July 26, 2014 | 1743 users online

Fragrances - Narciso Rodriguez - Narciso Rodriguez for her EDP

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2006 5:20:00 PM More reviews by purplebird

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of the new "pink chypres," which is formulated without the "classic chypre" combination of bergamot + real oakmoss/treemoss + patchouli + labdanum and other, various assorted green, fruit, floral, and wood notes. This new genre is not as wild and untrammeled, as pungent and unpredictable as the classic chypres, but it does create the delectible sweet / sour / salty / bitter / wet / dry contrast that makes a chypre so great . Narciso Rodriguez EDP is concocted of creative synthetic notes, but I smell rose, peach, vetiver, and musk. As a man-made scent, it retains its characteristics and stays true from start to finish. I am a fanatic for chypres and own and wear many, both new and old, well-known and niche. (Check my wardrobe.) My teenage daughter thinks most of them smell too "old" for her, but she fell in love with a tester for Narciso Rodrigurez in the pink bottle. (Not the black one, not the EDT, which lacks the peach/rose note.) I think this is a fine introduction to chypres for the young generation. Good job.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2006 11:58:00 AM More reviews by playsomevinyl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have found a new love in this EDP! Finally, a scent that is unique and not run of the mill. On me, it is the perfect blend of musk and floral. Very feminine and pretty and seems to smell better the longer I have it on. I prefer the EDP over the EDT. They are very different. The EDT was more 'masculine' with my chemistry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2006 6:34:00 PM More reviews by ruby_tea_roses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried and liked the EDT, and so I had to try the EDParfum too so I could compare them. The EDT is a bit of a sharper-clean fragrance, kind of like a very expensive, very creamy, very fragrant hotel soap. The EDT also lasts longer on me. The EDParfum is similar to the EDT in some ways, only it is mellower and more pink-floral/honey. The EDParfum lacks the soapiness of the EDT, but it makes up for that with the soft, mellow floral-honey drydown. When I wear the EDT I think of white soap, crystal perfume bottles and ivory cashmere. When I wear the EDParfum I think of tiny, baby pink roses and a warm breeze drifting though honey-colored lace curtains on a cool summer night. The two scents are quite different, but yet they also somehow have something in common. Something about them at their core is very similar, maybe the amber or musc. I'm not sure. The two are like cousins. I recommend you try both and see which one you like better. I fell in love with the EDT, then after trying the EDParfum found I liked that even more! I bought the EDParfum instead and I love it! It clings close to the skin and has such creamy, soft bottom notes. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2006 7:23:00 PM More reviews by alicia_82

I never thought that I'd love any fragrance more than Narciso Rodriguez EDT...but then along came the EDP! Ok maybe I don't like it more, but I definitely like it just as much! Its a heavier, sweeter version of the original and I get just as many compliments on this one. I spray myself constantly and its never enough!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2006 4:53:00 PM More reviews by chvatal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i'm totally in love with this. on me, the amber is balanced with a non-cloying sweetness; there's some woody honey, a hint of peach and a not too musky (or musty!) musk. to me, it smells like warm, clean human; as weird as that may sound! it's a comforting, close type of smell. i prefer the EDP to the EDT and have tried the lotion, which i didn't care for. too ambery. but the EDP is a nice blend. worth checking out. definitely keep smelling your wrist once you've sprayed. it just melts into your skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2006 2:28:00 PM More reviews by sakura2

This scent is addictive to me. I always have to have it in my collection. The only weird thing is sometimes it smells thick and cloying, a mishmash of notes -- yuck. Other times, it's a beautiful dusky floral. I just have to try it on a given day to see if it's liking me or not at that moment.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2006 11:37:00 PM More reviews by silksk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

As a number of people have noted here, the EDT and EDP are quite different. The one I own is the EDP because when I initially tried both versions on me, I liked the warmth of the EDP. I think that people do need to try both versions of them and wait for a few hours to see which ones blend better into them. When I wear this, the honey and the egyptian musk notes are the most dominant. The lasting power is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2006 1:10:00 PM More reviews by loveshack529

After smelling this on my friend for the first time I just had to have it! This fragrance is SEX. I bought it 2 weeks ago and wear it everyday since then. All you need is 3 spritzs and it'll last you the whole day since EDPs last longer than EDTs. It's pretty pricey ($150 CAD for the 100ml taxes included) but it's worth it as long as you see it as a long term investment. :D

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2006 7:37:00 AM More reviews by stephhamilton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I usually only wear fresh lighter perfumes so I was amazed I kept getting drawn to this frangrance in the perfume section of the department stores. I find it quite overpowering at first but then it settles down and I find myself compulsively sniffing my wrists and my clothes where it lingers, I bought it but after a couple of months I got very sick of wearing it and find it a bit cloying now. I like it on other people but not so much on me now. Its just to overpowering.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2006 4:43:00 AM More reviews by MissRachael

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I own this and am wearing at at this very moment and I really love it.
The drydown is so lovely, it has a spicy note to it I find. I love the pink bottle too, although I wish it was in the pink box instead of the black but oh well. I find on me though that it doesn't last too long. I sprayed it about 5 hours ago and unless I put my wrist up to my nose, I can't tell I have it on.
However I love it too much to care...it makes me happy smelling it.