December 18, 2014 | 1089 users online

Treatments (Face) - Avon - Anew Alternative Intensive Age Treatment [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2006 3:54:00 PM More reviews by SOAKENUPDASUN

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I first used the small sample of this product and was very impressed, so I swapped for it on mua. This stuff made my under eye bags go away and made my forehead which has lines in it from tanning dissappear. I could feel the tightning effect!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2006 3:48:00 PM More reviews by pcchefgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

All I can say is wow! I have been using both the new SPF25 daycream and the night cream for a couple days (I bought them together on ebay for a total of $30, plus you get a cute little clutch purse, too:)!!) and I have noticed a big change. Not only that, but others have, too. Today alone both my mother and the checkout girl at the grocery store commmented on how nice my skin looked - I am 41 and it has been a long time since complete strangers complimented my on my skin:)! The day cream goes on very well, and has a slight luminescent tone to it, so you look radiant in all light. I have a tendency to still get blemishes, even at my advanced age!, and so far this has not caused any further outbreaks. The night cream has glycolic acid and does a good job of moisturizing without clogging my pores. I actually really like the look of both of these products and am keeping them out on my bathroom vanity. All in all, two terrific products. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2006 10:34:00 AM More reviews by blnguyenthi1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the new Avon Anew Alternative with SPF 25. I absolutely love this product. I have really oily skin. This product melts into my skin. I am not oily at all. The SPF 25 is wonderful. My skin is creamy and even now. The laugh lines are disappearing. I hope that Avon will not discontinue this product.
The price is $32. It is not cheap. It is all worth it. I have tried other expensive products in the past. Nothing worked like this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2006 11:56:00 AM More reviews by pokeyjomo

I've been using this for several months now and I LOVE IT! I noticed results right away. The more I use it, the better my skin looks. Forehead lines are nearly GONE! Blotchy skin-GONE! Sun spots-almost GONE! I can definitely tell a difference on those nights when I don't use it. I don't dislike the smell and the slight tingly sensation when applied feels good to me. Makes me feel like it's working. I love Avon products and this is my new fave. I just ordered the Alternative Day cream and can't wait to try that too.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2006 8:47:00 AM More reviews by blnguyenthi1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I only gave this 4 stars, because it doesn't have SPF. The new version has an SPF of 25. I have this sunspot on my face that doesn't seem to go away. I have tried everything from inexpensive to expensive creams. Nothing works. I got this as a free gift. After using it for a week, my sunspot started to fade. I love it. The only problem that I have is that it caused me to have a little dry spot. I will buy the new SPF 25 version of it. I have tried Anew Clinical. My laugh lines are fading. This is my new line of skincare.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2006 9:43:00 PM More reviews by countrygyrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My mother sells Avon so I recieved a free mini jar of this and I love it. I only use it at night and even though I have oily skin it does not make me oiler or cause breakouts. It evens out my skin tone and leaves my skin soft, supple and smooth. I ran out about a month ago and I am really noticing a negative difference in my skin from not using this and I have not changed anything else in my routine and I went back to my previous moiturizer that I like. I have what I would call sensitive skin and had no adverse reaction to this product . The color may not be pleasing- its kinda brown and the scent is kinda of floral/earthy but I think its great stuff- wish it wasn't so darn expensive $32 or $36!

Now, I do not know all of the ingredients but I can tell you it has ALOT of plant extracts. For those of you who are highly allergic or sensitive to certain plants READ THE INGREDIENTS FIRST! THIS CREAM COULD BE VERY PROBLEMATIC FOR SOME ( but that goes for all products including shampoos! that contain alot of plant extracts)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2006 11:38:00 PM More reviews by haileysheets

I am very surprised by all of the negative reviews of this product. I am only 25 and do not have lines yet, but I thought it would be a great preventative. After using this almost everyday for two months, I have seen two very positive changes in my skin. The first is that my skin tone has improved dramatically. Before I had red blotchiness and darker discoloration spots in places. Now my skin looks so smooth even. I also have acne-prone skin, and I swear this product has actually improved my acne breakouts. It has also helped fade some of my pink acne scars. I have no idea why this type of product would help with breakouts, but I am not going to complain! I also read on some reviews that some women experienced burning, tingling, or peeling with this product. I have not experienced any of them, although I do not have sensitive skin. This is a product I am going to keep on buying.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2005 2:25:00 PM More reviews by MataHariKiri

