April 19, 2014 | 1751 users online

Bronzers - Tarte - Park Avenue Princess

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 4:56:00 PM More reviews by murphy817

Currently, this is the only bronzer in my mu bag. I actually got this in a Tarte natural beauty collection. Mine is the smaller version to the original but it has lasted me at least 3 months and now I just hit pan. For some reason, many bronzers look off on me. They are either too muddy or red or shimmery. I don't like tons of gold in my bronzers and this Tarte bronzer doesn't have that effect which I love. Also, this bronzer doesn't break me out and I do wear it daily. I don't know why I go out and stray on my Tarte P Ave .P Bronzer I guess I try to find a cheaper dupe. But, for now, I will continue to splurge on this. One tiny flaw w/ this bronzer is the packaging. I think it's somewhat tacky but oh well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2009 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Demeter2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got a deluxe sample of this from Sephora and I absolutely love it. I had it in my vanity for sometime and recently started using it because of the summer months ahead and it's the perfect shade for me, and I love the packaging as well. So cute, I would love another as I am now almost out :-D

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2009 11:54:00 AM More reviews by WVUjame

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I started out with NARS Laguna, which caused a horrible allergic reaction, so I swapped it for Park Avenue Princess. I've worn it nearly every day since. No allergic reactions, and it gives me a much more natural glow. I've only recently started wearing bronzer, but I think I've found my HG already! I really don't like the cheap looking packaging, but the product itself is a beautiful gold color with some sparkle (not too much) and NO orange tones, which is key for my pale skin that turns ruddy very easily. Love it.
Update: After using this consistently for about three months, I realized it was causing me to break out. I can't figure out what is in the ingredients, but I'm giving my skin a break for a few weeks, and then I'll try this again. I love it, but I don't love breaking out.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2009 10:08:00 AM More reviews by thirtyyone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because I use Tarte Smooth Operator (which I am in love with) and wanted an alternative to Nars Laguna bronzer, which is nice but not perfect and I find I go through too quickly. I had trouble using the right amount of this so I didn't look orange and greasy but I still got some glow and some color. When I finally got it down, the results were good. The color was good on me, not too orange and not too shimmery.

Unfortunately, after a week I started breaking out under my cheekbones and along my jaw and hairline, the areas where I use bronzer the most. I lost the receipt for this so I can't return it, it seems I'm stuck with a giant pan of bronze eyeshadow.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2009 1:57:00 PM More reviews by ahrako

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I initially had mixed feelings about this product. i received it as a sample from sephora which sat in my makeup bin for a long time until i tried it one day. i used way too much the first time and i looked like a scaly golden snake. i finally used the right amount and i liked the natural golden glow look it gave me, enough to buy the full sized product. BUT i noticed that the full product was a little different than my experience with the sample, it seemed like i needed to use more product from the full size than i needed from the sample size, i'm thinking nwo that it might be the way the two products are packaged. perhaps the full sized product is pressed harder?

either way, i like the natural glow this product provides. I'm a fan of the bare minerals warmth but sometimes if you are hasty in putting it on you end up with blotchy spots - which doesn't happen with this. the only thing is, i could do without the sparkly bits.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2009 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Jeana

I guess I am one of the very few that do not like this. When I first started wearing it, I thought it was the best bronzer ever - until I saw pictures of myself with this on. Not a nice look at all!

I tried a lighter approach and took pictures again to see if it was any better, but this stuff does not photograph well on me. Also, I tried using a fan brush, etc, and I think that this is just the wrong tone for me. I looked like a dirty sparkly metallic mess in every picture, and that is not the way I want to be remembered. Same result if I looked at myself in natural lighting - dirty and metallic. So, this is a big huge fail for me.

As usual, this looked amazing on my daughter (she is NW20), so it is her fav bronzer - at least it wasn't wasted. I think it also has to do with the fact that she has really nice, even, smooth skin. I think this just accentuated my pores, where as it looks very natural on my daughter.

The packaging is cute, yet, can be messy when carried around in a purse.

I am rating this lower, based on my own results with it.

For reference: NW15, blue eyes, med. brown hair

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2009 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Sarem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am totally in love with this bronzer. A golden glow in a true bronze color. A perfect one that is suitable tu use both in winter and summer. Besides it goes a loooonnnng way. Fair gals be careful when using this tap the excess powder before applying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2009 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This is the Bronzer i use everyday. I LOVE Park Avenue Princess! It's so gorgeous against my skintone. Light Brown and Golden. Uh. Can't get enough of this stuff. Perfect balance of color..looks so natural on me..doesn't cake (no matter how much I apply)...and the packaging is really cute. Makes my skin glow. Better than my Hoola (that's my babie too lol). I don't understand why any lady would walk around with bronzer in her purse? If you do that, you must wear too much makeup. But anyway, try this bronzer!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2009 1:50:00 PM More reviews by leo88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this bronzer a lot! It gives my skin a nice golden look and contrary to other reviews..it does not cake on my skin at all and i absolutely love the way it looks! I apply it with another one of my favorites, the Too Faced Teddy Bear Kabuki Brush, which is the best brush for bronzers,blush and even Liquid foundation!! If you find that a bronzer is cakey on your skin...then maybe you should try exfolianting.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2009 2:17:00 PM More reviews by darlinglilkitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

How the hell did I live without this? This is my first bronzer, so I don't have a lot to compare it too, but holy hell does this make my face look really sculpted in a totally natural way. I love how finely milled the mineral powder is. It never looks fake or caked on. This is a lighter bronzer, very yellow undertones. Great for a fair Asian skin, IME. In the summer, I may have to switch over to NARS Laguna, which I hear is a smidge darker. I apply this with a MAC 187 and wow, does it make a huge difference to my overall look. I like to put a bit of non-shimmery blush on the apples of my cheeks with this. PAP has a bit of shimmer to it, but nothing over the top. Very natural and very flattering. This is a great product. I use it every single day and would not be without. Highly recommend. Ooh and I agree, the packaging is homely. :(