October 25, 2014 | 937 users online

Powder - Clinique - Superpowder Double Face Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2008 7:41:00 PM More reviews by vedrana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i have very oily skin and this powder was fine ,it takes away excess oil on your skin. i can't say that i am impressed but i think i would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2008 1:46:00 AM More reviews by makiyazh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Grey

Good coverage, but oxidizes on my face.

2013 EDIT: After trying many different foundations and powders, I've come back to this one.You just can't beat the coverage and the price. I'm now using Matte Neutral (7). I haven't really noticed any oxidation. I also wear it over Clinique's Even Better Makeup SPF 15 foundation. So far, I'm pretty happy with the results.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2008 3:19:00 PM More reviews by IrkaY

I have no idea why some people think its terrible. Its a very good compact powder and it doesn't look fake or orange(maybe they use the wrong color).
I use sponge but I never put a lot on my face. I like it. Very natural and invisible.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2008 7:01:00 PM More reviews by dominicangirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't use the sponge this comes with, but my MAC 187 brush to apply it. It gives me a flawless face and doesn't feel thick/heavy. I use the shade "matte medium"...packaging-wise I like the fact that it comes with a mirror. It hasn't broke me out and has become one of my HG face makeup products. I just feel so pretty whenever I wear it! I wear it over a tiny bit of liquid foundation for a perfect looking face. The only thing I don't like is that it contains mineral oil, something which is just not good for my combination skin (or any skin, in fact) Despite that, I would repurchase.

UPDATE: Is looking rather powdery on my skin now and makes me oil quite a bit due to the mineral oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2008 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Chanel_82

Don't use the sponge that comes with it, it will look very fake and unnatural. I bring it on with a brush, and that works fine.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2008 1:50:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

This is a powder and a foundation in one.Comes in the classic green clinique compact case along with a sponge.The coverage is buildable light to full.Has natural matte finish but doesn't control oil production at all.Works best on drier skins.I have oily skin and I can't wear this powder too often because especially the summer feels heavy and oily.From all the shades I found the natural beige more suitable for me(I m nc 25-30)but still it's not the perfect match because this shade tends to be more pink than beige.The think I like most about this product is the coverage other than that I m not so happy with this because feels heavy on me and it's too oily.Didn't break me out though

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2008 10:38:00 AM More reviews by isabellexmc

I bought this product at the airport in duty free simply because once passing through secruity i relised that my mac blot powder was practically empty (i cannot live without my blot powder because i get oily around nose and even tho its barely there and not noticable, i hate being shiny and i would be extra oily during my week holiday in portugal..) so i bought this powder in 07 matte neutral.. same shade as my medium dark blot powder. as always with clinique i loved the packaging, green and lovely and comes with a nice soft applicator sponge. but this powder was very heavy and even if just dabbed around nose, i feel as if my makeup will crack and flake off making my skin look dry, which it isnt, it is very moisturized and 'perfect' in consistancy, i wear this above my studio fix fluid in NW30, it is good undereye, brightens up and makes look alive, doesnt set foundation and when used with my SFF makes me look grubby, as if i have left yesterdays makeup on and just added more, it will patch and become dark..

generally for me and what i wanted, i hate this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2008 7:34:00 AM More reviews by hounddog1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I loved this superpowder in shade 02 In the wintertime when I am in my palest and we live into darkness here. It covers so well! It is like I do not even need a concealer. So when the summer came (this has happened to me so many times before it is embarrasing really) I checked my makeup on the natural strong light I was horrified. I looked cakey, powdery patchy orangey, I looked like one of those people makeupgeeks make fun off! I hate winter, my only hope is that no one else noticed because they did not have natural light either. But I strongly doubt it. Eek. I do not use this again, ever. I have actually decided to quit pressed powders all together. The only positive remarks are that it is fragrance free, did not break out my skin and it performed great under the eye shadow, even tho the color was really off, and I liked the modest green packaging that does not show any fingerprints.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2008 10:03:00 PM More reviews by mcmunson

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I simply love this product. I apply it with my Japonesque powder brush, which is huge and fluffy, building the layers until the coverage looks right. I use the sponge it comes with for application under my eyes and around my nose. What surprises me the most about this product is that, even though I consider my t-zone oily and have always worn oil-free foundations (like BB, LM), this is not oil-free and yet I have had no problems. Sure, I have to blot a couple hours after application but that's the case with any of my foundations. I am blonde, blue-eyed, rosacea undertones, NW 20 and I wear Matte Beige. The compact is Clinique's classic square, it's around $19 which is a bargain considering I was spending $40 on my prior HG, LM Oil-Free. This is so much easier to apply with the brush, is portable, and matches my skintone perfectly. Will certainly rebuy!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2008 10:00:00 PM More reviews by clarabella66

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a love/hate relationship with this powder. It says it's a double makeup, but I'm never too sure how I'm supposed to use it as just foundation by itself. I usually use it with a brush and try to dust it over my foundation if I want my foundation to last, but this seems to brush off any concealer that I've put on....maybe I'm not applying it correctly!??! Other than that though, I guess it's a good powder - really haven't had much experiences with them... I prefer to wear liquid foundation all the time and prefer the dewy look rather than matte. So this has lasted me quite a while. However, I find that if I wear it by itself, or if I try to put too much on over my foundation, I get little pimples which doesn't make me happy at all. Maybe I'll go ask the Clinique SA next time for an alternative.