September 2, 2014 | 1802 users online

Loose Powders - Everyday Minerals - Finishing Dust

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2007 2:19:00 PM More reviews by foolsgold

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great great product. Keeps my face looking matte and feeling very smooth, and I love the effect it has on my upper chest.. Looks and feels nice and smooth.. Definitely a keeper..

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2007 5:45:00 PM More reviews by cannape

This maybe helps the makeup set better, but I don't like the matte effect it has over the Original Glo. I'm pretty fond of the "Glo", and would rather just touch that up than kill the Glo with this powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2007 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Ayiti

I agree that this finishing dust works much better at controlling oil than BE's mineral veil, and I have very oily skin. I use this to set my foundation, whether it be mineral foundation, or liquid, and even with my oily skin (and depending on the quality of the skin care regimen with which I'm experimenting on any given day), it's comparatively long-lasting. Additionally, a little goes a long way. Good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2007 5:01:00 AM More reviews by J092502D

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

EDM is just wonderful. I continue to try their products as they release new products. Their finishing dust is good, in fact I always keep a full sized jar in stock. For my normal skin, it tends to work well. I have heard some people complain that it doesn't last very long, particularly those with oily skin, but it works well for me. It keeps my make up looking fresh and it controls any oil in my face. It feels really good to put it on too. For those with super oily skin, I suggest looking into their Silk Dust, but be sure to sample that first with caution because those with extreme sensitivities may be allergic to that stuff. I have 2 full sizes of the Silk Dust and I personally love it too. It works extremely well and a little really goes a long way. It controls oil and shine really well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2007 8:59:00 PM More reviews by asiawall

this is good for stopping shine and helping the foundation to last longer, the only problem is that it can make you look a little chalky and dry if you don't moisturize really well, or if you use too much. i like to mix in a little of the pick me up concealer with this, it brightens it up. i'm sure bronzer or something would work well too. the packaging is not great, but with minerals it never is.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2007 2:02:00 AM More reviews by sandboxx

I actually think I like this better than BM Mineral Veil, but I'm not too sure as I've only tried the sample size. This sets my mineral foundation/concealer and keeps it looking nearly airbrushed and natural for hours, which is insane because I have very oily skin. I looooove it. I also love that they have three different ones to choose from. The finishing dust and silk dust are both great.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2007 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Lkn4Him

I really love this finishing dust. I have combo skin and it does a great job of controlling my slightly oily T-zone (depending on which foundation formula I use.) When I wear Semi-matte, I dust on my finishing powder and there's no need to reapply... ever! However, when I wear Original Glo, I may have to touch up with finishing dust later in the day.
The finish is beautiful and this seems to set my makeup, making it look just stunning. I prefer to apply my blush AFTER dusting on my finishing dust. My blush seems to fade if I put finishing dust on top of it.

Their Balancing Dust is specifically for oilies, so if you're super oily, go straight for the Balancing Dust. I've ordered their Silk Dust and will let ya know how it compares to finishing dust.

Edit: Silk Dust does a better job of controlling oil than Finishing dust, although I like the smooth look of Finishing dust better. overall, I like silk dust better, but will continue to use both.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2007 11:03:00 AM More reviews by na8i

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Although I do love Everyday Minerals; this is not one of their skin smart products! I used to wear this powder on top of my Original Glo and the Light Pink Concealer (used all over to tone down redness), and this combination would always make my forehead oily by the end of the day. Day 2: Little bumps appearing on my forehead! Didn't irritate my skin so much that they developed into pustules, but I had a hard time getting rid of the little buggers. Somehow the corn starch in this product must have clogged my pores... So, I will not use this product again, but I still give it a 2. This because of solidarity with EM, because it did control shine to some extent and because it didn't give me bad acne like most other products do. Just little bumps.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2007 3:26:00 PM More reviews by nicksmommy03

like this even better than my beloved Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil. I am now a convert to EM!!!

This formula is GREAT for people who are combination. I do not like a powdery look or anything cakey. Sometimes the powders that tone down my t-zone shine also make all of my dry areas look caked on. Not so with Finishing Dust!

I apply it in the AM (I use Cat Cosmetics brushes) over my EM Intensive and it DOES NOT need to be reapplied throughout the day which is awesome since I have two toddlers running around and a business to run!

This is a great powder. Fantastic coverage, yet totally natural looking. Highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2007 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

I rotate between using this product and the Kaolin finishing powders that EDM sells. This products works well as a finishing powder over EDM powder foundations, when it comes to controling oil breakthu.

With this powder applied over my face, my face does stay relatively matte up for a number of hours. If the weather is extremely hot and humid out, then yes I do have to do a touchup or two. But, overall, this product doesn't suck out all of the moisture out of my skin and I have a medium skintone and the product doesn't make my skin look ashy or ghostly in any way.

The version that I currently own does have the following ingredients listed: Zea Mays, Iron Oxides, may contain Ultramarine Blue, Black Currant Powder.

EDM has since changed the formulation. EDM has gone through repeat ingredient changes over short periods of time since I started purchasing products from the line in 2005. So, even though I like this version that I have quite well, this version is not the one that is currently being offered on their site. Only time will tell if I actually continue purchasing EDM finishing dusts. As, the repeated ingredient changes can be quite bothersome.