Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle 12 percent Glycolic AHA

4.1

Water, Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Stearic Acid, PEG 40 Stearate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 2, Hydrolyzed Lupine Protein (Peptides), Green Tea Extract, Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Xanthan Gum, PVM/MA Decadene Crosspolymer, Imidazolidinyl Urea, BHT

on 11/10/2010 2:47:00 PM

love this stuff iam very acne prone and it has not broken out my skin like other creams have, i use this every night and i use the 10% enhanced cream in the morning and it has given me great results. My skin got really bad after i had my baby ( he is 2) i was left with red acne scar on my chin and cheeks.. i was so embarassed to be seen with no make up on so i decided to either find a good cream or treatment that would clear it up or i was going to save up and get laser.. iam go glad i found this on MA i dont even have to wear heavy concealer anymore to cover it up!! ive used this for almost one year and it has faded my scars so much my husband even asked me what i was using because it makes me glow in the morning. I wish i would have taken before and after pictures... i love thats its not ridiculously expensive and that it actually works. Use it continously and im sure you will see great results as well

on 11/10/2010 4:06:00 AM

i've read so many excellent reviews on this product, unfortunately it's not for me..

i have very oily, acne prone, sensitive skin.. i was hoping this cream would help to clear out my acne.. since it's not available in my country, i have to buy it from an online blogger who also has to import it from US.. which makes the price much higher

this cream irritated my skin that i broke out so badly.. probably the worst breakout i've ever had in my entire life.. i had pimples all over my face

at first i applied it every 3 days and stopped after 3 applications because of the bad reaction.. but the pimples remained

after stopping for two weeks i decided to give it another try.. i used it every night for the next two weeks.. then the horrible thing happened.. my skin broke out even worse than before

it took me almost 3 months to clear out all the acne.. i didn't wear any make up in those 3 months because my skin was so itchy and irritated

i would never recommend this cream to anyone with sensitive, acne prone skin like mine.. i think the 12% AHA is just too much for my skin, since i also had the same reaction when using Diacneal from Avene (6% AHA, i think)

i'm not even sure if i'll ever use any product with glycolic acid again in the future after the bad experience, despite how effective it is to fight certain skin problems

on 11/9/2010 9:51:00 AM

HG!!!

I love AlphaHydrox AHA Souffle. My skin tolerates it well with no adverse reactions. It doesn't clog my pores or make me break out. It leaves my skin soft and smooth. My fine lines are fading and even some of my more obvious lines are disappearing. I'm not a huge fan of the tub packaging, but it's a stable product and I'm not losing anything. It's inexpensive and effective.

What more could I want?

on 11/8/2010 6:14:00 PM

So far Great! Its true that when u first start using this ur skin will 'purge' not because it causes new breakouts but it forces the ones that are s
'starting up' to come out... this usually meant white looking heads....it DEF had an effect on my skin.

This i also use as a spot treatment and i can actually say out of all the lotions ive ever tried , this along with their actual lotion, makes the most difference in my skin.

best of all its cheap .. around 11-16 dollars at drugstore.com
bad news: hard to find in actual stores

actually the lotion is cheap, this is an unfair price i would say cuz the package is kinda small for the price, but still i would def repurchase...

what other drugstore treatment can u get for under 20 bucks that offers 12% AHA and pf 4? Those usual items cost around 30+

so i guess this is pretty cheap!

be patient, because most likely ull purge the first few weeks... but thats a good thing ...cuz its taking all the nasties out! :P

UPDATE: Now after almost 3 weeks... my skin is starting to go back to bein clear again..YEAAAAYY I can dEF say this had a major PART in it.

on 10/20/2010 12:09:00 PM

I bought this product after reading all the rave reviews. While it is a very good AHA product at the right pH I felt that the base was too heavy for me..felt very greasy. Definitely a wonderful option for drier skin types.

