September 1, 2014 | 1905 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Instant Heat Tamer Spray

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by luverchick

this smells so good...just for the smell alone this is the heat protectant for me...it is also so cheap....i dont heat my hair very often so this has last me a long time...sometimes i just use it to make my hair smell even better

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by lizzieee007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Been using this since it came out and nothing else!
- Not sticky or greasy, it barely feels like you have anything in your hair which is fantastic
- the nozzle sprays a very fine, even mist.
- cheap and accessible!
- I've tried the keratin too which makes my hair shinier than this one but don't like the smell.
- hate the smell of this one though! smell is bleeehhhhhh!
- doesn't really do much in terms of moisture or shine or anything.. which is nice because you can apply it very liberally but if you want a multi-purpose product this def isn't it.
- has vitamins?

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2013 11:04:00 AM More reviews by lisa1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this because of all the good reviews. So far not impressed.
I put it on when my hair's wet. air dry it and the next morning i spray it again before i flat iron. So far it makes my hair CRISPY. Super dry. Don't know yet.... I'm going to not spray it before i flat iron and just spray it when it's wet. See if it makes a difference. Also, it does NOT detangle at all so i don't know why people say it does. The fragrance of it is NOT overpowering nor does it linger so for all of you either loving or complaining about the smell.. ummm.... really not an issue. I'm going to keep giving it a chance for a bit so i will update. So far, it's a huge MEH for me.... **** Update a few days later..... product sucks! Terrible. Tangles my hair and dries it and makes it look DULL and unwashed! And by the next day i can barely run a comb through it. Worst product ever! And i'm sorry to say it because i really do like Tresemme products. This one is BAD!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 2:17:00 AM More reviews by kellyyxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

love this product, does the trick. honestly cant tell the difference between this and the chi 44 iron guard, i like both, this product is significantly cheaper. i have repurchased this several times.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by thevnilly

I don't really overdo it with heat styling too often, so I can't tell if this product is doing anything for my hair or not. But, it smells good and is cheap. It detangles my hair nicely, so I also spray it on my wet hair whether I'm heat styling or not.

UPDATE**
After getting some red bumps on both temples and a clogged bump on the back of my neck, I've narrowed down these unfortunate new problems to this product. I'm discontinuing my use of it and seeing if the odd acne subsides.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 2:13:00 AM More reviews by mickey5252

I've recently changed my hair style and now I need to curl my hair everyday, and in order to protect my already super damage hair, I've started to use a heat protectant. This is actually my first heat protectant and I wasn't sure what to expect, but I guess that this product does work because after curling my hair everyday for 2 months, I didn't notice any additional damage.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by lnb4563

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

BACKGROUND INFORMATION: My hair is well past my shoulders, but I wouldn't call it long. My hair is pretty virginal - it's never been dyed, or had anything too severe done to it. My hair is, unfortunately, on the thin side, but I have a lot of it. It is heat damaged, mainly in the form of split ends; I blow dry and straighten it almost daily. When left to air dry, it merely appears extra oily. Mind you, it usually looks oily the day after I've taken a shower anyway. In spite of all that, a clarifying shampoo and weekly masque make it at least look healthy.
PRICE/AVAILABILITY: Honestly, I've bought this product so many times over the years I don't even look at the price anymore. I want to say it's, like, $4-5 USD. Perhaps $6 at the most. It's not dirt cheap, but it's still pretty cheap. I've found it numerous places - Target, Wal-Mart, Walgreens . . . needless to say, it's readily available.
PACKAGING: It comes in a simple black and red squirt bottle. Maybe it's just me, but I find the nozzle to be a little oddly shaped. It's not off-putting enough that it's stopped me from buying the product, though. However, it ejects the spray as a fine mist, so I'd say the overall design works.
PERFORMANCE: Several sprays all over my hair before blow drying and again before straightening and I'm good to go! I've been using this since I began straightening my hair in . . . 5th grade? I would have been 11 in the 5th grade; I'm 22 and in college now. Wow, I didn't even realize I'd been using it that long! Yes, I did say earlier my hair is heat damaged with split ends. But I know it would be a lot worse if I hadn't been using this for so long. And the splits are small; they're something only I notice. When I get my hair trimmed every couple months, my stylist always comments on how healthy my hair is. Given how often I take a blow dryer and straightener to it, I believe that to be a true testament to how well this stuff performs. It's never sticky or caused any build up. It has a light, pleasant scent that's difficult to describe. It doesn't smell like your typical hair product, but it's still lovely. I tried other heat protectants long ago, but always came back to this. I've stuck with it for many years and will continue to do so.
SUMMARY: This is the only HG in my hair arsenal. It's also the only product I own that I've bought countless times without even thinking about it. It's a lightweight product with an equally light, unoffensive smell. The spray nozzle is a bit odd-looking, but that's easy enough to get over.
REBUY?: If you read any other part of my review, you know this is a resounding yes!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by blondebombshell7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the only heat protectant I've ever used on my hair and it works! I will continue to buy this again and again. I like how it's vitamin enriched - my hair always feels super soft and healthy after I use this. Also, it smells really good! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 8:52:00 PM More reviews by MyNameIsHoney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I was determined not to be taken in by the hype surrounding this product. After all, being of Indian background, I have thick, coarse, wavy hair that often does its own thing. Each strand is so thick and wiry that it's very hard to get them to lie even on each other, even when I crank my iron up to 210 degrees Celsius. However, when I tried this spray based on friends' suggestions, I was amazed at how smooth and shiny my hair was. It actually produced much straighter results than Sebastian Trilliant, and cost $23 less! Silly me, I never realized that the heat protectant spray I was using was as much as fault for my disappointing results as anything else. The smell is pleasant and fresh, and as noted by others here, it does not leave a sticky residue, as Trilliant often did. I will be repurchasing, as this is everything I am looking for in a heat protection spray.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2012 6:08:00 PM More reviews by kawanii

This is my first heat-protectant spray ever since I never really thought I needed to put anything on my hair before any type of heat styling. Nonetheless, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. After I wash my hair and I towel pat, I flip my hair over while standing over the tub and I spray this from my mid-shaft to ends. I then run my fingers and twist the hair and rub it all over to make sure the product is evenly distributed. This is not sticky and smells GREAT! Upon using this for maybe a week or so, I have noticed the bottom half of my mid-back hair to be so smooth! Before, my hairdresser would tell me when she ran her fingers through my hair, that you could feel how dry the mid-shaft to the end is. But now, I have no problem and I have absolutely no split ends. I trim my hair maybe once in half a year? I have thin Asian hair so having a trim or frequent haircut does not really appeal to me. This makes me so tempted to always run through my hair since it HAS made such a difference to make my hair (especially bottom half) smoother! I also love the bottle because the spray nozzle is easy to use and the shape of the bottle is so easy to hold in the hand versus those big thick short and stubby bottles that prob ends up falling out of your hand. This is probably one of the best drugstore heat protectant spray ever and I will repurchase because for such a cheap price, such a great product!