Lancome L -extreme Mascara

3.7

AQUA / WATER / EAU, PARAFFIN, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX / CIRE DABEILLE, ACACIA SENEGAL / ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, STEARIC ACID, COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA / CARNAUBA WAX / CIRE DE CARNAUBA, PALMITIC ACID, TRIETHANOLAMINE, TALC, PTFE, PEG-40 STEARATE, SIMETHICONE, SODIUM POLYMETHACRYLATE, MYRISTIC ACID, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANEDIOL, RAYON, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, HYDROXYPROPYL CHITOSAN, PANTHENOL, SYNTHETIC BEESWAX, POLYQUATERNIUM-10, ACRYLATES/VP COPOLYMER, BHT, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, [+/- MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA]

on 9/29/2008 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Rec'd as GWP. Usually love Lancome trial size mascaras, but not this one. Clumps a little too easily and also SMEARS. Also, the tube says it is a lengthening mascara but I really don't see it. Better one for lengthening is the Fiberwig, I think.

on 9/25/2008 8:28:00 PM

waterproof version: his lengthens and holds a curl beautifully! it also makes ur lashes hard and crunchy =[

when they say waterproof they mean it! also when i try wiggling it into my roots it clumps and it also clumps on my bottom lashes. i think the 4mula mite be a bit too watery.

on 9/12/2008 7:15:00 PM

I got this in the waterproof version. Nothing spectacular, I couldn't see any lengthening (I've seen some added length from cheap mascara that didn't even advertise lengthening). Now to the unbearable part. This is beyond waterproof. It took four passes with eye makeup remover (for waterproof) and I lost so many eyelashes my husband even noticed when I put mascara on the next day "why are there holes in your eyelashes?". I've used waterproof mascara for years and never had anything cement to my eyelashes like this stuff. Maybe the non-waterproof version is better, but I think I'll pass.

on 9/12/2008 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Unfortunatley I have to give this Mascara a 2...simply because the formula clumps quite a bit after applying one coat, to me this is odd because it is a lengthening product...hmmm. It didn't really make my lashes craazy long by any means even after 2-3 coats.

I would have given this 1 lippie but the color of the blk is very glossy and rich which I like. I don't recommend this...unfortunatley.

on 9/6/2008 6:33:00 AM

I would buy this product again, but after experimenting around with some drugstore brands I noticed Lancome's mascaras dry out a lot faster... or maybe there isn't that much in the tube to begin with. However I am in LOVE with this mascara brush. I don't know if this is a good thing or not, but when I finished my last tube, I washed the brush and use it with my other cheap mascara. (Wash it every time.)

on 9/3/2008 2:28:00 PM

I just think this stuff is gorgeous. This was the first expensive mascara I bought and it's the one I'm going to stick to. I've since tried other expensive and not so expensive options (from Too Faced to Maybelline) but this is by far the best one.

It separates lashes nicely and lasts well all day. The eggplant shade I have I must have bought in Paris, as it dosn't seem to be available in Sephora in the US, which is a shame. I need a refill though so might have to consider another colour.

A big thumbs up frome me. Well worth the $24 (ouch!)

on 8/28/2008 4:18:00 PM

Love this product, really separate my eyelash and making them look longer.. suggest to use it with hypnose lancome mascara.. the only one i ever use that really does SEPARATE my eyelash without clump

I'm enjoying this mascara at the moment, although it's been a bit overshadowed by my acquiring Estee Lauder Sumptuous days later. This is a really lovely lengethening mascara that also provides ample definition. It's curl holding ability is pretty average, I also tried curling and then using Shiseido mascara base before applying this but it didn't do much for me unfortunately. This also tends to go a bit clumpy with the mascara base, unless I'm doing something wrong? It looks very nice without the base at any rate, and while I think I'll purchase Sumptuous or DiorShow next time, this would definitely make it onto my top mascara list.

on 8/26/2008 4:53:00 PM

Hello everyone, this is my first review on MUA so please forgive me if I forget something!

Ok, for starters, I have been a Lancome mascara lover and user for years. It seems to be the only mascara brand that actually conditions my lashes as I wear it (and boy do I wear a lot of it), and I believe actually makes them longer as a result of them being healthier. Neither of my parents have super long lashes, so I definitely didn't get mine from genes! I also love that their mascaras come right off with soap and water (I can't remember the last time I even bought mascara remover) and after I remove my mascara I am never left holding any precious eyelashes in my hands.

I used Definicils for years but recently (2 weeks ago) decided to try their Le'Extreme. Let me tell you ladies, you pair this mascara with a Shu Uemura eyelash curler, and people everywhere will be complimenting your gorgeously long and curled eyelashes and some people will even be asking if yours are real! This mascara holds a curl beautifully (something that is a MUST for me considering that I curl my lashes daily) and your curl lasts ALL DAY and doesn't smudge or flake one bit. What this mascara does for length and separation is astonishing. Some people have said that they can't get a dramatic look with this mascara, but I disagree- the formula is very build-able and the brush is fantastic and gives you NO CLUMPS! I usually wear about 5 coats of this mascara daily and it gives me the look I want with minimal work. Some other mascaras I've tried you have to work and work and work with, and who has time for that?

The packaging is simple and sleek and the tube top is actually curved which I find makes it much easier to hold and have a good grip on when I apply. Call me a handy-tard but I tried the giant orange tube LashBlast and kept dropping the thing cause it was so fat and slippery!

This mascara does do a little for volume which is fine with me- I'm into the long and perfectly separated look, and don't like my lashes to look like just a straight wall of lashes- plus I find that clumping occurs with the thickening mascaras. Thanks to this mascara, my lashes reach proportions to where they almost touch my eyebrows. It also leaves my lashes very soft, which I think might have something to do with the conditioners in the mascara. Everyone has always complemented my eyelashes for their length and can't believe they are real, but I always tell them "honey, it's all about having a good eyelash curler and good mascara". I should buy stock in Lancome considering that I have sent so many people their way!

The price is a little high, but what I find is that it also lasts a lot longer than any drug store brand mascaras. I went through a no-money patch a few months ago and bought Lash Blast as a replacement and found that I needed another tube after only a month- and I noticed my poor lashes felt much harder than they do with Lancome, and fell out when I washed it off! BOOO!!!

Ladies, run, don't walk, to your closest Lancome counter and pick this up now- you won't be disappointed! And don't forget your Shu Uemura eyelash curler :)

***EDIT 9/24/08- I have seen a lot of people saying that this mascara dries out quickly- if yours does become dry (you can do this with any mascara) just pull out the brush and add a couple drops of Visine. This helps to make the mascara wet, and won't hurt your eyes or your mascara***

on 8/21/2008 3:47:00 PM

I love Lancome mascara and had always used Definicils.
After trying L'Extreme this has now become my mascara of choice.
I do however prefer the mini tubes with the smaller wand as they are
easier to get to all my lashes with little effort.
Best mascara yet in my opinion.