April 18, 2014 | 933 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Skinfinish-Stereo Rose

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Asianbarbiee91

I Love this MSF. I was lucky enough snatch one from the new collection, In the Groove. I haven't had the opportunity to try the original Stereo Rose that was released years ago (some say the formula/color is different). Anyway, I think it's gorgeous on my fair yellow toned asian skin. It gives me a light coral, warm flush. It brightens up my face and I use it as a blush, definitely not as a highlighter. I mix it with By Candlelight MSF or Shimpagne and it's quite gorgeous. My best friend got me another Stereo Rose for my birthday so I'm happier than ever.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2010 6:27:00 PM More reviews by RJJ

Gorgeous MSF but definitely not better than my HG Light Flush. It is nice but reminds me a lot of MAC's springsheen.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 10:23:00 AM More reviews by ladyinsane25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Stereo Rose! I have literally been stalking this product for over a month now. I'm not particularly attracted to corals but I saw the ITG collection on Temptalia and found out the hype about this product from there.

Since then I have literally looked at EVERY review for it and have had a mental debate about whether or not to get it the whole time lol. I finally decided that I'd get it if I liked my first swatch of it. TBH I was expecting it to be an overhyped product but I was pleasantly surprised. The collection launched in my country (Hong Kong) today and they actually had plenty in stock. (I didn't have to pre-order/get in line/wake up extra early) Perhaps people here are not aware of how coveted this product is.

For reference, I am an NC40/NC42 (Indian skin). I swatched this product at the store and I really liked it. It is a coral colour with a lovely sheen. I definitely don't think it is very shimmery. I have Soft and Gentle and I find that EXTREMELY glittery. Also thought By Candlelight was pretty shimmery but this has a really pretty finish. It gives a glowy look which i have been after for ages. I used it today and applied it on my cheekbones and a little below and sprtized with Fix+ (trust me it DOES make a difference). It gave a really nice glow and I'm very pleased with it. The texture is really soft and buttery. I cannot do any comparisons since this is my first coral product ever (cannot resist my pinks) but if you can get your hands on this, definitely do :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2010 2:04:00 AM More reviews by hoshiakari

There'd been so much hype over this product that I had to try it for myself to see what the fuss is all about. While it wouldn't have been the end of the world had they sold out before I'd gotten my paws on it, it's a very good product. It gives me a nice, healthy glow-y look and I love it. Would definitely buy again (in five years, perhaps? lol)!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2010 3:40:00 PM More reviews by icypeeches

I have been anticipating the launch of this product ever since it was whispered on Specktra that it would be re-promoted in July. I'm really lucky that my Mac store was able to hold one for me since I was on vacation during the launch. It was love at first swipe. On my NC25 complexion this gives me a natural gorgeous glow. Stereo rose is a coral with a gorgeous sheen. In my opinion it is worth the hype.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2010 2:00:00 AM More reviews by EmbalmerBabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just picked this gem up today, it is gorgeous. It has a glowing peachy aura about it with a luminescent pink quality, it lights up your face and this is a smashing summer cheek shade. It buffs on like a dream with the 187 skunk brush. Goes on like butter and looks like a dream.I saw pics of this in the past and it did not appeal to me, in person this is truly a stand out product from all the rest. I marked to not purchase again because one MSF will last me a looooonnnngggg time. A+

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by makeupMichelle10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm glad I got there early to try this out and purchase it. Its a great summer blush against my NC25 skin. I dont know what people are talking about with the dome being smaller, my dome is fully there...?? But I dont know what the old one was like, but I love this. Mine is not too shimmery at all, but I got to pick mine out and got the one with more veining. :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by glowkitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

So I bought into the hype of Stereo Rose and found myself at my counter at 10AM just to get it! I'm very glad I did though because it is a lovely lovely shade of coral/pink. I know a lot of people were complaining of how it is nothing like the original Stereo Rose released years ago. Well, I didn't have the original, but I do love my re-promote :) When I got home to use it, I literally just squealed because I thought it was that awesome! Like others have said, this is more of a blush than a highlighter or MSF. It is a very lovely shade on my skin tone. I really don't own any kind of coral blushes, so this is quite nice! I am sure there are a lot of dupes out there as well, though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2010 9:11:00 PM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Not sure why MAC didn't promote this product as a mineralized blush, because that is what it is, this stuff is hella pigmented on my NC15 skin. I wish all MSF's were like this, Stereo Rose deposts colour and leaves a sheen on your skin, not a sparkle or glittery mess. Not sure why everyone is buying "back ups" because you will never run out of this stuff. Great product. Loving it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2010 8:24:00 AM More reviews by downtownbebebrown

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

So this was a much hyped product from 5+ years ago when MSFs first came out... So i have heard.
The color is what all below have said coral-rose. Its very beautiful and i can see why people love it. I was worried it would be to orangey...Not at all =)