December 22, 2014 | 1694 users online

Bronzers - Tarte - Park Avenue Princess

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by kimberlyball

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I put that I wouldn't buy this again, but this is my second pan of it. I am still undecided if I actually like it or not. I got it because the Sephora MA said it was a best seller and that it it is really beautiful on. My first impression was that it was going to be way too light for my Armani Luminous Silk 6.5 skin and darker in summer, but thought I'd give it a try. I've used Tarte's cheek stains before in blushing bride and hated everything about it so I had my doubts about the brand. Decided I'd use it up and not repurchase, but then I started getting tons of compliments on my skin with strangers and friends alike asking what I was using. Good sign. So I finished it up and bought another...and it's sat there ever since. I don't like how it accentuates my pores. It definitely doesn't bronze...just gives a nice rosey gold glow. I'll use it up to get rid of it, but won't repurchase again. BTW packaging is ugly and gets dirty easily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2010 11:13:00 AM More reviews by ragazza

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the most natural looking bronzer evah!!!! It provides a natural sunkissed glow with a bit of sheen, no huge sparkles. It's not orange and goes on smooth, I don't get any blotches whatsoever. I use the bronzer brush from QUO and the application is truly flawless. I can't stop looking at myself in the mirror. My hair looks better and my makeup looks better...LOL!! I haven't experienced any breakouts, but then again I don't have problem skin nor do I have sensitive skin. I absolutely love it and can't imagine leaving the house without it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2010 6:41:00 PM More reviews by loriyu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure about the price bc I have a sample of it, but WOW is this stuff pigmented. So pigmented that I can't use a brush with it or I'll have a huge brown spot on my face that's hard to blend. I use this with my finger to contour. I don't love the glitter in it, but the color is pretty fantastic. I don't use this everyday bc of the glitter and would rather contour with something that's matte, but i do like this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2009 1:40:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good bronzer that is golden brown with lots of gold spackles. Most bronzers are orange, I'm happy to say this is not. The texture is velvety which I love about Tarte powders, eyeshadows, and this bronzer. Good stuff, but very natural looking on me because I already have medium skintone, its brings a natural glow back to my skin after I apply foundation which can be too mattifying.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2009 9:26:00 AM More reviews by pvb_golfgal

Love, Love, LOVE this stuff! A bit on the pricey side, but gives me such a wonderful, natural glow that it is a def. an HG for me. Have used it for nearly 3 years now and won't leave the house without it... in fact, one day I ran out and when I got to work, everyone kept asking if I felt OK because I didn't have my usual "glow" about me. Needless to say, I stopped at Sephora to restock on my way home :-) I am very fair-skinned with light hair, so I usually end up looking orange or fake when using bronzers/fake tanners, but not with this product. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2009 1:06:00 AM More reviews by roselovesmakeup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got Park Avenue Princess today, Im so glad I did,when I tried it on at Sephora, you know the lighting in there isnt the best for color of anything you try and it was at night so I had high hopes since I did pay a preetypenny for it, ok so far so good, this bronzer delivers a great glow to my olive skin, I hear its metallic but havent noticed it on me yet, it does feel smooth and luxurious on my skin too! I will try to use it as a contour and see how that work and let you know, will update soon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 4:56:00 PM More reviews by murphy817

Currently, this is the only bronzer in my mu bag. I actually got this in a Tarte natural beauty collection. Mine is the smaller version to the original but it has lasted me at least 3 months and now I just hit pan. For some reason, many bronzers look off on me. They are either too muddy or red or shimmery. I don't like tons of gold in my bronzers and this Tarte bronzer doesn't have that effect which I love. Also, this bronzer doesn't break me out and I do wear it daily. I don't know why I go out and stray on my Tarte P Ave .P Bronzer I guess I try to find a cheaper dupe. But, for now, I will continue to splurge on this. One tiny flaw w/ this bronzer is the packaging. I think it's somewhat tacky but oh well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2009 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Demeter2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got a deluxe sample of this from Sephora and I absolutely love it. I had it in my vanity for sometime and recently started using it because of the summer months ahead and it's the perfect shade for me, and I love the packaging as well. So cute, I would love another as I am now almost out :-D

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2009 11:54:00 AM More reviews by WVUjame

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I started out with NARS Laguna, which caused a horrible allergic reaction, so I swapped it for Park Avenue Princess. I've worn it nearly every day since. No allergic reactions, and it gives me a much more natural glow. I've only recently started wearing bronzer, but I think I've found my HG already! I really don't like the cheap looking packaging, but the product itself is a beautiful gold color with some sparkle (not too much) and NO orange tones, which is key for my pale skin that turns ruddy very easily. Love it.
Update: After using this consistently for about three months, I realized it was causing me to break out. I can't figure out what is in the ingredients, but I'm giving my skin a break for a few weeks, and then I'll try this again. I love it, but I don't love breaking out.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2009 10:08:00 AM More reviews by thirtyyone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because I use Tarte Smooth Operator (which I am in love with) and wanted an alternative to Nars Laguna bronzer, which is nice but not perfect and I find I go through too quickly. I had trouble using the right amount of this so I didn't look orange and greasy but I still got some glow and some color. When I finally got it down, the results were good. The color was good on me, not too orange and not too shimmery.

Unfortunately, after a week I started breaking out under my cheekbones and along my jaw and hairline, the areas where I use bronzer the most. I lost the receipt for this so I can't return it, it seems I'm stuck with a giant pan of bronze eyeshadow.