July 31, 2014 | 1303 users online

Treatments (Face) - Alpha Hydrox - AHA Souffle 12 percent Glycolic AHA

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2010 11:12:00 PM More reviews by chezkamag

So after reading all the great reviews on this product, I thought I would give it a shot. I suffered from acne since I was in middle school and Im 21 now. Alot of my acne has cleared up but now Im left with alot of hyperpigmentation and pitted scarring. I thought using this would help with the dark spots and red marks at least.

This product broke me out so bad in cystic acne and whiteheads. I used it for a little over 2 weeks and I just couldn't take it anymore. Alot of reviews on here say that it's probably the purging phase and if you continue to use it for over a month, you'll see results. I didn't want to wait anymore b/c my skin looked horrible. Not only did I break out and got left with additional red marks and scarring, it also left me more acne scars. Im talking about icepick and boxcar scars.

Im not a newbie to AHA products so I'm thinking either the formula was too strong or some other ingredient in it that just made my skin react in a bad way. I wanted so bad for this product to work but it just didn't do it for me. Some of the good things about this product (yes, there are some benefits) is that it leaves your skin really soft and glowy. I did notice that my skin wasn't flaky like it usually is. But in reality, I'd rather have flaky skin than a pimply pizza face.

I'm still living with the red marks and additional scarring. Ugh, on to the next one.....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2010 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Jinhee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a strong concentration of AHA at an affordable price that delivers. I'm a product junky and can't be faithful to any one product but this is one of many glycolic acid creams that I have on my rotation which started two decades ago. I'm a firm believer in rotating different products and letting the skin rest once in a while from one product or another. And going sans everything for a time too. I swear I look better. I find glycolic and retinol combination work for my dry, sensitive skin prone to breakouts (and getting fine lines) like a charm. Lightens everything unsightly and eases laugh lines and brightens my eye area for a rested look. But I have been using glycolics in different formulations and for many years now and it is the continued usage of AHAs that have served me well and not just one product. When I use this it is at night and when I'm not using retinol and vitamin c during the day under sunscreen. Always use sparingly.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2010 7:15:00 AM More reviews by liliesandsunshine

Just finished first jar of AH Souffle. I loved it-definitely helped with hyperpigmentation and large pores. Face is smoother as well. I personally use Souffle only at night because it stings for a bit following application and I have to slather on a lot of moisturizer and stay out of the sun to calm my face down. A lippie is subtracted because the jar is inconvenient. To be as hygienic as possible, I use q-tips to scoop the product out.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2010 4:26:00 AM More reviews by mzpkay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Update 11/17
Okay, finally figured out this was clogging pores and BREAKING ME OUT WTF. I couldn't understand it because my skin would get better then break out and repeat itself. Since I have been continually using new products I always figured they were the ones breaking me out. Uh no. I stopped using this cream and after an intense initial purge/breakout of my right cheek (which had always looked a bit congested) my skin is clearing up PROPERLY for the first time since June. I just don't get why this is breaking me out since the ingredients all looked safe enough. No silicones, mineral oil, etc. :( Too bad. I guess I'll just have to find some other AHA/Vit C/Retinol product. /update
I have only been using this product for a week, but already I'm seeing results. Less pore clogging, smoother texture, lighter skin pigmentation, etc. This cream is perfect! The only things I don't like about it is that it's in a tiny jar for around $15 and the fact that it's in a unhygienic jar. But I'm guessing that it will last a while to compensate for its price and as for dipping fingers into the jar, I would NEVER not wash my hands before touching my face so I guess it doesn't matter whether it's in a jar or something else. Overall, this is a great cream for all of your skin problems like acne and wrinkles. Definitely a must-buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2010 4:17:00 AM More reviews by happywoman28

