September 19, 2014 | 1599 users online

Bronzers - Tarte - Park Avenue Princess

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2010 6:41:00 PM More reviews by loriyu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure about the price bc I have a sample of it, but WOW is this stuff pigmented. So pigmented that I can't use a brush with it or I'll have a huge brown spot on my face that's hard to blend. I use this with my finger to contour. I don't love the glitter in it, but the color is pretty fantastic. I don't use this everyday bc of the glitter and would rather contour with something that's matte, but i do like this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2009 1:40:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good bronzer that is golden brown with lots of gold spackles. Most bronzers are orange, I'm happy to say this is not. The texture is velvety which I love about Tarte powders, eyeshadows, and this bronzer. Good stuff, but very natural looking on me because I already have medium skintone, its brings a natural glow back to my skin after I apply foundation which can be too mattifying.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2009 9:26:00 AM More reviews by pvb_golfgal

Love, Love, LOVE this stuff! A bit on the pricey side, but gives me such a wonderful, natural glow that it is a def. an HG for me. Have used it for nearly 3 years now and won't leave the house without it... in fact, one day I ran out and when I got to work, everyone kept asking if I felt OK because I didn't have my usual "glow" about me. Needless to say, I stopped at Sephora to restock on my way home :-) I am very fair-skinned with light hair, so I usually end up looking orange or fake when using bronzers/fake tanners, but not with this product. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2009 1:06:00 AM More reviews by roselovesmakeup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got Park Avenue Princess today, Im so glad I did,when I tried it on at Sephora, you know the lighting in there isnt the best for color of anything you try and it was at night so I had high hopes since I did pay a preetypenny for it, ok so far so good, this bronzer delivers a great glow to my olive skin, I hear its metallic but havent noticed it on me yet, it does feel smooth and luxurious on my skin too! I will try to use it as a contour and see how that work and let you know, will update soon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 4:56:00 PM More reviews by murphy817

Currently, this is the only bronzer in my mu bag. I actually got this in a Tarte natural beauty collection. Mine is the smaller version to the original but it has lasted me at least 3 months and now I just hit pan. For some reason, many bronzers look off on me. They are either too muddy or red or shimmery. I don't like tons of gold in my bronzers and this Tarte bronzer doesn't have that effect which I love. Also, this bronzer doesn't break me out and I do wear it daily. I don't know why I go out and stray on my Tarte P Ave .P Bronzer I guess I try to find a cheaper dupe. But, for now, I will continue to splurge on this. One tiny flaw w/ this bronzer is the packaging. I think it's somewhat tacky but oh well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2009 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Demeter2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got a deluxe sample of this from Sephora and I absolutely love it. I had it in my vanity for sometime and recently started using it because of the summer months ahead and it's the perfect shade for me, and I love the packaging as well. So cute, I would love another as I am now almost out :-D

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2009 11:54:00 AM More reviews by WVUjame

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I started out with NARS Laguna, which caused a horrible allergic reaction, so I swapped it for Park Avenue Princess. I've worn it nearly every day since. No allergic reactions, and it gives me a much more natural glow. I've only recently started wearing bronzer, but I think I've found my HG already! I really don't like the cheap looking packaging, but the product itself is a beautiful gold color with some sparkle (not too much) and NO orange tones, which is key for my pale skin that turns ruddy very easily. Love it.
Update: After using this consistently for about three months, I realized it was causing me to break out. I can't figure out what is in the ingredients, but I'm giving my skin a break for a few weeks, and then I'll try this again. I love it, but I don't love breaking out.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2009 10:08:00 AM More reviews by thirtyyone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because I use Tarte Smooth Operator (which I am in love with) and wanted an alternative to Nars Laguna bronzer, which is nice but not perfect and I find I go through too quickly. I had trouble using the right amount of this so I didn't look orange and greasy but I still got some glow and some color. When I finally got it down, the results were good. The color was good on me, not too orange and not too shimmery.

Unfortunately, after a week I started breaking out under my cheekbones and along my jaw and hairline, the areas where I use bronzer the most. I lost the receipt for this so I can't return it, it seems I'm stuck with a giant pan of bronze eyeshadow.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2009 1:57:00 PM More reviews by ahrako

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I initially had mixed feelings about this product. i received it as a sample from sephora which sat in my makeup bin for a long time until i tried it one day. i used way too much the first time and i looked like a scaly golden snake. i finally used the right amount and i liked the natural golden glow look it gave me, enough to buy the full sized product. BUT i noticed that the full product was a little different than my experience with the sample, it seemed like i needed to use more product from the full size than i needed from the sample size, i'm thinking nwo that it might be the way the two products are packaged. perhaps the full sized product is pressed harder?

either way, i like the natural glow this product provides. I'm a fan of the bare minerals warmth but sometimes if you are hasty in putting it on you end up with blotchy spots - which doesn't happen with this. the only thing is, i could do without the sparkly bits.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2009 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Jeana

I guess I am one of the very few that do not like this. When I first started wearing it, I thought it was the best bronzer ever - until I saw pictures of myself with this on. Not a nice look at all!

I tried a lighter approach and took pictures again to see if it was any better, but this stuff does not photograph well on me. Also, I tried using a fan brush, etc, and I think that this is just the wrong tone for me. I looked like a dirty sparkly metallic mess in every picture, and that is not the way I want to be remembered. Same result if I looked at myself in natural lighting - dirty and metallic. So, this is a big huge fail for me.

As usual, this looked amazing on my daughter (she is NW20), so it is her fav bronzer - at least it wasn't wasted. I think it also has to do with the fact that she has really nice, even, smooth skin. I think this just accentuated my pores, where as it looks very natural on my daughter.

The packaging is cute, yet, can be messy when carried around in a purse.

I am rating this lower, based on my own results with it.

For reference: NW15, blue eyes, med. brown hair