July 28, 2014 | 2129 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Instant Heat Tamer Spray

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by blondebombshell7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the only heat protectant I've ever used on my hair and it works! I will continue to buy this again and again. I like how it's vitamin enriched - my hair always feels super soft and healthy after I use this. Also, it smells really good! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 8:52:00 PM More reviews by MyNameIsHoney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I was determined not to be taken in by the hype surrounding this product. After all, being of Indian background, I have thick, coarse, wavy hair that often does its own thing. Each strand is so thick and wiry that it's very hard to get them to lie even on each other, even when I crank my iron up to 210 degrees Celsius. However, when I tried this spray based on friends' suggestions, I was amazed at how smooth and shiny my hair was. It actually produced much straighter results than Sebastian Trilliant, and cost $23 less! Silly me, I never realized that the heat protectant spray I was using was as much as fault for my disappointing results as anything else. The smell is pleasant and fresh, and as noted by others here, it does not leave a sticky residue, as Trilliant often did. I will be repurchasing, as this is everything I am looking for in a heat protection spray.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2012 6:08:00 PM More reviews by kawanii

This is my first heat-protectant spray ever since I never really thought I needed to put anything on my hair before any type of heat styling. Nonetheless, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. After I wash my hair and I towel pat, I flip my hair over while standing over the tub and I spray this from my mid-shaft to ends. I then run my fingers and twist the hair and rub it all over to make sure the product is evenly distributed. This is not sticky and smells GREAT! Upon using this for maybe a week or so, I have noticed the bottom half of my mid-back hair to be so smooth! Before, my hairdresser would tell me when she ran her fingers through my hair, that you could feel how dry the mid-shaft to the end is. But now, I have no problem and I have absolutely no split ends. I trim my hair maybe once in half a year? I have thin Asian hair so having a trim or frequent haircut does not really appeal to me. This makes me so tempted to always run through my hair since it HAS made such a difference to make my hair (especially bottom half) smoother! I also love the bottle because the spray nozzle is easy to use and the shape of the bottle is so easy to hold in the hand versus those big thick short and stubby bottles that prob ends up falling out of your hand. This is probably one of the best drugstore heat protectant spray ever and I will repurchase because for such a cheap price, such a great product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2012 10:02:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great Product!

-It smells great, not chemically like many heat tamers
-Leaves hair shiny and smooth
-The spray bottle is a huge plus!
-Easy to hold and spray

Will definitely buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by CandyappleGurl

I bought this product after cutting my hair. I straighten my hair everyday so i thought it would be a good idea to buy something to protect it. I was very surprised with the price. It smells GREAT and makes my hair very soft! It's a great price for the quality. Only downside it makes my hair a little bit greasy. I will defiantly buy it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by missbeautyqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Pros:
- Smells good
- Doesn't make hair feel crunchy
- Doesn't dry out hair
- No alcohol
- Makes hair shiny
- Detangles hair
- Has a spray nozzle
- easy to find
- cheap
- non-greasy
Cons:
- none
Overall:
I really like this spray. It doesn't make my hair dry and its non-greasy. I like that it has no alcohol in it. The smell is pretty nice too. I like the spray nozzle too because it makes it easy to spray on the hair. It works as a pretty nice detangler and it even adds some shine to my hair. It was really easy to find and pretty cheap too. I highly recommend this heat protectant.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 3:24:00 AM More reviews by Nika90

Used this spray for a couple of years and thought it was good. I just did not realise HOW good it was until I used a bad heat spray. I switched to the John Frieda Heat Protect Spray for 6 months and it dried my hair out to the point where it looked terrible. Recently I went back to this product and the change in my hair was AMAZING. It was smooth, silky and not even slightly crunchy after straightening. I highly recommend this product!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by heartsinwonderland

Cheap, protects, doesn't make my hair oily/greasy. HG heat protection product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by historismus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love it. I've used both the CHI and the got2be heat protectants, but this takes the cake. Very inexpensive, works as both a heat protectant and detangler without weighing hair down or being sticky. The nozzle sprays the product evenly. The smell is inoffensive, and goes away in an hour or two anyway, so it won't interfere with perfume. Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by nattyngeorge

I've gone through a few bottles of this stuff, so I'm able to let you know how I feel about this product very well.

I heat style my hair a few days out the week for several years, so I've been through many heat protectants.

I've repurchased the Tresemme one more than any of the others for these reasons:

1) It's very cheap, and it's available everywhere. No hunting it down, as Tresemme is sold at every major drugstore, Walmart, etc.

2) The packaging is great. I love that it's a spray, so no sticky or greasy hands. YAY!

3) It smells great!

4) No matter how much I spray, it doesn't weigh down my hair, or make my hair look oily or greasy. Still bouncey as ever!

5) I DO notice a difference when I'm being lazy and don't use this vs. when I do use this. My ends aren't as brittle and my hair breaks less.

I was skeptical when I used this - I never really thought it did anything. But, it wasn't until I finished a bottle I decided I wanted it again. I am use to using heat protecting serums, which make the hair feel soft, silky and make my ends look shiny (Fantasia IC Heat Polisher for example). I expected the same from this product. When it didn't make my hair soft-ER or shiny-ER, I thought it wasn't working. So I neglected using it and noticed how I much my ends would break. The following time I'd use the heat protector and no breakage! So don't be fooled. Many heat protectors simply coat your hair in silicone which will make your hair temporarily feel really soft and silky, and that feeling will go away by the next day, and you'll need to coat your hair in it again and again until you have loads of build-up in your hair. Yes, this product contains silicones, but not nearly as much as others I've tried.

Buy it!