July 24, 2014 | 1970 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Semi-Matte Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2010 5:54:00 PM More reviews by s2dreamer

This foundation is my HG!! I wear it in medium beige neutral which is perfect for my beige/yellow undertoned asian skin. It's very buildable and a little of it goes a long way - one of the sample pots can last me a few months. I love the finish, very glowy without being OTT. It also has good coverage and NEVER goes on cakey. Love it and will repurchase forever!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2010 11:13:00 PM More reviews by sevenbells

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

edit: Bought another one recently- the ingredients on the back are the same, but for some reason it broke me out like MAD!?

This is definitely my HG! Unlike Bare Esscentuals, didn't make me break out at all, is dirt cheap, and I've gotten compliments on my skin (this has never, ever happened before)! :D I tried the original glo foundation first but found that too shiny, but this is perfect, it's matte but doesn't look flat and still stays on my face for most of the day. If only the packaging were a little better, even with the 'lid' on the inside I find it still gets all over the inside of container after a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2010 6:51:00 AM More reviews by dianasheglova

This is by far the best foundation I have ever used, and I went through a lot including Lancome, Dior, Chanel, YSL, MAC, Benefit etc etc etc!!

For colour reference I am a NC25 - 30 in MAC, 03 in Lancome, 030 in Dior. And I find that Light olive is perfect for me. Although, I have mixed whatever little everyday mineral sample pots I had (olive fair with medium etc etc), and it still seems to blend into my skin perfectly for a very natural look (ie no colour difference between my face and neck/chest) with good coverage.

I have tried all finishes in Everyday minerals, and prefer the semi-matte, since it blends in easily and perfectly, but still gives a fresh finish. The matte was too matte and drying on my face (I've dry/combination skin), and I found that it did not blend as easy. Intensive was too heavy/cakey from the very first layer. Glo was a tiny bit shiny although I am wearing it now since I am waiting on my order and had to finish whatever I had.

Overall, I would recommend this foundation, as a very good one and tops all those expensive ones in regards to quality and lasting power, and even those other mineral brands that are on the same price level (sassy etc). I now spend literally two mins in the morning putting my foundation on including the primer (smashbox or MAC), finishing powder on top (another everyday minerals favourite of mine)!

Really hope you give it a try! It's very easy to order on line and they don't rip off on shipping..

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by iiidioteque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST FOUNDATION I HAVE EVER USED! *HG*

I started using mineral makeup back in 2006, and have tried many brands, including BE, Sheer Cover, Fyrinnae, L'Oreal, Maybelline, Revlon, Neutrogena, MAC, among others. Everyday Minerals is not the the best foundation out of them all, but with the exception of Maybelline (which is horrible, btw) is the CHEAPEST!

COLOR: Everyday Minerals is the ONLY foundation I have EVER tried (liquid or otherwise) to suit my skintone. I have very fair olive skin. It has a yellow-green undertone, and my veins look green instead of blue, and the inside of my elbows take on a brused yellow look. I start with Olive Fair, which was my perfect match, and then move to Olive Light as the weather warms up, and I currently have to switch to Olive Medium (I tan very easily, so I went through these three shades in about two weeks with little/average sun exposure. They are really not close in shade though, and you may find yourself mixing if you tan.) All other foundations look orange or red on me, and the brands who do offer a yellow toned foundation end up being TOO yellow, ie BE.

TEXTURE/COVERAGE: I have oily, acne-prone skin. I had horrible acne in high school, and as is typical with olive-toned skin, it left many scars in it's wake. I have only tried the semi-matte formula (there are four different levels of coverage, and this is about a 2/4 with 4 being the most coverage) and it completely covers all my imperfections and leaves me just matte enough. I sometimes next to re-apply a light dusting if I have exercised, been sweating, etc. It doesn't make my skin itch, unlike BE, and the best part of all? VIRTUALLY NO BREAK-OUTS! My skin has completely cleared up since using this item, with an occasional pimple here or there. If you have a lot of acne currently, or have EXTREMELY oily skin, I would recommend matte or intensive, but this works fine to cover my scars and control oil.

