Clinique Superpowder Double Face Makeup

3.8

new:: Talc, Isostearyl Linoleate, Titanium Dioxide, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Trimyristin, Alumina, Methicone, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate.May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Manganese Violet, Red 30 Lake, Carmine, Bismuth Oxychloride, Red 7 Lake, Ultramarines

I used to use this years and years ago, and gave it another try while on hunt for a powder foundation . I love the way this one glides on, and stays on well. but it was a tad too heavy for my oily skin. it would probably be ok for the winter time for me, but not for the summer. however, anyone with normal to slightly dry skin should give it a try!

Ugh, the bottom line is, I wouldn't be able to survive without this pressed powder! It's wonderful, sticks to your face and blends nicely, without looking cakey, like most drugstore powders. There is no need to constantly re apply, and even though I have slight color changes in my skin tone, eveyone tells me my skin is perfect!

I really love a lot about this product - the way it clings to your face, the coverage it provides, the ease of use - but it has mineral oil, something I should have noticed before purchasing. After a few days of using it, my chin and lower cheeks broke out. Bummer. It's probably a good foundation for those with dry skin, but if you have even the slightest bit of oiliness or are acne-prone, you probably want to stay clear of this product.

its a great product but expensive :( its can also get a little cakey but doesnt break me out

This is one of my favorite products ever: I always have one in my bag.
I tried many different things through the years, but I am always going back to this one.
I use it mostly for touch ups and concealing when I am not at home (Matte Beige).
I am NW20, and this is really perfect for me.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hmm... first off the the lady at the duty free shop didn't even test the product on my face, so the color doesn't match! despite the color, i still tried it on. I have very yellow skin (asian) and light/ medium color with combo dry skin. I have it in matte beige and it was too light for me then. Now, it's too dark! the coverage is super heavy (with the dry sponge) and but it did cover up my blemishes (unnaturally). I also tried it on by wetting the sponge but it came out orangey. Then I tested the powder out by using my BE kabuki brush (which sucks by the way) and it came out really dry. For me, i don't really like powder foundations so i'll stick to liquid or creme.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i have very oily skin and this powder was fine ,it takes away excess oil on your skin. i can't say that i am impressed but i think i would buy it again.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Good coverage, but oxidizes on my face.

2013 EDIT: After trying many different foundations and powders, I've come back to this one.You just can't beat the coverage and the price. I'm now using Matte Neutral (7). I haven't really noticed any oxidation. I also wear it over Clinique's Even Better Makeup SPF 15 foundation. So far, I'm pretty happy with the results.

I have no idea why some people think its terrible. Its a very good compact powder and it doesn't look fake or orange(maybe they use the wrong color).
I use sponge but I never put a lot on my face. I like it. Very natural and invisible.

I don't use the sponge this comes with, but my MAC 187 brush to apply it. It gives me a flawless face and doesn't feel thick/heavy. I use the shade "matte medium"...packaging-wise I like the fact that it comes with a mirror. It hasn't broke me out and has become one of my HG face makeup products. I just feel so pretty whenever I wear it! I wear it over a tiny bit of liquid foundation for a perfect looking face. The only thing I don't like is that it contains mineral oil, something which is just not good for my combination skin (or any skin, in fact) Despite that, I would repurchase.

UPDATE: Is looking rather powdery on my skin now and makes me oil quite a bit due to the mineral oil.