Everyday Minerals Semi-Matte Foundation

Not tested on animals

Ingredients: Mica. May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 7/18/2010 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I hated this foundation... My first love BE betrayed me and started breaking me out even though I gave it 2 years of my young life. -_____-" plus it always made me oily and looked like crap in pictures... Well anyway, I began looking for a different mineral make up that blended just as well and still looked like skin but that didn't contain bismuth oxychloride. I found this brand right away. I got a sample size and found buttered tan completely matched my complexion. So I ordered the full size. I used it for a good 4 months. My bf could see it on my skin... And no one could ever see my BE on my skin... The crap didn't blend well at all. It looked like obvious powdery... IT cake HORRIBLY on top of any blemishes... Instead of blending with the natural oils on my skin it floated on top of it and traveled down my face... How mortified was I when my bf said "uhhh o_o" and I looked in the mirror to see the make up caked AROUND my now completely uncovered flaws... It was disgusting. It doesn't stop there.... The pigments in this make up are completely transfer prone. If I so much as blot my face with those oil film thingys it comes off in clumps even though they're made of a specific material so that they WOULDNT pick up make up. It oxidized so ppl would be like woah girl did you get a tan? Like litterally if u need a heavier coverage in an area... It oxidizes and turns orangey brown... My bf didn't like that much either... Everytime he made this face -> I knew it failed me again -_- ... I stopped using it and started using the estee lauder double wear. I noticed my acne is almost completely gone now... I'd hate to think that it was also responsible for breaking me out.... Mineral make up is dead to me -____-". Don't buy it. It's evil

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I wanted a foundation that would last on my skin without fading until i washed it off. But i didnt want a dull,overly matte finish. i purchased this foundation i the shade linen. It is slightly too dark and yellow for my NW 10-15 skin. It matches perfectly in the summer with a slight tan. i apply it with my ecotools retractable kabuki brush. I have found you use the least product while still getting good coverage with this brush. The finish is nice,but i would prefer if there were less sparkles (even though they are barely noticable). After about ten minutes,i can see my pores showing through on my nose,so i would avoid this if you have large pores unless you use a good primer. The foundation does not emphasize any dry patches. By the end of the day (with monistat primer) the foundation has not budged on my cheeks,chin and forehead,but it goes blotchy on my nose because it is oily. I think the matte finish would be better for combination or oily skins.

on 7/6/2010 1:18:00 PM

This product starts out sitting on top of my skin and looking sort of dry. I apply just a little bit with a kabuki brush and buff it well. After an hour or so, it gets a weird glowy sheen and highlights my pores and the texture isn't the greatest.This doesn't matter if I set with powder, a setting spray, if it's hot or cold. The coverage over redness isn't great. Worse than that, it itches the minute I get the least bit warm. The packaging is bland and it's messy. Overall, it's an adequate MMU if I'm willing to deal with the itch. I prefer the matte finish to this one in EDM. I recently tried Alima and think it's much better of a finish, better coverage, and there's no itch.

on 7/3/2010 2:51:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I usually wear BE and tried the sample from EDM, I do like the fact that you can get free samples ($5 for P&P). It has good coverage with my BE flawless brush but felt a bit heavy on my skin, I could feel it more than BE, and after half an hour of sitting in front of PC when i checked I looked like my face was an oil slick. Dissapointing as I expected this to bemore mat than BE. I won't be buying the full size product.

on 6/19/2010 5:54:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This foundation is my HG!! I wear it in medium beige neutral which is perfect for my beige/yellow undertoned asian skin. It's very buildable and a little of it goes a long way - one of the sample pots can last me a few months. I love the finish, very glowy without being OTT. It also has good coverage and NEVER goes on cakey. Love it and will repurchase forever!

on 6/14/2010 11:13:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

edit: Bought another one recently- the ingredients on the back are the same, but for some reason it broke me out like MAD!?

This is definitely my HG! Unlike Bare Esscentuals, didn't make me break out at all, is dirt cheap, and I've gotten compliments on my skin (this has never, ever happened before)! :D I tried the original glo foundation first but found that too shiny, but this is perfect, it's matte but doesn't look flat and still stays on my face for most of the day. If only the packaging were a little better, even with the 'lid' on the inside I find it still gets all over the inside of container after a while.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is by far the best foundation I have ever used, and I went through a lot including Lancome, Dior, Chanel, YSL, MAC, Benefit etc etc etc!!

