April 21, 2014 | 1360 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Total Effects Anti Aging Anti Blemish Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2007 11:02:00 AM More reviews by msimone

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ive been using this product for a few months now, and i must say, im actually quite impressed. I love Olay products - especially their microdermabraision kit and regenerist serum. The cleanser doesnt lather up into a sudsy soap, but it definitely removes all of my makeup and i find that it does help with any small breakouts i experience. If i have small minor blemishes, they clear up usually within 1-2 days when i use this. Its creamy so it doesnt leave my skin dry at all. I have a new found love for Olay products! i used to hate them, but im an avid fan now! :) Will def. repurchase this when im done. Oh and this container has lasted me soo long! i think im only 1/2 way thru and its been 2-3 months.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2007 12:30:00 AM More reviews by jackiebluee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love Olay, but I was *not* impressed with this product. I used the entire bottle and will not be buying it again. Overall, it's not that great; there are better products out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2007 5:02:00 AM More reviews by dollfaced41

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm on my third tube of this cleanser and I'm sure there'll be many more. I have dry skin all over, combined with a slightly oily T-zone. This means I'm prone to blackheads without daily exfoliation. This cleanser is perfect for that, because it has fine grit for gentle manual exfoliation and Salicylic acid for chemical exfoliation. I don't think this has enough of either for oily skin, but it really helps slough off dry skin and prevent blackheads.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2007 10:52:00 PM More reviews by oclbgirl

I have very oily, acne prone skin and I didn't like this cleanser at all. I ended up with many clogged pores on my forehead, and I think it was b/c this cleanser didn't do a good enough job of cleaning my face. I think this product would probably be okay for a combo-dry skin type.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2007 11:26:00 AM More reviews by nicole33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's ok.. not great, not bad. I don't love the scrubbing beads in it because I find them a bit harsh and I don't think it's done too much in terms of breakouts. It does clean well and removes all of my makeup nicely. I do like the moisturizer (see my review if you like) I'll update soon as it's only been a few weeks.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2007 2:31:00 PM More reviews by 5ftcutie

I just got his a few days ago and have only used it 5 times...but I like it so far. I also have been using the matching Moisturizer and I LOVE that too!!! This cleanser smells good (fruity) and makes my skin feel very clean. It's a cream cleanser so it doesn't foam and there are tiny little scrubbing beads in it....but they are so small that they are not worth mentioning. While I message it in... it makes my face tingle..but not too much. After my face isn't overly dry/tight unless I use it on the nights that I use Tretinoin Gel (you have to wait 20 mins after washing before you can apply it) it got uncomfortable...lol....but I only use it now when I use the matching Moisturizer after...and it's fine. I don't know if it removes makeup because I pre-wash with Cetaphil Bar. Give this cleanser and it's matching moisturizer a try if you have clogged pores and acne (like me).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2007 5:43:00 AM More reviews by aguskl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

Cream cleanser with scrub particle. Make my skin softer,not drying and doesn't cause breakout. I wouldn't want to use it daily though, the scrub particle is rather coarse.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2007 9:59:00 AM More reviews by encee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I seriously wanted to try Olay's total effects range, juz bcos of the rave reviews here. and furthermore, my local drugstore has a promotion of gettin this and the total effects moisturizer at a good deal. i decided to try.

the cleanser is somewhat creamy-ish with fine abrasive particles. i use this without fear of drying out my skin. it leaves my skin well-balanced and soft, performing the basics of a pleasant cream cleanser. skin feels nice. not outstandingly, but remarkable enough to get me to keep coming back to this cleanser amidst an array of others on the bathroom counter. a good one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2007 4:09:00 AM More reviews by ytwan

Been using this cleanser for 2 months, and it has really helped to clear up my congested skin. Some of my darker pimple marks have faded, and it has helped to prevent new pimples. My pimples used to be really stubborn, and would not subside for weeks. This cleanser, together with regular facials, has helped to keep pus filled pimples at bay. Whatever pimples I get now are cleared within a few days. In addition, it does not aggravate my sensitive, oily skin. I use this together with the Olay moisturiser for blemish prone skin, and so far, it has not given me any problems. Good quality for such a reasonable price. The only downside to this product, in my opinion, is that it does not lather well, and people who are not used to this may be tempted to clean a second time. I now use this after exfoliating with my Ginvera Marvel Gel, and the combination has given me clear, glowing skin. Great cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2007 3:20:00 AM More reviews by Dzehague

I really like this cleanser. It has a nice fragrance, and keeps my skin clear from pimples. I have taken one lippie off because it is not very good at removing my makeup at the end of the day. Makes my skin look nice, and doesn't cause me to break out, so I will continue using it.