December 19, 2014 | 830 users online

Fragrances - Thierry Mugler - Alien

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 5:23:00 AM More reviews by danammelvin

I just recently discovered this perfume and I am so drawn to it. I can't stop smelling my wrist when I wear it, and the lasting power is incredible, so it must go well with my chemistry. I love waking up the next morning and it is still on my skin. Extra bonus is my husband loves it and loved it even more when I showed him the bottle and the name!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2011 3:47:00 AM More reviews by MyKarmaRanOverYourDogma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love big heady florals and oriental scents and I am a huge fan of jasmine... but this is just overkill. This is the only fragrance ever to had given me a headache. All I smell is vanilla and jasmine so this fragrance does not seem complex or well-composed - which I expect at that price. The bottle is lovely but that is it, at least for me. This is cloying and generic and I really don't know what TM was thinking.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2011 11:14:00 AM More reviews by millymichelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Mugler is synonymous with really strage yet enticing scents. Angel was one, Womanity is the other, and now I'm trying Alien.

I bought this after a co-worker told me that she was wearing it. It left a path wherever she went.

I love the smell and I love the bottle, but now that I've been wearing it for a month or so, I can't smell it on myself anymore....Maybe I've gotten used to it, but the whole point of perfume is to give myself the pleasure of smelling it. Instead, others smell it on me, which I guess is okay. Because of this I find myself spraying more than recommended which is making the bottle empiter faster. Le sigh =/

I also feel like I accidently may have gotten a version that isn't as strong. It's definitely the eau de parfum version, but it's also the refillable version which I fear may be a different formulation than the regular eau de parfum one I was trying on in the store.

But besides this, I love the weird smell and will be going back to Macys to get it refilled when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2011 12:27:00 PM More reviews by csaman

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this perfume. Everytime I wear it, I get many compliments. Very nice and long lasting.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by kristinb64

I sprayed this on my wrist today at Sephora while I was at the mall... the conclusion I've come to is this... it smells likes grapes. Period. It gave me a headache. Period. Definitely not for me! I will say the staying power is unbelievably good. ONE spray on my wrist and I can still smell it 7 1/2 hours later. I'm not a fan of smelling like fruits though, and this is pure grape to me. No thanks.

UPDATE: ok, a few months passed and I decided to give this one another shot. I kept seeing fantastic reviews everywhere, and it made me wonder if I was just missing something the first time I tried this. So again, while at the mall, I sprayed two sprays on myself while shopping. About 30 minutes later, I went to the food court to get a drink. The man taking my order was about a foot's distance away from me. While I was mid-order, he interrupted me and said "WOW do you smell good!". A little caught off gaurd by his enthusiasm, I laughed and said thank you. He took my order, I said thank you and have a good day, and his response was "I will. Would be better if I could tag along with you all day just to smell you".... Ha. I've never received this kind of reaction from a male about a perfume. Then, as I continued shopping, I overheard two men talking just after I walked past them about "how good that girl smelled". So, my conclusion now is that I was missing something originally, and I now pick up more amber and mystery in this scent, not just the grapes I smelled before. Grapes might be the initial first impression, but it turns into something so much more. The other conclusion... men love it. Point blank. I plan on buying a bottle. The original EDP is what I got complimented on, but I have also tested Essence Absolue and loved it as well. It is definitely still Alien, but softer, warmer, and creamier. Not sure which I will buy, but I will own one of them! If you're curious about this scent, try it. The reaction and compliments you'll get from others might just be enough to win you over!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 11:39:00 AM More reviews by carlyhayward

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this perfume! As past reviewers have said I get SO many compliments whenever I wear it. The scent is so intoxicating and very strong. I only need just one spritz and I'm good to go all day. This is a definite staple in my perfume cabinet.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Irishbabyyy

Loveeeeee this perfume so much :) When I bought it, it was mainly because of the packaging, but then I fell on love with the scent also. Every single time I wear this, lots of people compliment it and ask what it is. The scent lingers all day also and it is a great night time perfume, although I always wear it in daytime too. This is my all time favourite perfume and I will definitely be re-purchasing it again and again. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 3:14:00 AM More reviews by LaBellaLisa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

*Love* I kept smelling this wonderfully spellbinding scent on my coworker... I had to run out and get a bottle for myself! It's my go to when I want to feel sexy and mysterious. I get compliments on it every time I wear it... I lightly mist myself with this because on me this is a pretty strong scent. A little bit goes a loooooong way! Lasting power is great too.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2011 5:22:00 AM More reviews by spilledmilk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I loved the scent of this perfume, and the bottle is beautiful. Sadly it only lasted a few minutes on me before disappearing completely. I tried it out for a couple weeks and no one could ever tell I was wearing perfume, no matter how much I sprayed. Sadly this went back, but I'm sure it would work for some people.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Cams000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful one! It has a it of the unique quality of Angel but much more wearable and appealing for me.I have Angel, which I am Ok with, but I hardly wear it - so maybe I not that into it? Oh well, this for me is potent and feminine. A winner!