The ads look good but the premise is vague. This product did not deliver any noticeable results of any kind. I find the smell tolerable but the color and consistency of this 'treatment' is awful. Will not be repurchasing. I couldn't make it through the jar as it just seemed like a waste of time and added yet another step to a nightime skin care routine. I attempted using it during the day but it is impossible to apply foundation over without those annoying 'pills' rolling up on your chin and cheeks. This goes into the great big basket of things unsuitable for my face and relegated to use on hands, legs and other body parts.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2005 10:20:00 AM More reviews by SarahMcD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I really love Avon Anew Clinical Line and Wrinkle, so I was hoping for an even better version of that. Boy was I wrong. I should have done what my mom did and get the mini sample jar first, but I didn't. Instead, I bought the full size and have faithfully applied this to my forehead, which is where my lines are, every night for a month. Although this is a thicker cream than many, it is not moisturizing and has dried out my forehead, which only makes my lines look worse. Additionally, it makes my skin a little red and sensitive. To top it off, the smell, which is hard to describe as it is neither floral nor fruity, but also not really medicinal, is really gross. I could forgive the smell (and the nasty brown color of the creme) if it delivered, but I'm worse off than I was when I started. I think I paid $36 for this, which is far too much for something this bad. I won't repurchase and I won't use up the significant amount still left in my jar.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2005 6:01:00 AM More reviews by NETYKA

LET ME TELL YOU HOW EVERYTHING STARTED,, I WHEN ON A TRIP TO SEE MY MOTHER AFTER 3 YEARS, WHEN I SAW HER I WAS AMAZE HOW HER FACE LOOK ,, SO RADIANT AND HER FACIAL LINES WAS ALMOST GONE. I WAS IMPRESS.
I ASK MY MOTHER WHAT ARE YOU USING THAT YOU LOOK MUCH YOUNGER THAN 3 YEARS AGO, SHE REPLY, ANEW ALTERNATIVE AND ANEW CLINICAL DEEP CREASE.
SO I TOLD HER I WAS GOING TO USE THE SAME THING WHEN I CAME BACK HOME CUASE I WAS REALLY AMAZE HER FACE LOOKS.
AFTER I CAME BACK I ORDER THE DEEP CREASE FIRST, USE IT FOR 2 WEEKS EVERYTHING WAS GOING GOOD, THEN 2 WEEKS AFTER I USE THE ANEW INETNSIVE REGIMEN,
THE FISRT NIGHT I LOVE IT MY FACE LOOK RADIANT & SOFTER. I KEEPT USING THE PRODUCT FOR 8 STRAIGHT NIGHT, GUEES WHAT?? THE 9 DAY I BROKE OUT WITH A RASH MY FACE GOT VERY SWOLLEN, I HAD RED BLOTCHES ALL OVER MY FACE, IT WAS VERY ITCHY,LIKE BEE STUNGS ALL OVER SO I CALL MY DOCTOR HE GAVE ME BENADRYL, NOTHING HAPPEN MY FACE WAS GETTING WORST, I WHENT TO SE MY DR AGAIN HE PUT ME ON A VERY STRONG MEDICATION CORTICOSTEROIDE HORMONE THATS HOW BAD IT WAS MY FACE.
TODAY IS MY 5 DAY AND STILL GOT THE RASH LOT LESS , BUT MY FACE LOOKS BAD.
SWOLEN GOT REDUCE ALOT BUT STILL WITH RED BLOTCHES I HOPE THEY REALLY GO AWAY.
PLEASE JUST BE VERY CAREFULL WHAT YOU BUY , EVEN IF YOU DONT HAVE SENSITIVE SKIN, I DIDNT AND LOOK WHAT HAPPEND.