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is very smoothing. I put this on at night after using my Clairsonic and wake up with skin that's smooth as glass. It also makes the tiny blackheads I've always had on my nose almost nonexistant unless I look in my magnifying mirror. I had been using Renova 2.5% which is Retin-A and nothing really compares with that as far as making my skin beautiful but since it is so expensive I thought I would give this a try. This comes very close. There is just one thing wrong and that is that it is a bit drying.
In fact when I put this under my eyes I have the most hideous wrinkles the next day from where the skin has shrunk and dried up. These are temporarly thank goodness. I have zero wrinkles under my eyes thanks to the miracle of laser treatments but I must remember to never use this there. It shrinks the eyelid skin up like a wrinkled prune. Any oil or moisture seems to be sucked right out by this intense alphy hydroxy acid cream. So this is actually better for oilier skin. But even at my advanced age, this does wonders. It is outstanding for evening out skintone where there has been sun damage. I am thinking I will stick with the Renova, but put this on my nose and left side of my face where the sun damage is. No smell at all to this and a very nice light whipped texture.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2010 9:16:00 PM More reviews by KimberlyDoll10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Benzoyl peroxide and glycolic acid is my magic combination to getting rid of my acne and keeping it away. My skin is still not perfect because I still do get zits from time to time but it is much better now and I still have some scarring leftover from my acne ridden teenage years. Before, for 3 years I used Neutrogenas Healthy Skin Lotion with 6-8% AHA in it but it eventually got discontinued...hence why I tried this. I am glad I did though because the bumpup in concentration of AHA (this is 12% concentration) was the key. I first tried the gel version of this with 10% AHA but then I moved onto the Souffle and I am glad I did because it works much better for me.

Using this has improved my acne and skin tone and it has done a fair amount of helping to lighten my acne scars that a lotion could possibly do. I find my MUAC glycolic peels do a better job with the scars because they have a 30-50% AHA concentration. I use this after my BP lotion at night only and this is a staple in my skincare regimen. I do however rotate this nightly with MUAC's Gly Luronic Serum. The Gly Luronic Serum is quicker to put on (I do have to use a fair amount of the souffle and rub it in) and it has a 15% concentration of AHA. But I do not want to use such a high amount of AHA daily especially when I am doing peels so thats why I rotate the serum with the Souffle.

My only real complaint is that this isnt too sanitary....dipping your fingers in the jar.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2010 9:30:00 AM More reviews by laurore44

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

First things first: If you buy this product, you must also buy a good sunscreen and use it religiously. We're talking SPF 50.

I bought this to treat my acne and wrinkles. I'd been using ROC retinol cream; but during a particularly bad breakout, it just wasn't exfoliating my skin enough, and I know from experience that chemical exfoliation is what prevents acne for me. (Physical exfoliation doesn't do much, and my skin doesn't like to be scrubbed anyway.)

The first time I used the Alpha Hydrox Souffle, my skin turned red and I felt like I had a sunburn. So I had to lay off of it for a few days. But I didn't give up; a few days later, I used it again, this time just in the acne-affected areas. (It's o.k. to use it on healed-over scabs, but don't use it on broken skin! It will hurt.)

As everyone warns, your skin will get worse before it gets better. And sure enough, I got at least 4 new pimples that first week.

But I persevered and continued to use it. Now it's been a week, and my skin is much clearer and calmer. The blackheads on my nose are gone. My skin is very soft, and the serum I use (Olay Regenerist) soaks in much better.

After a few days of spot treatment, I am now able to use the Alpha Hydrox Souffle all over my face (once daily at night) without irritation.

I will continue to use this and will report if I experience any ill effects. But so far, after just one week of use, I'm really impressed.

UPDATE: I used this for about a month and then switched to my favorite AHA toner (Aqua Glycolic), which I prefer to this product. I was pleased with the Alpha Hydrox Souffle, but I decided that I prefer a toner to a cream for exfoliating.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2010 8:15:00 AM More reviews by Malik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product. I have been using this product for about 4 months and the results are amazing! My pores are smaller, my complexion is more even, and it has even made my acne scars smaller!