For colour reference I am a NC25 - 30 in MAC, 03 in Lancome, 030 in Dior. And I find that Light olive is perfect for me. Although, I have mixed whatever little everyday mineral sample pots I had (olive fair with medium etc etc), and it still seems to blend into my skin perfectly for a very natural look (ie no colour difference between my face and neck/chest) with good coverage.

I have tried all finishes in Everyday minerals, and prefer the semi-matte, since it blends in easily and perfectly, but still gives a fresh finish. The matte was too matte and drying on my face (I've dry/combination skin), and I found that it did not blend as easy. Intensive was too heavy/cakey from the very first layer. Glo was a tiny bit shiny although I am wearing it now since I am waiting on my order and had to finish whatever I had.

Overall, I would recommend this foundation, as a very good one and tops all those expensive ones in regards to quality and lasting power, and even those other mineral brands that are on the same price level (sassy etc). I now spend literally two mins in the morning putting my foundation on including the primer (smashbox or MAC), finishing powder on top (another everyday minerals favourite of mine)!

Really hope you give it a try! It's very easy to order on line and they don't rip off on shipping..

on 5/31/2010 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I started using mineral makeup back in 2006, and have tried many brands, including BE, Sheer Cover, Fyrinnae, L'Oreal, Maybelline, Revlon, Neutrogena, MAC, among others. Everyday Minerals is not the the best foundation out of them all, but with the exception of Maybelline (which is horrible, btw) is the CHEAPEST!

COLOR: Everyday Minerals is the ONLY foundation I have EVER tried (liquid or otherwise) to suit my skintone. I have very fair olive skin. It has a yellow-green undertone, and my veins look green instead of blue, and the inside of my elbows take on a brused yellow look. I start with Olive Fair, which was my perfect match, and then move to Olive Light as the weather warms up, and I currently have to switch to Olive Medium (I tan very easily, so I went through these three shades in about two weeks with little/average sun exposure. They are really not close in shade though, and you may find yourself mixing if you tan.) All other foundations look orange or red on me, and the brands who do offer a yellow toned foundation end up being TOO yellow, ie BE.

TEXTURE/COVERAGE: I have oily, acne-prone skin. I had horrible acne in high school, and as is typical with olive-toned skin, it left many scars in it's wake. I have only tried the semi-matte formula (there are four different levels of coverage, and this is about a 2/4 with 4 being the most coverage) and it completely covers all my imperfections and leaves me just matte enough. I sometimes next to re-apply a light dusting if I have exercised, been sweating, etc. It doesn't make my skin itch, unlike BE, and the best part of all? VIRTUALLY NO BREAK-OUTS! My skin has completely cleared up since using this item, with an occasional pimple here or there. If you have a lot of acne currently, or have EXTREMELY oily skin, I would recommend matte or intensive, but this works fine to cover my scars and control oil.

PRICE: for all that it does, $12.50 is really good price. Simply a steal.

TRY A FEW SAMPLES, you will NOT go back to BE!

PS: For those who say customer service sucks, I have received every shipment within two days of ordering, from Texas to Michigan.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

One thing I adore about the E.M. line is that you can buy sample sizes to get the right shade, not just a near match. I began by buying a whole range of samples, finally zeroing in on "Golden Fair" as the precise match, adding a little bit of "Linen" by winter's end, when I've really gotten pale. This is just great stuff. It covers well--if you need light cover, just a dusting does it, while a couple of light dustings produces a heavier coverage that still is not cakey. I put it on with a kabuki brush, and it goes on like a whisper. I've had foundation problems my entire life, until this--my foundations either turned orange, looked fake and caked, made me look ghostly, felt gross, or came off on everything I wore. The E.M. foundation does none of this. If you're worried that "semi-matte" might be too shiny, it's not at all. It's the only variety I've used, and it doesn't gleam. It just looks natural and smooth. Great product!

on 5/18/2010 6:54:00 PM

I really just loooove this product! It has been a life saver! I'm The shade Fairly Light Neutral and it's almost an exact match to my skin. I use the Flat Top brush and it applies very easily with buildable coverage. Just be careful not to pile on TOO much because it can look a bit cakey and unnatural. I also tried EM's Matte formula, but i definitely prefer the Semi-Matte since i tend to be a bit dry around my t-zone and the Semi-Matte gives a nice glowing finish without looking oily.It does fade a bit by the end of the day and tends to rub off as well, but it still looks good even if you don't reapply. The best foundation i have ever tried! I have had some problems with then containers leaking, but you just need to be careful not to shake them about too much.
Overall a great product and i definitely recommend it :)