April 19, 2014 | 1037 users online

Fragrances - Hanae Mori - Butterfly EDP

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2007 10:37:00 PM More reviews by EM_Calypso

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I found Hanae Mori for a steal on EBay, and its fragrance notes caught my attention. At first sniff, something instantly took me back to adolescence. It has gnawed at me every time I smell this fragrance! Then just now it hit me! I know some people will flip when they read this, but this so reminds me of Vanilla Fields! I used to wear it when I was in eighth grade! All I need to do now is find a bottle of the Coty fragrance to sniff so I can confirm this. Yes, definitely a strong resemblance there... at least to me. I wish I knew if I liked this or not. Every time I try to get rid of it, something keeps me from doing so. I'll put it on, and on the whole it's nice, but when I spray it, there's a synthetic something about it that I can't seem to get past. It does get better the longer I wear it, though. From the reviews here, people seem to prefer the EDT, so perhaps I should try that. Anyway, I'm glad I finally figured out what this reminds me of. Maybe I keep it around for sentamental reasons.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2007 12:47:00 AM More reviews by aebernero23

I love this scent. It is so beautiful. It's sweet and warm and unique. Unlike any other vanilla noted perfume I have smelled. It's like vanilla for grown-ups. It will stay in my fragrance collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2007 10:41:00 PM More reviews by pinkhijinx

This is the first time I smelled a fragrance that I had to have - I just never smell any that I absolutely love. I walked up the the SA and when she asked me what I wanted I said 'not floral' so she handed this over and I bought it within 2 minutes. Initial scent is vanilla mixed with raspberry and blackberry. The dry down is more caramel vanilla, less berry on me. I think this will be my go-to scent for a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2006 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Muartsy

Mmm smooth, mellow, caramelly vanilla...but thanks to the other notes it isn't too sweet on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2006 1:12:00 PM More reviews by joodles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore gourmand and soft floral scents; Hanae Mori Butterfly encompasses both of my loves. What prevents this from being a teenage girly fragrance is the fact that itís not overly sweet and is complex. Unfortunately, this doesnít work well with my body chemistry. Instead of the wonderful sweet notes, this dries down into a stale, musky scent after a few hours. It smells fine if I spray it in my hair or on my clothes, as long as the perfume doesnít come in contact with my skin. One spray goes a long way, it usually lasts over 9 hours but even after 13 hours I could detect a slight lingering scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2006 9:56:00 PM More reviews by topnotch_babydoll

This is a very classy,yet sweet fragrance.This is probably my favorite.It has Notes of sandalwood, bilberries, ylang ylang, currant and jasmine.Smells like sweet vanilla,with almond,but not over the top.It is pricey,so if I did get it again,it would be on ebay.This is perfect for everyday use.Im not a big fan of floral scents,but you cant really detect that in this perfume.This ranks on my top 5 list.I cant wait to get the butterly one!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2006 2:15:00 PM More reviews by satinsheets

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Strawberries and almonds and maybe some baked cookies as well. I think the EDP would be too over the top for me, so I'm happy with the EDT. This is a feminine and playful scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2006 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Jenevieve

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the EDP. The EDT smells off to me and the Parfum is too strong. I wear this every day and don't bother to test other fragrances at all. I love that this scent is a bit sweet and it just smells "warm" to me without being at all masculine. I get complimented on this frgrance all the time. Men and women walk up to me and tell me how great I smell. I just don't smell like "Me" without it. It is a strong scent, so I spray very lightly and walk into it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2006 9:25:00 AM More reviews by DommeDiva

Not too strong, not too vulgar...not too sweet, just right. That's how I describe this fragrance. It's out of the ordinary because it's not one of those over advertised fragrances so most women don't have this one. I have two sample vials of this stuff and Im just starting to use them, not sure if this would be one of my favorites but it's nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2006 2:03:00 AM More reviews by VibrantO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My all time favorite fragrance of all time hands down. Men love this. Women (at least the ones I know) never know what it is hahaha which is what I like. I always look for a fairly unique fragrance that is sexy and this is it. Not too many women have this one. It is quite pricey but worth repurchasing because it is top notch quality and makes me smell irresistable!