OPI Lincoln Park After Dark

4.5

on 5/31/2011 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Love this - the inky eggplant is soooooo cool without trying too hard. I like it for summer, too - makes those crops look polished! It's almost black - but not quite -

OPI's polishes are well worth the price - which I don't think is bad, for as long as they last and how they go on without issues.

I put two coats on of this one - and then use a clear topcoat to give it some protection and shine. This lasts well over a week and half (pedi) for me, which is amazing, especially in the summer.

Highly recommended.

on 5/23/2011 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As the other reviews have said, I like this because it's not toally black.. I also like how OPI finishes, nice and shiny even without a topcoat.
I put two layers (after waiting for the first layer to dry).
The shine itself and the dimensional reflections playing on it by light definitely helps give it more oomph versus just normal black.
Will probably repurchase

on 5/15/2011 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I actually discovered this shade after borrowing it at a friends house. I agree that it looks almost black sometimes, but its true colour is a deep dark purple. I'm not usually a black nail polish wearer, so this is as close as I would get to black. Nice shade that dresses up night outfits. I think I did about two coats? Stained slightly around my nail bed, but nothing too major.

on 5/13/2011 6:56:00 PM

My favorite dark nail polish. It looks black, but with a hint of colour. Goes on well, love the brush. Lasts well. Somewhat stains. Was my first OPI!

on 5/10/2011 6:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I love this color. I would never wear black nail polish, and brown is just boring to me. This color really steps it up. I have used this color on my toes several times. I love that it's a purple-black color. In a dim light setting the color looks black, but in sunlight or a well lit room you can tell that the color is not black. It is a very sexy color that I cannot get enough of. I wear this color many times during the summer months. Perfect for an evening event.

on 5/10/2011 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I used to wear black nail polish but after discovering Lincoln Park After Dark, I'll always wear it instead. It's a lot warmer and richer than black and looks more sophisticated and interesting. It's a great mixture, easy to apply and only needs 2 coats which is great. I always use a base coat but even moreso with this colour as it's very dark and stains without one. But overall a great colour, perfect for a funky, edgy look. Won't wear black again!

I absolutely LOVE this nail polish color. However, i did find that it was very very dark on my nails and looked black unless in bright light. It's easily fixable though, by applying another color as a base. I found that after doing that the purple was much more visible

Hope that helps!

on 4/3/2011 3:47:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This was the first OPI polish and what a great color to jump into a brand! Like other reviewers have said, this is a dark plum that looks almost black unless the right color hits it. The more layers, the darker it appears... (: I bought this for a work Christmas party and did a "french manicure" with blue-green nails and this as a "black" tip. I use this color often for a vampy effect to take away from a preppy outfit. Love this color; one of my definite favorites from OPI!!!

on 4/2/2011 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've had this polish for awhile now, and am about half way through this bottle. It's one of my favourites, and it pairs well with my darker pieces of clothing. I like the colour, a very dark purple that almost appears black when seen in darker lighting, and I feel like it adds that finishing touch to night-out outfits. If you want to try out a darker shade of polish for Autumn, but don't want to go ''full-on black'', try this shade out, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. These polishes are also very good quality. Super pigmented, last for a very long time without top-coat and don't become gloopy in the bottle over time. Will make a repurchase when I finish the bottle. :)

on 3/20/2011 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

It is just ok... I bought it because it's really popular, but I actually don't love it. Very deep purple.

Top Rated OPI Products