April 18, 2014 | 1799 users online

Powder - Clinique - Superpowder Double Face Makeup

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2008 1:50:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

This is a powder and a foundation in one.Comes in the classic green clinique compact case along with a sponge.The coverage is buildable light to full.Has natural matte finish but doesn't control oil production at all.Works best on drier skins.I have oily skin and I can't wear this powder too often because especially the summer feels heavy and oily.From all the shades I found the natural beige more suitable for me(I m nc 25-30)but still it's not the perfect match because this shade tends to be more pink than beige.The think I like most about this product is the coverage other than that I m not so happy with this because feels heavy on me and it's too oily.Didn't break me out though

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2008 10:38:00 AM More reviews by isabellexmc

I bought this product at the airport in duty free simply because once passing through secruity i relised that my mac blot powder was practically empty (i cannot live without my blot powder because i get oily around nose and even tho its barely there and not noticable, i hate being shiny and i would be extra oily during my week holiday in portugal..) so i bought this powder in 07 matte neutral.. same shade as my medium dark blot powder. as always with clinique i loved the packaging, green and lovely and comes with a nice soft applicator sponge. but this powder was very heavy and even if just dabbed around nose, i feel as if my makeup will crack and flake off making my skin look dry, which it isnt, it is very moisturized and 'perfect' in consistancy, i wear this above my studio fix fluid in NW30, it is good undereye, brightens up and makes look alive, doesnt set foundation and when used with my SFF makes me look grubby, as if i have left yesterdays makeup on and just added more, it will patch and become dark..

generally for me and what i wanted, i hate this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2008 7:34:00 AM More reviews by hounddog1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I loved this superpowder in shade 02 In the wintertime when I am in my palest and we live into darkness here. It covers so well! It is like I do not even need a concealer. So when the summer came (this has happened to me so many times before it is embarrasing really) I checked my makeup on the natural strong light I was horrified. I looked cakey, powdery patchy orangey, I looked like one of those people makeupgeeks make fun off! I hate winter, my only hope is that no one else noticed because they did not have natural light either. But I strongly doubt it. Eek. I do not use this again, ever. I have actually decided to quit pressed powders all together. The only positive remarks are that it is fragrance free, did not break out my skin and it performed great under the eye shadow, even tho the color was really off, and I liked the modest green packaging that does not show any fingerprints.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2008 10:03:00 PM More reviews by mcmunson

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I simply love this product. I apply it with my Japonesque powder brush, which is huge and fluffy, building the layers until the coverage looks right. I use the sponge it comes with for application under my eyes and around my nose. What surprises me the most about this product is that, even though I consider my t-zone oily and have always worn oil-free foundations (like BB, LM), this is not oil-free and yet I have had no problems. Sure, I have to blot a couple hours after application but that's the case with any of my foundations. I am blonde, blue-eyed, rosacea undertones, NW 20 and I wear Matte Beige. The compact is Clinique's classic square, it's around $19 which is a bargain considering I was spending $40 on my prior HG, LM Oil-Free. This is so much easier to apply with the brush, is portable, and matches my skintone perfectly. Will certainly rebuy!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2008 10:00:00 PM More reviews by clarabella66

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a love/hate relationship with this powder. It says it's a double makeup, but I'm never too sure how I'm supposed to use it as just foundation by itself. I usually use it with a brush and try to dust it over my foundation if I want my foundation to last, but this seems to brush off any concealer that I've put on....maybe I'm not applying it correctly!??! Other than that though, I guess it's a good powder - really haven't had much experiences with them... I prefer to wear liquid foundation all the time and prefer the dewy look rather than matte. So this has lasted me quite a while. However, I find that if I wear it by itself, or if I try to put too much on over my foundation, I get little pimples which doesn't make me happy at all. Maybe I'll go ask the Clinique SA next time for an alternative.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2008 12:14:00 AM More reviews by missL5678

I just got this product the other day, and so far I really like it. I'm very fair and my skin is slightly acne prone. I find that it blends well with my skin and covers well.
I've been using it over Smashbox photo finish primer and Clinique airbrush concealer.
---------------------------------------------------------
After using it for over a week, it made my skin very oily and it just looked bad....cakey, powdery.....gross! I switched to MAC studio fix....and I'm not going back!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2008 7:33:00 AM More reviews by KKAI

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This the only MU item that I have repurchased so many times ( more than five). I first tried it on ten years ago and I was impressed by its coverage and the colour ( 07 Neutral) seemed to be almost perfect for me. Now, that I have gained some MU wisdom and have become more demanding I can see its flaws: yes, it can become chalky if overapplied and it can change colour if you are too oily but it still remains a good product. I will continue to repurchase until I find something better.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2008 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

I truly do like the coverage that it provides. However, that is the ony positive thing that I have to say about this product. It has somewhat of an odd scent to it. Also, it oxidizes on my face, turning it darker and more orange as the hours go by. And, with contiued use, I saw breakouts from it.

I do not plan to re-purchase this powder ever again. It is one of my worst Clinique purchases ever!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2008 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I think I found my HG powder foundation. This stuff is absolutely wonderful! it cover imperfections so fast and it looks so clean and matte, my favorite look. I went to Clinique and the SA gave me this in matte honey. I knew it was to dark but I thought since she was an expert that maybe I would give it a try. The color was WAY to dark and pinkish for me, but the texture and look felt great. So I went back yesterday and compared the testers and picked out Matte Neutral without the SA's help. I know my skin better. I tried it today over my Marcelle true radiance foundation and I love the look I got. Even my blush looks better.

I was using Marcelle's pressed powder, but it was to drying and oxidized on me later through the day. I never tried a department store makeup before and thought I would spend some extra cash (with all the powders I have tried and have sucked I would have been able to have at least 10 of these powders already!)
The price isn't my favorite think in the world. I paid $26.00 thats including tax. I don't mind the compact. But I like the perfectly real makeup compact better, its more sanitary since you can store your makeup puff away from the powder. All in all I Love this stuff and I'm glad I gave Clinique a chance. I think next I might buy the perfectly real compact to see how that works. For now I'm in Love with this :) but my skin has a tendency to sort of get to use to a product and rejects it so when this runs out I might try something else...

EDIT>>>>>>

Yup, my skin has officially rejected this product, my skin has gotten more oily and and the color is way to pink. I just recently colored my hair a lighter color and realized that the color match wasn't perfect, it was way to pink and then I realized that I don't feel like shelling out $30 each time I need a new powder....I'm officially done using this stuff, it was good till I dyed my hair, but I found another great match with another powder :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2008 9:32:00 PM More reviews by dolce_1127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

WOW!!! Absolutely HORRIBLE. You'd think powders remind you of de-shining the face? WRONG. It strongly encourages your face to become a mirror. I don't get why they recommended me this thing in the first place? I have normal skin, sometimes dry, sometimes oily. When I first put this powder on, It looks great, like the powdery makeup they say alright. 1 hour later, guess what, my face becomes a gorgeous mirror. I have NEVER seen my face in that condition before. Absolutely gross.. Second day I tried it again just incase I was in a very oily condition the other day. Same thing happened. It is going BACK to the store, along with my complaints about the person that recommended this to me.