November 26, 2014 | 1888 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Clear

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by wixter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is perfect for brows. It keeps them in place all day. I wish that it dried faster, though. I have to sit at my vanity for at least five minutes fanning my brows so that they dry! Other than that, this is a great brow gel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2012 10:16:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

I bought this as the most random buy from my haul for this week. I don't really use brow gel, and I was wondering that the hell clear mascara does. I would not use this on my lashes- it does absolutely nothing except make them look wet. But, it works great as a brow gel. Nothing too stand-outish, not too visible or shiny, and I love that it keeps my brows in place for the entire day. Definetely a must!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by bows89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My best friend has used this as eyebrow gel for roughly ten years and I've been sneaking some for a few years and finally decided to buy my own tube over christmas. I LOVE this stuff and I am completely hooked to eyebrow gel now. Even when I go makeup free for a day I put on just this eyebrow gel as it completely structures my face (or so I think). My only gripe is that the packaging dispenses too much product. I was finding that I would sometimes get white spots on my brows once the product dried and I figured out that it was from the volume of product I was putting on. I now wipe the applicator off on the back of my hand before applying and, voila, the white residue on my brows is gone. My sister also uses this as brow gel on my recommendation and she was finding initially that it made her brows look "funny" which was simply because she didn't trim her brows! If you find that combing through your brows changes the shape you are used to too much I would recommend giving them a bit of a trim, you might be pleasantly surprised :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 1:38:00 PM More reviews by sheridingdong

This stuff is awesome! I use this for my brows though. I use a brow powder and I am blessed with having full brows so they can look a little untamed sometimes and this stuff does the job of holding them in place! I've never had any whitish residue, crunchiness, or irritation from this. This is an HG brow setter for me. I also use this if my mascara clumps my lashes together... this will separate them and also take a lot of the previous product off so i can do a little touch up without my lashes being clump city.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by takingbacktuesdday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Found this at my local Walgreens for about 5 bucks... Ive been using it on my brows everyday for about a year and I have'nt come close to running out! I have no problems with it, it dose'nt make my brows crunchy and tames them well! Also for my lashes, i've tried it but I prefer colored mascara so I can't put in my 2 cents there! Overall, great cheap brow gel!(:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by shar037

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Although it is sold as such..don't use this product on your lashes.
Use it one your brows!
I've seen so many makeup artists whip this stuff out.
It defines and enriches color.
Cheap and effective..a no brainer!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by fashion13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hate this mascara!!!!! i got the clear one because it was supposed to add definition while looking natural but all it did was make my lashes all droopy. it didn't hold a curl and it felt really heavy on my lashes. definitely do NOT recommend this product!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Silvia8329

I am a contact lens wearer and my eyes are irritated by most eye makeup. This irritated my eyes but it wasn't extreme so I will continue to use as my options are pretty limited, especially in drugstore brands.

It gives your lashes a little bit of gloss but obviously doesn't make them darker. I found that applying it then holding the lashes up with the applicator while aiming a warm blow dryer at them helps the lashes curl and also dries the product faster. I don't have an eyelash curler right now so this is a decent alternative.

I've never tried it on my brows.

It is cheap, isn't too irritating and readily available at any drugstore or big box store.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by kaboomxjenzie

this is the perfect brow wax/setter. the only thing i hate is the applicator/wand, which i think is plastic, and it just applies too much on the brows but its fine if you use this as an eyelash primer. also it takes a while to dry and doesnt tame the thicker longer brow hairs. it doesnt smell like anything crazy. and i like how its clear so you actually see how much product you are getting, which to me, looks like a lot :) i didnt give it a full 5 stars only because i found a new love for setting my brows - aloe vera! my brows stay SO MUCH BETTER than this and its a healthier product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by janaoo4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I'm really really surprised by this stuff. I love it, and I don't usually love.... anything really lol. I was told that this stuff was great as a primer to put under your mascara, and they were right. I was hesitant to try this stuff because the normal version of this mascara is probably the worst thing you could ever buy.

This stuff was really cheap, I think it was like $5 at WallMart for a product you can use as a mascara primer, a clear mascara and as something to set your brows.

I happen to like the packaging. I like the brush, it puts on a small amount of product which is great because the product itself takes a long time to dry due to the high amount of glycerin making it very wet, which is by no means a bad thing unless you have short sparse lashes. If you have short lashes that need to maintain a strong curl you probably shouldn't use this because of how wet it is.

I have MAC's prep and prime lash primer and I find that this stuff actually works better as a mascara primer than MAC's product. This stuff lengthens and thickens subtly which looks very shiny, feathery and natural unlike MAC's product which ends up looking thick and chunky even with careful application. And because of the high amount of glycerin in this product it also conditions your lashes and makes them really soft and shiny.

Overall I really really like this stuff. I'm pleasantly surprised, and I will be re-buying it. It's cheap, it works, it's non-scented so it doesn't cause irritation, it conditions your eye lashes making them better with use. What else could you want? This is a yes for me. A no for girls with short, sparse lashes that need to maintain a heavy curl.