Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

3.8

INGREDIENTS: water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, glycerin, birch bark extract, lady's thistle extract, green tea leaf extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, sucrose, aloe barbadensis leaf water, trehalose, hydroxyethyl urea, sorbitol, oleth-10, tromethamine, caffeine, hydrogenated lecithin, hydrolyzed extensin, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, palmitoyl olgiopeptide, caprylyl glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl polymethacrylate, peg-8, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolumer, magnesuim ascorbyl phosphate, carbomer, hexylene glycol, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, red 4 (CI 14700), yellow 5 (CI 19140) [ILN33654].

on 3/15/2014 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I never used Clinique prior to this. I forgot to take my Clarins with me while traveling and bought Clinique out of desperation. I wish I could write something good on this product but it broke me out so bad :( I applied correctly as the SA advised. I have one whole jar left, been applying on my legs & feet.. not like it's hydrating, though. I just don't know what else to do with it.

on 2/19/2014 1:55:00 PM

love love love this product !!! I already purchased my second one of this..It makes my skin super smooth and silky ,makes my foundation glides on easily ..the only bad thing about it is the price it's a little bit too pricy but i'll keep repurchasing cuz am in love with this stuff!

on 2/18/2014 9:47:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

My absolute holy grail moisturiser, I have never found another to equal. This moisturising gel sinks into your skin leaving it hydrated and refreshed. It never feels greasy or thick, which is perfect for my normal-oily combination skin. It really is like giving your skin a drink. I've even used it as a hydration mask by applying it thickly, leaving it for a bit then smoothing the excess in. The only negatives for this product would be the packaging which, though nice to look at, is impractical and unhygienic and the price, $60AUD. But in saying that I still continue to buy and enjoy this product and plan on doing so in the future.

on 2/8/2014 10:14:00 PM

This is the best moisturizer I've ever tried. I have oily skin everywhere but my mouth and chin area where it's super dry. I prefer a gel moisturizer rather than a cream because creams don't sink into my skin and just make my face look greasy. The jar says this is a gel creme and I think that's the perfect way to describe it it's a cross between the two. It doesn't make my oily skin look greasy and it really hydrates my dry areas. I don't think I'll have to change moisturizers in the summer since it's a gel. It also makes my skin soooo soft and smooth to the point where my boyfriend noticed. I know. I kinda wish this came in a pump bottle so I use the right amount and I don't have to stick my fingers in the jar but whatev. I love clinique skincare and this is my holy grail.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is my HG moisturizer. I've struggled with dry skin all my life. I live in Wisconsin, so winter is a real ordeal, and for years my face would get red and flaky. I tried everything to combat it... from Aquafor to Clinique Dramatically Different and Night Rescue. They would work in the summer, but winter would be the same scaley mess again.

Then about 2 years ago I received this as a deluxe sample at Sephora and it all changed. I haven't had problems with dryness at all. I've gone through two winters with this now, and made it through with glowing skin. It doesn't make me oily (another problem with my skin), or cause issues with my makeup. I actually like the gel-like formula, it goes on cool and makes my skin feel really refreshed.

I have combination skin that gives me uncomfortable dry patches but still a shiny nose. No lotion I've tried would properly hydrate until I found this stuff.

Definitely extended thirst relief - my face immediately feels like I've stuck it in a waterfall of moisture - but that being said, I've still put makeup over it and never noticed extra oiliness or my makeup melting off. The hydration lasts for a long time, and I even noticed my dry patches disappear.

After talking with a Clinique consultant, I found that applying over the yellow DDML lotion allows more to absorb and a fresher looking face. I typically use at night, but also over makeup whenever I'm feeling dry. It's seriously wonderful. (I also started using the MS fortifying lotion since the winter became so harsh. No dry patches, happy skin. Will not stop using.)

on 1/9/2014 10:08:00 PM

I got a deluxe sample of this from Sephora and thought I'd give it a go while on a 10 day vacation this past month. I am not a fan of the texture at all. It is gel-like than other gel-creams I've used in the past and I'm really not a fan of the consistency. It also does not moisturize my skin that well at all. I have combination skin with cheeks that get really dry in the wintertime so I thought that this would be perfect, but my skin continuously felt really dry even though I was using it over the balancing lotion (Shiseido Eudermine) and serum (Caudalie Vinoperfect) that I usually use. This product didn't break me out or do anything really bad to my skin, but my skin and complexion definitely took a couple steps back while I was using this. I will definitely not be purchasing a full size.

on 1/8/2014 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Go this as a sample. Didn't like the gel like consistency. Didn't do anything for my sensitive combination skin but I think it could benefit those with very dry skin.

on 1/6/2014 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this product. It's in my top 2!

So light weight and moisturising. Leaves my skin feeling lovely and soft, and is nice and delicate around the eye area. It's also great under makeup, doesn't 'ball' up, slide or look oily. Instead it soaks in fast leaving the perfect base for foundation. There's also no noticeable fragrance which is a plus.

I have relatively dry skin and find that it works like a charm in solving dry areas, so definitely worth giving a go!

on 12/31/2013 1:31:00 AM

I'm on my 2nd one with this moisturizer and I can't believe i waited so long to write a review for it. I love this moisturizer so much for the following reasons:
1. doesn't break me out (some moisturizer did)
2. it is light weight, you don't feel like you've put on layers of stuffs. and yet it gets absorb quickly into skin
3. no fragrance huge huge HUGE PLUS! yay
4. during the cold winter days it keep my face soft for like 8+ hours outdoor
love it love it love it~

dislike:
1. during hot summer days this makes my face a bit oily
2. and it is a bit pricy...well you pay what you get. But its totally worth it. ;D