Fresh Soy Face Cleanser

3.7

Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Flower Water, Coco Glucoside, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Xanthan Gum, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Germ Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Rose Flower Oil, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Aloe Ferox Leaf Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Peg-40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Methylparaben, Sodium Propylparaben, Polysorbate 20, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Peg-35 Castor Oil, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, BHA, BHT.

on 9/16/2012 10:33:00 PM

Been using this for a couple of years now, and itís a staple in my skin care regime. I can only use my Clairsonic twice a week because my skin is so sensitive, and this is the only cleanser thatís gentle enough to pair with it or use the day after. Iíve tried other gentle cleansers for sensitive skin, and this is the absolute best. Even Cetiphil irritated my skin and left a burn that took two weeks to clear up. Because of that, I donít mind the $40 price point for this product. You get what you pay for.

It took me a while to figure out how to use this. At first I hated it. It felt slimy, smelled funky, and I felt like it left residue on my skin. Then I watched a video tutorial on the Clairsonic and decided to dust this off and give it another try. The problem was two-fold. 1: I was using way too much product. This has a push top lid, and its really easy to squeeze out too much product. I was using a quarter size amount. Now I use a pea size amount. 2: I applied this to dry skin, which was not optimal. Now I use this in the shower, wet my face, apply a pea size amount to my palm, and lather the product. It wonít actually bubble or suds, but it emulsifies into a very rich and silky feeling product that I massage onto my face. It rinses clean.

When I use my Clairsonic, I apply the product the same way, wet the Clairsonic, and work it over the lather on my face for a maximum of 60 seconds. Even with the sensitive brush head, this makes my skin feel very vulnerable, and it becomes too sensitive to use medicated products for about 24 hours.

About Me: Iím a skin care junkie and like to mix and match my skin care products everyday to use whatever my skin needs at that time. I have very very sensitive skin and suffer from a sun allergy, eczema, and contact dermatitis. When I do break out or have irritation, the dreaded hyperpigmentation follows. So I run the gamut on skin care products on the search for the next big thing that doesnít irritate my skin.

on 9/12/2012 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I got this with the Clarisonic Plus. I've had it for a while, but never tried it. So finally I decide to use it up. The first thing that I noticed is that my face felt tight after using this. After a few days of using this, my skin wasn't looking as good as it normally does. As you use it, it feels pretty good. However after the results are not so good.

on 9/8/2012 6:08:00 PM

This stuff is loaded with things your skin absorbs that shouldn't be put on it. I know most think you just wash it off no biggie but on a daily basis it's not good for you. It does take off makeup and cleanses well. It's just not good for you at all. :(

I really wish they would reformulate to a safer ingredient list. The name is deceiving.

I like this cleanser, I mean Really really like this! I look forward to washing my face if I know I have a tube of this laying around. I wasn't too fond of the smell the first time I used it, it seemed like a mix of cucumber and something medicinal, but it has really grown on me. I now welcome that famIliar smell. I love this because it leaves my skin feeling clean, soft and not stripped. Other gentle cleansers like cetaphil left me feely slightly drier than Fresh. I have oily skin, but when I'm using drying acne treatment I don't want anything that is going to dry my skin more and accentuate flakies. Now would I buy this again? I'm not sure. I think over 30 bucks for a cleanser is rediculous, I mean really. But also i feel like I could probably find a product that is just as gentle and non drying for half the price. Maybe even the drugstore. I dont know of this really does remove makeup like it claims because I use an oil cleanser for that. If I had a gift card or there was a sale I would buy this again.

on 8/18/2012 1:17:00 AM

Over the past few years i tried quite a few cleansers such as the purity one from philosophy, kate somerville, clinique, origins, and a couple more, I think this might just be the best one i tried, except for the smell, its really natural and a little bit like whole grain or just soy! I dont really like it but i can live with it because the product itself is really great! it doesnt dry your skin out at all which i love, and your skin feels really soft and clean after washing it with this product! (FYI my skin is combination)
so i guess if it wasnt for the smell i would definitely give it a 5 star!

Dang it, Sephora. Why you have to show me this? It goes against my principles to pay a lot for a cleanser - I don't believe it makes much of a difference as long as it doesn't do anything bad. That is . . . until Sephora gave me a sample of this. I used it about 5 days and couldn't deny that it is wonderful. A tiny bit goes a long way (thankfully) and it does nice things for my skin, including solving some problems with the flakies. Some find it doesn't get makeup off, but I really don't use heavy makeup at all, so maybe that's why I've had success. I ended up forking over the $38 and am loving it. Yes, the smell is funky at first but I got used to it quickly.

I have combination skin and I thought this would be a great makeup remover because it is so gentle and soothing. I used a regular cleanser after just to make sure that I would be getting rid of all the dirt and oil on my face. Yes, it does a great job removing makeup, but I really don't think this is formulated for oilier skin types, as it made me break out. I won't be buying this again.

on 7/11/2012 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used all the cleansers for sensitive skin but this is by far the best. So addictive that i wash my face twice every single time. The smell reminds me of feet but it does not bother me. Use it twice and you will smell cucumber.

I will never use a different cleanser ever again.

on 7/8/2012 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I adore this cleanser. It takes all my makeup off without drying or irritating my ultra sensitive skin. It's a non-foaming consistency which might be an issue for some people but I liked it. The only potential drawback is the price. That is the only time I have ever said that in a review but $44CAD for a cleanser is a bit steep. It's more expensive than most of the luxury brands Dior, Lancome etc. I would definitely repurchase if my skin was being reactive but I am trying to find another cleanser within the store where I work as a cosmetician/makeup artist.

on 7/2/2012 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE this cleanser. I have really sensitive skin and break out very easily if I use the wrong cleanser. This cleanser is MAGICAL; its so soft on my skin and never makes me break out. My go-to cleanser when another product makes me break out; I just use this for a few days and my face returns to its soft acne-free state.