December 21, 2014 | 1297 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat (Radiant Touch)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

Blegh, not a fan of this and even less of a fan for $50! I bought this back in the summer and the pen is almost out and it really fell flat for me. It was a product that wasn't so bad that I had a reason to toss it but wasn't so good that I had a reason to wear it every single day. It covered under eye circles okay, didn't really highlight at all, settled mildly into fine lines. Pretty 'meh'. Definitely not going to repurchase. You can get a good highlighting pen from the drugstore or a highlighter and concealer at a fraction of the cost which do a far better job. Very overhyped!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I can't figure out if I like this or not.

In person, it does not cover my under eye circles, even after several layers and setting powder. However, in photos, I have the smoothest under eyes you ever saw. So, while I wish it worked for REAL LIFE, I will keep it around for when I know I am being photographed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Touche Eclat is marketed as a highlighting concealer, although there are a good number of people who argue that this is a highlighter, not a concealer.
Well, I disagree with those people.
There I was, at Sephora, buying my Touche Eclat, thinking that I was buying some magical highlighter that would somehow make my dark circles vanish all the while brightening my eyes.
This may be the case with other people, but that's not the case for me. Touche Eclat turned out to be a natural-looking under-eye concealer more than anything else. I noticed no highlighting or brightening whatsoever--there aren't even any shimmer or light-reflecting particles in the product, as far as my bedroom's lighting allows me to see.
But that doesn't mean that it's bad. In fact, I find that it really is far superior to other under eye concealers out there.
It covers my dark circles and, most importantly, looks natural and doesn't cake up or settle into fine lines. Also, it lasts all day long without any need for setting powder. I should mention, however, that my dark circles aren't necessarily prominent or dark, so I'm not sure if this would cover very dark dark circles.
Regarding the actual packaging, it's absolutely gorgeous! I own a number of YSL makeup products, and YSL seriously beats any other makeup company (Dior, Chanel, Tom Ford, and Guerlain included!) as far as aesthetically beautiful packaging goes--they make all my MAC makeup look like they're from the dollar store! The pen in YSL's signature gold color looks simple, but luxurious and chic, and I like the brush tip as well, although I do need to blend it out with my ring finger after applying it.
I do have one problem with it that somewhat irks me, though: the clicks. One click dispenses no product; two clicks dispense too much product. It's not a big deal, though, as I just use however much product I need and leave the rest on the brush (no, the product doesn't dry/get crusty on the pen--I just put the cap on and the next morning the product is still on the brush as if it just freshly came out).
3.5 Luminous Vanilla is a good shade match for my skin tone. (I'm NC35 and MUFE HD 128; I have slight yellow undertones). Don't be fooled if it applies too light--when it dries, it dries down to its true color. I initially thought I was 5 Luminous Honey, but then it dried down to a shade that was too dark and orange.
Retailing at $40 for only 0.1 oz. of product, it's definitely not cheap, but honestly, guys, you really can't complain about the price--it's YSL, for crying out loud! I do think that it's worth the splurge, and I highly recommend it to anybody looking for a good dark circle concealer, as I consider this to be by far the best one on the market.
Would I repurchase? Yes.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by RoxMcr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After reading so much about highlighters i decided I need to check what fuss is about. Since the Touche Eclat is one of the most popular it was the first one i looked for.
The package is beautiful and handy. One click delivers enough liquid to smudge under your eyes. You can use it to cover grey/blue area under your eyes, put few smudges on top of your cheekbones before your blusher to make it look more prominent, cover smaller blemishes, smear on your browbone to give your eyes a bit more glow, bridge of your nose to give your face general radiance, on your cupid bow and natural lines from your nose to lips to make it look fuller. Gives good result as an eye make up base in your eyelids as wel or you can put it over your foundation to make you look fresh and rested. Can be used for small touch ups during the day if needed. Stays in quite long as well.
In general its very handy, universal product every women should have in their make up bag.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Briggitte

On vacation I decided to splurge and but this. I had heard good things but the price really turned me off for such a small amount of product. I was amazed by how well the product worked to brighten my under eye circles it really gave me that "kim kardashian effect" if you know what I mean. The packaging in my opinion is pretty but very wasteful. I would much rather be able to control the product and waste. I don't like the brush since honestly you just use it to dab the product on. I would buy this again but hope for my wallets sake it lasts a very long time. lol

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by sjesic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I never bought into the hype of this product and all the positive reviews it has received and actually never bought it. I just didn't think it would be that good... BUT IT IS THAT GOOD!!!
I received the Touche Eclat as a christmas present along with 2 other YSL products and I can't believe I spent so much time without it.
This stuff is F'ing amazing!! I wish i would have bought it years ago!!
I found the 4.5 luminous sand is an exact match for me. It is that good that now I just skip foundation all together because this little miracle pen erases all my imperfections and horrible dark circles and transforms me into a fresh faced lady ;D
My skin isnt bad, i just have a few little imperfections to hide but I have awful dark circles that won't go away no matter how long I sleep and this pen really makes them disappear and is one of the few products that I've used on my lower lids that wont crease so it is definately a winner.
The staying power of this product is average, when I am not very active it lasts about 6 hours but I only had it for a week so I guess that it would need retouching after 3 hours if I was being a bit more active.
I use this product under my eyes, on some pimple scars and on cupids bow and it does a wonderful job.
The colour match is also brilliant, plenty of shades to choose from which is also a winner for me as it is usually hard to find a product that matches my sallow skin.
I will definately buy this again and again and wont ever again buy another concealer. LOVE!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 6:59:00 AM More reviews by strobegirl1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG highlighter. Its smooth to put on, it highlights wonderfully when layered and used properly and blended well, not using the stupid brush YSL insists on using on all their best things.
Most importantly there is no sparkle. I think people mistake this for a concealer, it only makes a good concealer for the under eyes. Anywhere else and it's just...ugh. I do wish that YSL would put more in the tube, get rid of the tube and brush applicator, and bring the price down. In Australia we pay $55 for it, I will continue to re purchase but with one being sold every 10 seconds in the world surly YSL can make it a bit cheaper.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Rotna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a good product- the texture is very light and easy to blend. However, I do find that many of the cheaper highlighters on the market are just as effective- so personally I wouldn't re-purchase.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 9:17:00 AM More reviews by BriddaBella

After reading so many amazing reviews about it I gave this product a try. Unfortunately this product does not work for me. I put it on my cupid's bow as a highlight and it does the job but after an hour it seems to have disappeared already. I tried using it on my cheekbones and under my eyes but it doesn't really make a difference so I ever use it for is to highlight my lip bow and I can do that using an inexpensive product like a light peachy coloured eyeliner.

It's definitely not worth the money and there are tons of cheaper products with which you can achieve the same results.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 5:28:00 AM More reviews by dianaish

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Just one short year ago, I'd have rated this 5/5. I loved and repurchased this many times. It seemed to perk up my eyes in a truly delightful, luminous way and i loved it above the bow of my lips.It was a delightful staple in my minamalist stash. Now that I have a need for actual under eye concealer- there are much better games at the counters. (Armani I embrace you!) I cannot justify another repurchase since my needs have changed but I do recommend checking this out if you need just a little something and are 45 or younger!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No