December 21, 2014 | 1940 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Teint Idole ULTRA [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Martina125

Pros
My HG foundation. Great on combination/acne-prone skin. My boyfriend(!) was very surprised whe he found out I wore foundation - it is that invisible - just chose the right colour and don't use too much.
It actually dries up your skin in a good way, it is more mat even without it on - Teint Idole is oil free, unlike Teint Miracle (not great). Teint Matte wasn't as good either although oil-free also.
Also tried YSL Teint Resist and No7 Intelligent colour that were both inferior. It makes skin tone very even and I think the "coverage" is fantastic but then again, I hate looking at faces ready for sanding, but even if you apply quite a lot, it still looks more natural than most. I have mild acne and a little bit patchy - with this- totally even. Does not accentuate pores. In fact it evens out your tone even when you remove it.
Goes on even when your skin is dry without causing flaky patches. Can be applied successfully with fingertips. La Basse (the pore minimiser) does nothing in combination with this so don't buy it.
It can get a tiny, and I mean, tiny bit patchy after a few hours if your skin is too dry, but that is more or a pro, because other moisturisers just wouldnt go on. Otherwise- perfect 14 hour coverage as it says on the "tin". SPF also helps.
I use it with Blush Subtil (Lancome blusher) on this to make my skin more "natural" - also a gift. Huge fan of colour no. 8 (brun roche), it is literally a head turner if applied well (they sell an assymetric brush which is good but not worth the 44 euro they ask for it).
Cons
In Ireland it costs 40 euro, which is terrible compared to US and even UK prices, so I m not impressed with that. The packaging for Lancome in general is not amazing - does the job but not too pretty.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2011 12:58:00 AM More reviews by DeAnna_Phx

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This has become my go-to liquid foundation in Bisque 0 - love it! My skin tends to be oily but with this one I rarely have to blot by 3pm (like with most other foundations).

Sheer to medium coverage; goes on flawless and feels like very natural. 2 thumbs up!

Only downside (for some people) is that does not have spf, but I usually wear sunscreen underneath all my foundations anyway so not a deal breaker for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2011 1:30:00 AM More reviews by akn8v

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

So far...I think this is as close as it's going to get for me. Dare I say...HG! Nah, I'm always looking for something better. I have oily skin that has a tendency to get dehydrated...so frustrating. With the long wearing foundations, any dryness, dehydration, or flakiness is NOT a good look. These types of foundations magnify dry areas. Keeping your skin thoroughly exfoliated and moisturized is a must and non-negotiable with the long wearing foundations. This looks gorgeous...so flawless and natural on my skin! Melts right in. Lasts all day and absolutely does not break apart or float/slide around on top of my skin. No shiny nose or forehead nearly all day. What shine I do get is minimal and I can live with it and don't "need" to blot and/or powder. I have to blot/powder my nose and forehead with estee lauder double wear and dior forever (prefer the look of dior over dw). This has great coverage. I would say medium. One pump does my whole face and if needed, I use my MAC Studio Finish on spots. I can put as little or as much as I want on my face and it looks good. Doesn't cake or suffocate my face. Opposite of Double Wear. I have to be so careful with DW and apply just the right amount or it looks terrible. I highly recommend this and love it. Check it out...get a sample first since it's a little spendy. I hope this helps:)

EDIT: now that it's summer and insanely hot, this doesn't hold up too well. i don't think many foundations can withstand 110+. double wear looks good one day and like crap the next. i love mac f&b....dior nude and forever too. when the weather cools off, i will go back to this because it is very nice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by wonderdreamz

PAUSE. if you have dry skin don't even buy this foundation you will highly regret it . I honestly don't like this foundation for many reasons. So to make it simple and short i shall say the reason why i decided to give this foundation a 2 rather than a 1. The color selection is amazing on yellow tone skin and it photographic beautifully. However this foundation might work on people with oily skin .

Now time for the cons:
MAIN REASON WHY I HATE THIS FOUNDATION-The finish is powdery and i COMPLETELY dislike that.
-It accentuates patches or any lines you may have

HOWEVER, i have found a way to make this look awesome all you do is dab a little water onto the foundation and it is not quite drying. Overall my favorite foundation from lancome so far

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by tamerella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this foundation! My shade is Bisque 8 warm. I love how smooth it makes my skin look and the finish is nice and matte. I have an olive complexion with some acne scars so I do have to use a little concealer with this foundation. I love that there is no smell and it has not broken me out.BUT..the only thing is at first it looks good for a few hours on me but then comes the orange oompa loompa face! Yeah I have tried many different samples and shades in this foundation and I have noticed that all the warm shades have an orange tint to them. I would not recommend this foundation for those like me with yellow undertones and I tried out 3 different department stores and every sales associate kept matching me in bisque 8 warm which does look good at first but then later looks orange!!! I'm so frustrated right now! My only complaint is the shade match otherwise would be great!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2011 1:31:00 PM More reviews by lesliexyang

Ok first off let me say this is not a full coverage foundation. ELDW has a bit more coverage than this, just a bit more. This foundation is more medium. I have scars and redness, this evens out the skin tone for sure, but it doesn't hide imperfections.

Pros:

Looks natural
Lasts long
Good color election

Cons:

Expensive
Not full coverage

You will like this is you need something to even out your skin tone because it will stay on all day and look natural. Do not use this if you are looking for full coverage. I had to buy a concealer to cover my blemishes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 4:31:00 PM More reviews by lizzyaustin

What a difference this foundation makes. Evens my coloring well, very smooth, great coverage, natural appearance. Matches me better than Revlon foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2011 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Louella1

This is a fantastic foundation. I have been using it for over a year now and love it. Goes on evenly and smooth and dries without looking heavy or cakey. It works well in hiding some small broken capillaries on my face and looks very natural. . Lasts all day and easy to remove at night.
It's oil free so I needed to wear a heavier moisturizer underneath during winter as my skin tends to be drier when it's cold outside.
I really like this foundation a lot and highly recommend it. It has great coverage and evens out my skin tone without looking fake or heavy..

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2011 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Caleigh2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this foundation alot, it is probably my favorite when I wear a liquid foundation. Coverage is light to medium and it feels like nothing on my skin which I hate the feeling of foundation. It has a silky powdery feel if anything when dry. It takes very little so a pump lasts me a long time, 6 months or more and that is if I am wearing it 5 days a week. I think there are a fairly good range of shades for lighter skins and the lancome sales assistants will happily give you several days supply in different shades so you can truly try before you buy. I love the hygienic pump dispenser, it works well and I have been able to get all product out of the bottom which doesn't always happen with pumps.

I have combo skin with some real oiliness in my t zone and it doesnt turn colors or become orangey on me. I wear shade ivoire 2 (c).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2011 10:28:00 AM More reviews by hairdessert

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

is this the best foundation ever? I think so (and i've tried it all)

Really feels like you're wearing nothing at all, like pigmented water. Spread so so easily.
Still it covers everything, and to look natural.

This IS second skin!