week I mixed a few drops of avocado oil in with some coconut, let it sit for about 20 minutes, then washed as normal and that seems to work well (though I used too much). That was on Monday and today is Friday and my hair shows no signs of needing to be oiled again (and my hair is heavily highlighted, so tends to be dry).

Makeup remover - it will remove eye makeup, but it's not my first choice.

Feet - this is a GREAT moisturizer for feet, especially after I pumice. Love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2013 12:26:00 PM More reviews by madscientist01

This was horrible as a facial moisturizer! I tried this after watching youtubers suggest it. Big mistake. This does smell nice, which is a bonus. However, it just sits on the surface of your skin, doesn't ever absorb, and isn't actually moisturizing at all! The worst part is it broke me out.....it's actually quite comedogenic. :(

7 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2013 3:03:00 AM More reviews by ooohdiamonds

I began using coconut oil because I want to try eliminate as many chemicals from my beauty products if I can help it. So I decided to opt for a natural moisturiser for my feet, hands and body. I have been applying it directly after a shower, wearing cotton gloves and cotton socks, then going to sleep.
My hands and feet feel smooth, but there is still some visible scaling on my hands and fingers. I almost feel like it is not penetrating my skin!! I also read somewhere that coconut oil can be stripping- hence it is an ingredient in many types of soap. I really want this to work, so I will mix it with some extra virgin olive oil, wait out and continue using it for another couple of months or so and see if it makes an improvement to the dry, scaly nature of my hands this winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 1:12:00 AM More reviews by giannamoggs

A MUST FOR EVERY WOMAN OUT THERE!!! If you struggle with dry skin, split ends, slow hair growth, crazy eye lashes or even dietary needs, then this is for you. Pure, unrefined, cold pressed coconut oil (extra virgin) is considered an all natural moisturizer that is safe for your skin, hair, and tummy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Reemyn

Miracle product. I'll be buying this forever.

I use this to cleanse my face, see more under the oil cleansing method!

But my new favorite is: hair mask/treatment. I experimented with coconut oil before, but I didn't like it, I couldn't wash it properly, my hair still looked oily afterwards.

But a few months back, after getting back from a work trip I jumped into the shower, and washed my hair. My hair felt really dry, so I decided to put on some coconut oil. It was really hot that day so I skipped blow drying, and for my surprise the oil sinked in very well. Sure I had to wash it again the next day, and after blow drying my hair felt sooo goood. Unusually good. Nice, full, shiny. It looked like I had $300 blow dryer (and I don't).

So I'm doing this now at night once a week: wet my hair, put on coconut oil (I use extra virgin, unrefined coconut oil btw) sleep, wake up, wash my hair and voila. No coconut oil residue, nor oily feeling jut good hair.

Sure sometimes I didn't have the time, but my hair still felt good. So now I'm a believer that this stuff moisturizes and conditions your hair deeply.

One more thing: thanks to coconut oil dandruff is gone!

What else? Get this miracle worker now maybe?

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

There are things I like Extra virgin coconut oil for, & things I don't. I originally bought this to use on my hair. I've been using it for a while (correctly as reccommended) & it leaves my hair shiny....but doesn't do much else. After a couple of uses, this also builds up in your hair like crazy. So, a good clarifying shampoo is VITAL or else your hair will be an oily greaseball until you clarify. As far as moisturizing goes, this honestly didn't really moisturize my hair...it just covered my hair in oil. Once the oil was washed out, no moisturizing effect was left behind. It actually (slightly) made my hair drier. From reading some of the other reviews, I am not the only person who had this same effect. I researched before buying this, & I bought the right type of coconut oil (suggested brand most people say to use), correctly applied it, & left it on for the correct amount of time.

This absoloutley has a strong ability to clog pores, so I would not reccommend people with sensitive skin/acne prone to use this on or near their face. If in question, do a small patch test prior. I DO like the way this tastes as a butter alternative, & I will use the rest of my jar for cooking purposes. As for hair & skin purposes go, I think I'll just stick to what I was previously doing for my whole life...it has always worked for me. I have used this to shave before, & it does do a good job at moisturizing skin...but the consistency is too thick for my razor. Regular lotion I use to shave with works just as well.