Clinique Superpowder Double Face Makeup

3.8

new:: Talc, Isostearyl Linoleate, Titanium Dioxide, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Trimyristin, Alumina, Methicone, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate.May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Manganese Violet, Red 30 Lake, Carmine, Bismuth Oxychloride, Red 7 Lake, Ultramarines

on 1/25/2009 2:13:00 PM

its a great product but expensive :( its can also get a little cakey but doesnt break me out

This is one of my favorite products ever: I always have one in my bag.
I tried many different things through the years, but I am always going back to this one.
I use it mostly for touch ups and concealing when I am not at home (Matte Beige).
I am NW20, and this is really perfect for me.

on 12/30/2008 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hmm... first off the the lady at the duty free shop didn't even test the product on my face, so the color doesn't match! despite the color, i still tried it on. I have very yellow skin (asian) and light/ medium color with combo dry skin. I have it in matte beige and it was too light for me then. Now, it's too dark! the coverage is super heavy (with the dry sponge) and but it did cover up my blemishes (unnaturally). I also tried it on by wetting the sponge but it came out orangey. Then I tested the powder out by using my BE kabuki brush (which sucks by the way) and it came out really dry. For me, i don't really like powder foundations so i'll stick to liquid or creme.

on 12/28/2008 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i have very oily skin and this powder was fine ,it takes away excess oil on your skin. i can't say that i am impressed but i think i would buy it again.

on 12/26/2008 1:46:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Good coverage, but oxidizes on my face.

2013 EDIT: After trying many different foundations and powders, I've come back to this one.You just can't beat the coverage and the price. I'm now using Matte Neutral (7). I haven't really noticed any oxidation. I also wear it over Clinique's Even Better Makeup SPF 15 foundation. So far, I'm pretty happy with the results.

on 11/19/2008 3:19:00 PM

I have no idea why some people think its terrible. Its a very good compact powder and it doesn't look fake or orange(maybe they use the wrong color).
I use sponge but I never put a lot on my face. I like it. Very natural and invisible.

I don't use the sponge this comes with, but my MAC 187 brush to apply it. It gives me a flawless face and doesn't feel thick/heavy. I use the shade "matte medium"...packaging-wise I like the fact that it comes with a mirror. It hasn't broke me out and has become one of my HG face makeup products. I just feel so pretty whenever I wear it! I wear it over a tiny bit of liquid foundation for a perfect looking face. The only thing I don't like is that it contains mineral oil, something which is just not good for my combination skin (or any skin, in fact) Despite that, I would repurchase.

UPDATE: Is looking rather powdery on my skin now and makes me oil quite a bit due to the mineral oil.

on 10/2/2008 2:40:00 PM

Don't use the sponge that comes with it, it will look very fake and unnatural. I bring it on with a brush, and that works fine.

on 10/2/2008 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a powder and a foundation in one.Comes in the classic green clinique compact case along with a sponge.The coverage is buildable light to full.Has natural matte finish but doesn't control oil production at all.Works best on drier skins.I have oily skin and I can't wear this powder too often because especially the summer feels heavy and oily.From all the shades I found the natural beige more suitable for me(I m nc 25-30)but still it's not the perfect match because this shade tends to be more pink than beige.The think I like most about this product is the coverage other than that I m not so happy with this because feels heavy on me and it's too oily.Didn't break me out though

on 8/17/2008 10:38:00 AM

I bought this product at the airport in duty free simply because once passing through secruity i relised that my mac blot powder was practically empty (i cannot live without my blot powder because i get oily around nose and even tho its barely there and not noticable, i hate being shiny and i would be extra oily during my week holiday in portugal..) so i bought this powder in 07 matte neutral.. same shade as my medium dark blot powder. as always with clinique i loved the packaging, green and lovely and comes with a nice soft applicator sponge. but this powder was very heavy and even if just dabbed around nose, i feel as if my makeup will crack and flake off making my skin look dry, which it isnt, it is very moisturized and 'perfect' in consistancy, i wear this above my studio fix fluid in NW30, it is good undereye, brightens up and makes look alive, doesnt set foundation and when used with my SFF makes me look grubby, as if i have left yesterdays makeup on and just added more, it will patch and become dark..

generally for me and what i wanted, i hate this product.