Maybelline Great Lash Clear

3.8

Aqua/Water, Alcohol Denat, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Polyvinyl, Alcohol, Methylparaben, Panthenol, Disodium EDTA

on 6/18/2012 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I honestly just needed a brow gel to keep my brows in place throughout the day, and this was the first one I saw that was pretty cheap. I like it, but I was hesitant to use it because someone said Great Lash was not Maybelline's best mascara, so...but I used this as a brow gel and it's pretty good. I'd buy it again for the low price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I love this for keeping my eyebrows tidy. It's affordable & doesn't flake or wear off throughout the day. I have super sensitive skin, so I was really worried it would break me out around the areas I used it on, but it hasn't bothered me at all!

on 5/15/2012 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Not a fan of the clear tube, but the gel itself holds my brows in place nicely without leaving weird residue.

on 5/7/2012 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Like many of the reviews here, I used this as a brow gel. It gets the job done.

on 5/7/2012 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really love how well this product keeps my eyebrows in place! Overall I'm pretty impressed! (Since I only paid $3.00 for this) Though, I would not reccomend this for eyelashes. When I tried putting this on them it only made them uncurl and clump together. But if your looking for something to keep your brows in place, go right ahead!

on 4/27/2012 1:50:00 AM

I bought this for the purpose of using as a brow gel and sadly, I was disappointed.

It didn't seem to hold my hairs in place and was an extremely wet formula that took a long time to dry. The wand also comes out of the tube with too much product clinging to the sides so it's necessary to wipe it down prior to application. When I tried to use it on my eyelashes, it removed any curl I had (I actually curled them before!) and made them pin-straight, as well as clumping them together. Worst of all, this made the skin underneath my eyebrow hairs break out when I used this product.

I am never repurchasing this again and would not recommend it to anyone. The desired effect can be acheived with simply a spoolie and a bit of clear aloe vera gel (a much better effect I might add!) and I've heard that hair spray brushed through the brows with a spoolie works just as well! Save yourself the money (and the breakouts!) and don't pick this product up.

on 4/22/2012 6:38:00 PM

Okay so this is an interesting product for me. I use this clear mascara but, not as a mascara. I use this product on my brows to tame them. I do my own eyebrows so, they are rarely bad but, if i am having a day where they never want to stay in place, the is the product i apply and then move my the hairs on my brows to how i like them. Also I find that my mascara (usually colossal or voluminous false lashes) applies so much better when my lashes are wet. Usually I apply my mascara right after I come out of the shower but, if i want to wet my lashes and I'm not near water I will just use this clear mascara. Try it! :D

on 4/22/2012 12:29:00 AM

This is amazing on eyebrows! Keeps strays in place and looks great. If you use it as a mascara, then this would be good for summer or if you want a natural look. The thing I don't like is that it takes a long time to dry. But other than that, wonderful buy.

on 4/13/2012 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use it to prevent smugging after I apply mascara. and for my brows
and it works well.
besides cheep and a lot amount.what more I can ask.
I like it. only thing I don't like it the plastic brush. but it doesn't bother that much.

on 4/11/2012 12:17:00 PM

I use it only as a brow gel and it does the job well for the first hours but at the end of the day, there is definitly nothing left. No problems, it is really easy to put more on. A honest product! You can also look for ELF clear mascara wich is really similar and cost only 3$!