on 9/24/2010 11:10:00 AM

I bought this because I saw all the good reviews on it. I was just looking around the Ulta website, and saw this and decided to look up reviews on it. Well, good thing I saw this! I have sensitive acne prone skin, but since I've been on birth control, my acne has since cleared up. I still get every now and then zits, and I still have SLIGHT pit scars and just overall uneven skin tone. I used this with no problems! It didn't make me greasy, and it didn't break me out like it has maybe done others. I say just try it, because I have sensitive skin, and I've had no problems! It has cleared up my uneven skin tone (little random bumps that weren't exactly zits, blotchiness, etc) , and it has just made my skin smoother! I quit using this for a few weeks because I read somewhere you should take a week break every now and then. Well, after that week was up I forgot to start it back up. I kept getting frustrated because my skin started to look horrible! I scheduled a microdermabrasion at a spa and everything. Well, I looked in my cabinet and saw my trusty product that I had neglected to use. Sure enough! The first time I used it again I got one or two purge zits that cleared up in a single day. (I'm guessing that's what they were, and that was the first time id had done that too)
Please try this! and give it a week or two before you judge it! :)

on 9/8/2010 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

So after reading all the great reviews on this product, I thought I would give it a shot. I suffered from acne since I was in middle school and Im 21 now. Alot of my acne has cleared up but now Im left with alot of hyperpigmentation and pitted scarring. I thought using this would help with the dark spots and red marks at least.

This product broke me out so bad in cystic acne and whiteheads. I used it for a little over 2 weeks and I just couldn't take it anymore. Alot of reviews on here say that it's probably the purging phase and if you continue to use it for over a month, you'll see results. I didn't want to wait anymore b/c my skin looked horrible. Not only did I break out and got left with additional red marks and scarring, it also left me more acne scars. Im talking about icepick and boxcar scars.

Im not a newbie to AHA products so I'm thinking either the formula was too strong or some other ingredient in it that just made my skin react in a bad way. I wanted so bad for this product to work but it just didn't do it for me. Some of the good things about this product (yes, there are some benefits) is that it leaves your skin really soft and glowy. I did notice that my skin wasn't flaky like it usually is. But in reality, I'd rather have flaky skin than a pimply pizza face.

I'm still living with the red marks and additional scarring. Ugh, on to the next one.....

on 9/8/2010 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

This is a strong concentration of AHA at an affordable price that delivers. I'm a product junky and can't be faithful to any one product but this is one of many glycolic acid creams that I have on my rotation which started two decades ago. I'm a firm believer in rotating different products and letting the skin rest once in a while from one product or another. And going sans everything for a time too. I swear I look better. I find glycolic and retinol combination work for my dry, sensitive skin prone to breakouts (and getting fine lines) like a charm. Lightens everything unsightly and eases laugh lines and brightens my eye area for a rested look. But I have been using glycolics in different formulations and for many years now and it is the continued usage of AHAs that have served me well and not just one product. When I use this it is at night and when I'm not using retinol and vitamin c during the day under sunscreen. Always use sparingly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Just finished first jar of AH Souffle. I loved it-definitely helped with hyperpigmentation and large pores. Face is smoother as well. I personally use Souffle only at night because it stings for a bit following application and I have to slather on a lot of moisturizer and stay out of the sun to calm my face down. A lippie is subtracted because the jar is inconvenient. To be as hygienic as possible, I use q-tips to scoop the product out.

on 8/30/2010 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Update 11/17
Okay, finally figured out this was clogging pores and BREAKING ME OUT WTF. I couldn't understand it because my skin would get better then break out and repeat itself. Since I have been continually using new products I always figured they were the ones breaking me out. Uh no. I stopped using this cream and after an intense initial purge/breakout of my right cheek (which had always looked a bit congested) my skin is clearing up PROPERLY for the first time since June. I just don't get why this is breaking me out since the ingredients all looked safe enough. No silicones, mineral oil, etc. :( Too bad. I guess I'll just have to find some other AHA/Vit C/Retinol product. /update
I have only been using this product for a week, but already I'm seeing results. Less pore clogging, smoother texture, lighter skin pigmentation, etc. This cream is perfect! The only things I don't like about it is that it's in a tiny jar for around $15 and the fact that it's in a unhygienic jar. But I'm guessing that it will last a while to compensate for its price and as for dipping fingers into the jar, I would NEVER not wash my hands before touching my face so I guess it doesn't matter whether it's in a jar or something else. Overall, this is a great cream for all of your skin problems like acne and wrinkles. Definitely a must-buy!

Popular Treatments (Face)