October 24, 2014 | 864 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Beautiful

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2008 5:32:00 AM More reviews by FarrahJoon17

Beautiful is really for a much older crowd. I never liked it enough to wear it myself, and even the parfum lotion is too strong. With that said as much as i hate it myself, my grandmother wears it and its always smelled just fine on her. With that said, at EL school they always preach 'beautiful the bestselling fragrance in the world' but i dont see why...
The packaging is alright, really nothing special. After some opening and closing the top of the bottle loses its ability to stay on. For that reason id reccomend against keeping it in a purse. This fragrance makes a great gift (and come mothersday and holiday they always have plenty of gift sets avalible) for a much more mature woman (grandmother).

Estee lauder formulated 2 additional beautiful's for a younger audience. Beautiful Love and Beautiful Sheer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2008 1:17:00 AM More reviews by violetsrblu

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I first smelled this on my sister-in-law back in the 80's, and I immediately ran out and bought a bottle. Beautiful has been my fave among my collection ever since then. I've always received compliments from strangers, mainly men, who want to know what I'm wearing so they can purchase it for their sweeties. It seems to last a long time on me and can be too overpowering, so I spray the air and step into it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2008 6:44:00 PM More reviews by zandra_khi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this perfume. It's my signature scent. I ALWAYS get compliments on how good I smell when wearing it.

The scent is a fragrant, crisp, slightly floral smell. It's a smell that makes you go "mmmmmm, that smells gooood".

I have tried a few other fragrances since discovering it 10 years ago, but I always come back to it. It's the only perfume I'm willing to shell out over $75 for a generous size bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2008 12:11:00 PM More reviews by DaleJrsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

While I LOVE the lotion and shower gel in this scent, I just can't bring myself to love the fragrance too. It smells so much more cloying and overwhelming than the body products. It has an almost powdery smell to it that stays from start to finish.

I will probably repurchase the lotion and shower gel but not the EDP. And since I live in the south the lotion and shower gel layered together will probably be enough scent anyway!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2008 3:45:00 PM More reviews by cat1203

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love it again. When it first came out in the 80's I loved it. bought the perfume and lotion which is wonderful and lasting and not nearly as strong as the perfume and wore it always and got so many compliments..and men loved it... I mean LOVED it. I stopped wearing it over 15 years ago and just recently bought another body lotion and I still love it. First wear after 15 years and my significant other was really taken by it... it's a keeper .. but I do prefer the lotion or cream.. much nicer, smoother..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2008 5:52:00 AM More reviews by jeantanpk

I am always tricked to buy fragrance from EL. and i dun even know or understand why. There is something very lady-like in their smell, rather special and unique as well... but i often regret after buying. It will not last and the last layer always smell funny. Beautiful has a very "outdated" type of smell... if that makes sense at all!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2008 10:42:00 PM More reviews by aqua76239

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm blown away by how almost everyone likes this fragrance. However, I never like what is considered very popular or "classic" so there we are. I mean, everyone raves about Chanel #5 but to me it smells like mothballs. Same with Beautiful-i tried it in Macy's and it smelled really sharp at first. I let it sit for a while and smelled the scent strip again-no sale. It mellow out a bit but it still doesn't smell remotely floral. It just smells sharp, loud and suffocationg. I guess this is the matter of taste but its definately not for me. My BF ex-wife wore it so thankfully its the only perfume I have to avoid and since I can't stand it its no hardship.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2008 3:45:00 PM More reviews by BaileyS01

My mom has worn this perfume for as long as I can remember and she still gets compliments on it. Smells wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2008 5:59:00 AM More reviews by CandyApple85

i think this perfume is exquisite. it is strong - very strong - and needs to be handled with care! i have been known to bathe in perfumes to the detriment of the people around me, but i have only been wearing two sprays of beautiful, and that is more than enough. this scent has serious sillage. one spray alone will leave a scented trail in your wake. so, yes, it is very strong, and it could be described as a little dated - i prefer to use the words classic or timeless! and unlike perfumes from eras passed like poison, or youth dew, i find this one a lot more wearable. as for the scent itself - i don't know how i could describe it other than to say it is a very intense floral. it smells like a thousand flowers and very little else - on me i do also notice a sort of dried floral note which smells a little like a herbal tea bag (but in a good way!). well, this perfume certainly isn't for everyone, but sprayed delicately, it is sublime, and worth a try if you want to stand out from the crowd!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2008 12:18:00 PM More reviews by alissss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I want to say I will not buy this again... But based on experience, I know I will have a bottle of Beautiful in my collection at some point again (as I do now).

This was my signature scent in last year of high school and college - I know this probably colors my opinion of it. I do realise it's a bit "thin" as a perfume. Not so much dark, complex stuff happening. So it may be odd that it was my signature scent (as I was more dark and complex, than pretty and light).

Beautiful is not very complex but it's not a unidimensional floral. At least on me, this smells somewhat like snow and definitely a bit powdery - which is something I like, although many people hate powderiness in fragrance. For this reason, even though it's a floral, it's always been my winter perfume... I love picking up a soft, warm sweater which smells of Beautiful. Cheers me up on a winter day.