My HG cream!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2010 11:11:00 PM More reviews by ashiunia

I have been using this product for about two weeks now and I'm surprised how well it works. I was skeptical that a $15 creme would work on my skin and I was proven wrong. I have an oily T-zone which is prone to single pimples, blackheads and open pores. On top of that the skin around my forehead and nose flakes (always made me wonder how this is possible when there's so much oil in that area). Now, everything seem to be going away and my skin looks healthier. My pores are smaller, there are less blackheads and my skin does not flake - it almost feels like the cream dissolves all the dead skin.

My skin is soft and has that "dewy" look to it. Also, my skin had some uneven tones but that seemed to go away as well. My light skin looks even lighter and healthier.

For my current skincare regimen please read my notepad. The current products I use are really working wonders on my skin.

PS: I also use Alpha Hydrox on my decollete - it works better than any scrub!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2010 12:13:00 PM More reviews by sunnybunny2610

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to purchase the AHA Souffle 12% after reading all the glowing reviews below. I was sceptical at first as I have had no positive experiences with previous products containing AHAs, such as SKII and Clinique. Moreover being from South East Asia, USD$15.00 is quite a considerable amount for me to pay (but at least it's still cheaper than SKII and Clinique!).

My skin's not really troublesome. My acne phase has long gone with my teen years. Prior to using AHA Souffle I was battling with blackheads and an oily T-Zone. My cleansing regime involves a cocoa butter cleanser to remove mascara (which I make at home) followed by Anne French Deep Cleansing Milk (of which it's my HG cleanser) followed by a rose water and ACV toner (which I also make at home) and finally followed either with a Clarins Lotus oil (for night) or Dr Hauschka Rose Creme (for day). My concern prior to using the AHA Souffle was to address the unevenness in skin tone and the constant blackheads.

In April this year, about 4 days after I started my dosage of the AHA Souffle I have to say I was impressed with the results. I was amazed at its exfoliating properties. The following day, after my first night of application, when I used a cotton wool (which was moist with the deep cleanser) to swipe around my face the debris picked up by the cotton wool was brown! (and this is the first time I seeing the souffle's strong exfoliating properties). It was by the 5th cotton wool that I noticed it was getting less brown.

It's the end of June and I have to say, my skin is so baby-smooth. The pores around my nose have minimized a lot from the time I started using it until now. My skin is less oily. My forehead reflects light, evenly! I am now concentrating on the rough patches and pock marks (which is getting less and less noticeable as the days go by) on my cheeks. My foundation (which I used to cursed upon application as it slides off my face by mid-day in a humid weather) goes on easily and looks so much more prettier on my skin! The blackheads, for the first time, are all gone and the pores on the nose are getting less noticeable with constant night-application of the souffle.

The down-side to this souffle is the smell (which is advertised as 'fragrance-free'). If only Neoteric added a slight floral / citrusy fragrance it would be a pleasure to use. Also, as with the description of the product on the Neoteric website it says that stinking on the skin is to be expected and I do experienced stinking on the skin but only for about 5 minutes and then it's gone. I have to say, on my first week of the use of this souffle my skin went red and dry and then in the second week, it peeled so bad. I followed the advise given on the Neoteric website and slather a facial moisturiser and the dryness slowly subsided. BUT all that redness, dryness and skin pealing was WORTH IT! My skin is glowing now!

I am giving it another 4 months to see concrete results but have to say that the 1st month of application was enough to convince me that USD$15.00 is a reasonable price to pay for this amazing product. It's now my HG exfoliating cream. I am also using Philosophy's Microdelivery Peel on a once a month basis (and it's after my monthly facial steaming session).

I only hope Neoteric will continue to manufacture this amazing souffle at the current reasonable price.

All I can say now is that I can't leave without this souffle.

UPDATE: My skin concerns such as pock marks are slowly fading away! Absolutely in lurve with this product.

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No