December 22, 2014 | 1616 users online

Lip Gloss - Burt's Bees - Burts Bees Lip Shimmers

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by popochoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

**UPDATE Nov. 2011** Did the formula change? It doesn't have that same buttery texture, and it doesn't moisturize as well. ** This is my holy grail of MLBB lip balms. I am a PPP with dark eyes and dark hair, and I use Rhubarb or Fig. The formula is amazing - I've applied it on my lips when they were chapped and disgusting and within minutes, the moisturizers smooth things out dramatically. I also reapply during the day; it never gets cakey like other lip balms. Also, the color doesn't streak or look uneven. The minty taste is very pleasant and the tingle is very mild.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2011 3:35:00 AM More reviews by entreprentice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

These are okay. I felt that the shimmer combined with this chapstick made it a little chunky and there were not a lot of flattering colors. It is also not very moisturizing.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2011 3:05:00 AM More reviews by Foveolata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The colors are nice and the minty aroma is good. I'm fond of the natural ingredients, and the slim little tube is cute. The only real drawback is they don't last on the lips at all. Like GONE in 20 minutes. I'll probably repurchase, but the short wear time is knocking these down to 3 lippies for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2011 7:52:00 PM More reviews by nhwhazup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have a love/hate relationship with Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers. I've tried quite a few and if you get the right color they can be great. My favorites are Peony which is a sheer pinky nude and Watermelon which is a natural color running a little more on the pinky mauve side. I also like Rhubarb which has similar coloring to Watermelon but a bit stronger. I've tried some other colors that I returned as they were just way too bright. I prefer a more natural MLBB coloring with all my lipsticks and especially with a tinted balm. I like the minty taste and feel. I also feel they have reasonable staying power especially for a balm. My favorite non-balm lipsticks are GA which are very natural looking and have a wonderful feel and also don't dry out the lips. As wonderful as the high end GA lipsticks are, these BB Lip Shimmers actually have better staying power. They definitely keep my lips moisturized.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by coldshoulders

Has a lovely taste and looks great on me. Nice

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2011 8:30:00 AM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I remember wanting to try this for ages, but could never justify the price enough to buy it until I saw it at a reduced price in T.K.Maxx. And now I can safely say this product isn't worth buying. Its feels the same as the regular Beeswax lip balm but gives a very pale washed out shiny shimmer to my lips (I bought the Champagne one) that doesn't really flatter or compliment my NC15-fair blonde looks.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2010 1:40:00 AM More reviews by iamdancer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I've tried it in Caramel, Raisin, and Watermelon. They give subtle color and tint your lips, which I like because I am in high school and don't really like to wear anything too heavy on my lips. With this product, I don't need to carry around a lip balm because it is so moisturizing and I don't need to carry around a lip gloss or stain to have a little color. All I need is this :) One thing that I noticed with the Caramel lip shimmer though is that the texture of it is a little grittier than the other two, but I think that is because Watermelon and Raisin provide solid color, while Caramel is much more shimmery. This is a slight annoyance for me and I've gotten used to it, but some people might find it a problem.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2010 3:12:00 AM More reviews by colfaxt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

generic packaging, but product is nice. reminds me of the herbal ones from the local co-op as a child. Hippie like item, has a nice moisturizing sheen and color is nice in watermelon. Tried other colors that were darker and they left an uneven shading.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2010 2:16:00 AM More reviews by Paulabt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For the price these are great for your lips. They are easy to apply; as easy as chapstick and you don't have to worry about being as accurate as you have to be with lipstick. These are great for a little colour for a casual look during the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2010 10:56:00 AM More reviews by ais

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

First of all, the watermelon colour is amazing on fair skin! It also feels as if it brightens your teeth colour. This also moisturizes and feels SO good on your lips! Loving the cool feeling when you put it on, I'm now addicted to it.