PRICE: for all that it does, $12.50 is really good price. Simply a steal.

TRY A FEW SAMPLES, you will NOT go back to BE!

PS: For those who say customer service sucks, I have received every shipment within two days of ordering, from Texas to Michigan.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2010 5:54:00 PM More reviews by CharlotteAmalie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

One thing I adore about the E.M. line is that you can buy sample sizes to get the right shade, not just a near match. I began by buying a whole range of samples, finally zeroing in on "Golden Fair" as the precise match, adding a little bit of "Linen" by winter's end, when I've really gotten pale. This is just great stuff. It covers well--if you need light cover, just a dusting does it, while a couple of light dustings produces a heavier coverage that still is not cakey. I put it on with a kabuki brush, and it goes on like a whisper. I've had foundation problems my entire life, until this--my foundations either turned orange, looked fake and caked, made me look ghostly, felt gross, or came off on everything I wore. The E.M. foundation does none of this. If you're worried that "semi-matte" might be too shiny, it's not at all. It's the only variety I've used, and it doesn't gleam. It just looks natural and smooth. Great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Willy1234

I really just loooove this product! It has been a life saver! I'm The shade Fairly Light Neutral and it's almost an exact match to my skin. I use the Flat Top brush and it applies very easily with buildable coverage. Just be careful not to pile on TOO much because it can look a bit cakey and unnatural. I also tried EM's Matte formula, but i definitely prefer the Semi-Matte since i tend to be a bit dry around my t-zone and the Semi-Matte gives a nice glowing finish without looking oily.It does fade a bit by the end of the day and tends to rub off as well, but it still looks good even if you don't reapply. The best foundation i have ever tried! I have had some problems with then containers leaking, but you just need to be careful not to shake them about too much.
Overall a great product and i definitely recommend it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 6:43:00 PM More reviews by bttrflyrose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is far better then Bare Escentuals in my opinion. The coverage is excellent. You can build it up for as much or as little coverage as you want. I wear this foundation everyday and it stays on all day. It doesn't feel heavy or cakey on your skin at all. I am so glad I discovered this foundation after being so disappointed with BE. I love mineral makeup and can confidently wear this every day. I apply it with the EM flat top brush and it goes on so smoothly and flawlessly.
The only downside is the packaging. The full size containers are much shallower than BE. The lids go over the entire jar. The sifters are pretty similar to BE and definitely help, but I'll probably just transfer it into the BE container once its empty.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2010 5:51:00 AM More reviews by skeeta

This is my HG foundation. I really do swear by it - its the perfect coverage for what I need. I work with special needs children and want to cover a little discolouration & spots, but don't want to look too made up. I don't require concealer, i just add a bit more product to the areas that need a bit more help.

Its quite a versatile foundation as it builds quite easily for night and weekend wear. I think an essential part is the the application - just make sure you have a decent quality brush, and don't simply rely on the applicators that come with the pack.

In terms of the packaging - they have improved it SO much with the new sifters (but it can be a bit messy for travel).

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2010 5:40:00 PM More reviews by ThatIsNOTHerShade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm a fair neutral/cool shade (NW15/20) and found a perfect match in the Cool "Multi-Tasking Neutral" shade. I have tried other Everyday Minerals formulas (Glowy & Intensive), and this is my favorite. It's glowy like real skin but nothing outright noticeable (even in direct sunlight). The coverage I would say is light-medium but buildable.

Unfortunately, this foundation was just TOO drying for me (exacerbated eczema on my combo-dry face). I would definitely recommend it to anyone oilier or who has good luck with mineral makeup in general though.
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2010 6:48:00 PM More reviews by niomi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is the formula that i use and it is the first one that i have found that will stay on all day and NOT make me look oily. i work long stressful days in the ICU and I was shocked at the end of the day when my MU looked the same as it did 13hrs before.