April 19, 2014 | 862 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Tuts311

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this product a few years ago to use as a moisturiser , while talking to a Clinique SA one day she explained to me that this isn't meant to be used as a moisturiser its a "top up" for your skin if it needs extra moisture on top of your regular routine. She said you can a apply a layer and leave it to soak in like a mask depending on what your skin needs. explained a lot because I had friends complaining that it didn't do much for them, which was obviously because they were using it in place of a moisturiser and then obviously wouldn't be using enough of it to see a result.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by heycourtanayxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

THIS PRODUCT IS AMAZING!!! My HG for sure! I get oily in my T-zone and this product is water based so what the heck am I doing! It feels like you're putting water on your face at first, but then it just soaks into your skin. I use it day and night and my face just feels so soft and smooth. For a while I ran out and decided I didn't need to use it and it was too expensive. During that time I knew that was a horrible, horrible decision. My face just felt horrible and gross. My mom bought the product for me for Christmas and I instantly applied, my amazing skin was BACK!
If you feel like you're missing something, BUY THIS PRODUCT!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by scb8551

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Expensive product, but SO worth it! I have always used a cream-based moisturizer, but they always feel heavy on me and break me out. I decided to splurge a few weeks ago on this and I don't regret it. This moisturizer hydrates my face and make it much easier for me to apply my makeup. No break outs so far! I love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 1:50:00 AM More reviews by fabulousgalz4ever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this product!!! The gel is somewhat thick, yet lightweight at the same time!! It moisturizes my skin and keeps it soft. This is more hydrating than the dramatically different moisturizing gel. I highly recommend it!!^^

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by PinkCarnation

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this as my daytime moisturizer winter and summer. It is not sticky or tacky. Leaves my skin feeling fresh and helps my makeup go on smoother.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by hwangfany

Expensive, but works perfectly! It totally moisturizes my skin. My skin feels like it did when I was only six years old and that's saying something. It greatly reduced the intensity of my breakouts too. So great but expensive, don't really know if I'd want to buy more, but it's definitely the best moisturizer I've tried so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by cmayes71

This stuff is amazing. It has been out a long time. I finally decided to try it because of my winter dry skin. This gives my skin the moisture it needs. It feels wonderful on. It makes my face feel cool and hydrated. It is not greasy at all. It absorbs right in. The next day my fine lines are barely noticeable. My skin looks plump. I love it and will continue purchasing it. It is oil free. I also like the eye massage that goes with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by missanonymous168

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this moisturizer!! I will use it forever. This is my second year using it. My skin is extremely oily and last winter my skin suddenly became unbearably dry. My skin just kept flaking everywhere on my face, it was disgusting to look at. I bought other moisturizers and slathered it on continuously (not an exaggeration) throughout the day to no avail, they did absolutely NOTHING for my skin. Didn't moisturize my skin one bit. I really felt hopeless because nothing was working and my skin looked horrible. Finally I bought this at Sephora. At first I had to slather it on several times a day whenever my skin started flaking again, but it eventually returned my skin to normal!! I stopped using it after winter because it's too strong and made my face too oily, then this winter same thing: my skin became really dry, and again this product did the trick. I only use it at night before going to bed because my skin is too oily to be moisturized twice a day. I put it on my dry patches before doing make-up. I've noticed that it helps fade my acne scars faster!! I know the jar's not sanitary, but I love it anyways because I can keep and re-use it to store other little things. Also: my skin is very acne prone, and it has never broken me out.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2012 8:49:00 PM More reviews by annamail84

I received this in a set with an eye cream, lip gloss and a smaller version of Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief Intense. I really didn't think it would be moisturising enough and was more interested in trying the 'intense' version. I have been pleasantly surprised at how this product is working for me. I use it at night after cleansing and toning and it provides the perfect amount of moisture and is not sticky afterwards. I don't feel like I'm wearing moisturiser once it sinks in and I wake up with lovely looking and feeling skin every morning. It also doesn't cause any blemishes which a lot of moisturisers do for me. A nice product but a little pricey. I might purchase again depending on offers Clinique have at the time.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2012 6:42:00 PM More reviews by jessiflower_x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

After a mad moment during which I declared my love for Clinique - very out of character for me as a nature girl - I bought this for my skin that was rejecting the change to English weather after living in the sun for a few years.

The most important thing for me is that this is oil-free. One of the reasons I've returned to the less natural side of skin care is because oil is my biggest acne trigger (I don't care what these OCM people say) and oil-free products are rare in the natural world.

I like the silkiness this has to the touch, it feels luxurious and a little goes a long way in application. The moisturising properties, however, are a little disappointing as it seems to pick up on all my dry patches and my skin still doesn't feel as comfortable as it could. A random effect is that is seems to encourage me to have a hot flush not long after I've applied it...probably not a good sign in terms of reactions :(

So all in all, I won't repurchase, especially as I have my eye on the new Nars Aqua Gel!