October 2, 2014 | 1567 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - infallible never fail makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by anyad47

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Makeup covers very quickly; however, seems to settle into lines - especially around eyes. Packaging is terrible. Makeup settles into the "spout" and requires almost daily cleaning (not easy to do) or ends up making a mess - squirting everywhere - otherwise. Would not recommend this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 3:11:00 PM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

this was just meh. nothing compared to Revoln Colorstay, IMO.

i found that the coverage want all that great, and it settled into fine lines around eyes, etc.

packaging sucked b/c somehow the cap got all full of foundation and was a real pain to clean.

pro's are that it didnt cause me any breakouts, and it didnt go on loking cakey.

however, with the other similarly-priced options available, i would not rebuy this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2011 6:12:00 PM More reviews by greeneyedape

I don't think this product deserves all the hate! Though, this is my first day wearing it so fingers crossed, it doesn't make me break out. I bought this on impulse; I'm always looking for my HG foundation. The shade I bought, classic ivory was a really good match. To me, it looks neutral, maybe some slightly pink undertones, but nothing insanely unrealistic as with some brands. On my first use, I was surprised at how liquid it was. I also tried L'Oreal's Visible Lift and I suppose I was expecting a creamier foundation. I used very sparringly and was happy with the coverage. The real test was wearing it to work, which I was nervous about because the majority of reviewers said that it left them oily very quickly. I checked my face in my compact several times throughout my shift and didn't notice any change! Yay! Of course after I applied the foundation, I did use several powder products: blush, bronzer and my Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder. I didn't use any primer today because I ran out! Ahh! But I have to say this actually held up better than my normal everyday foundation, Revlon Colorstay. The color stayed true and I'm still covered up. I would say this foundation is medium coverage. Before applying, I used Hard Candy's Glamoflague on my problem areas as I do have a couple pimples :( and some pretty heavy acne scars. The pump is great! If only every liquid foundation came with a pump! I would definitely say to give it a try, just make sure to set it with a good matte powder :) I took off one lippie for the price, which is a bit high for a DS foundation. I think mine was almost 14 dollars. I will repurchase if I run out and well, it doesn't break me out. I think the bottle will last a long time considering how little I used (maybe a pump and a half for my entire face). You do have to work a bit quicker than with some foundations. For me, I used my fingers on my T-zone and used a wet sponge to apply on my cheeks.
UPDATE:I've now been wearing this for almost two weeks and no breakouts :)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by littlepinkpony

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

ugh. Big love-hate relationship with this. It's thick and I feel like I just smeared pizza on my face.
ON THE OTHER HAND...
It evens out my skin tone decently, and actually covers some stuff up pretty nicely. 0.o
Wouldn't buy again though...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2011 12:53:00 PM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

this is just average: i purached this time ago kind of last year - I wanted a d/store foundation as I was on a budget) and struggled to go through the first application; it's thick (and I mean THICK), mask like and the color range is poor and always too rosy or too yellowy.
I did not like the way it blocked my skin, like it could not breathe. Got break outs too. A total no-go. Skip it.
You can find much better stuff (even drugstore ) for less or the same money (I am thinking Max Factor Xperience, one of the best d/store foundations in the market at the moment)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by bennodalove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

For reference, I am an NC20 with a mix of golden/yellow tones which makes finding a foundation colour that matches really difficult for me. I also have normal/combo sensitive skin.

I purchased this in the shade VANILLA which is really good match for my skin - it is yellow toned (but not Simpsons yellow) unlike most DS foundations. The only downside is that after 30mins or so the colour oxidises and turns about half a shade darker, looking a little orange on me...

The pump which is included is good as it makes things more practical, less messy and more hygienic. The price is a little high for DS (about £10.29 or something) but much less than I was paying for all my other HE foundations so I can't complain.

I have a very uneven skintone with some redness in areas and light acne scarring on my chin and left cheek bone. This foundation evens out my skintone and covers any redness really well. It gives medium coverage so my acne scars are barely visible. It is rather buildable but you can't apply too much or it will look heavy (you really don't even need to layer much though as it provides such good coverage...). Despite the good coverage it gives, it manages to not look like I've got a load of foundation on as it isn't cakey or thick or heavy.

It feels lightweight on my face and my skin is amazingly soft and smooth when I wear this. It gives a semi-matte finish, rather similar to the finish NARS sheer glow gives on me.

Lasting power is amazing. This is meant to last 16 and it really does deliver on that claim. I don't set this foundation with powder...even so, it lasts all day and night. I have to touch up maybe once or twice with blot paper but it still holds up for at least 11 hours. I don't notice any transfer either. I think those with oily skin may need to set with powder and use primer though as this is more for normal/combo skin types like myself.

I have very sensitive breakout prone skin and this foundation does not break me out and irritate me. Oh, and I think in the US they sell this as the '18 hour' formula (judging from the other reviews on here??) which is different to the UK '16 hour' one. So perhaps the two foundations are a little different.

I really do like this foundation, it would've been HG if it didn't oxidise!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2011 2:55:00 AM More reviews by FoxyConnie

I like that this comes in a pump. Overall, I don't think I would repurchase. I was suprise at the first used and that was it. Its light weight, medium to full coverage. I notice after couple wears that its dry/dull lookng on my face. I have very oily acne skin. I moisturized my face along w primer too. For that I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2011 1:01:00 AM More reviews by itscake4me

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have to give this foundation some praise. Not a miracle, but pretty good.
Pros - This has good staying power. Not 16 hours, which I doubt any foundation could do, but still lasts a pretty good time. I'm in college, and when I go out to parties on the weekend, this stuff keeps me looking fresh the longest out of any other foundations I've tried. Doesn't make my oily skin worse. This also has good coverage. I'd say it is medium to full, depending on how you apply. I apply a light amount allover, and then dot it onto areas with a sponge that need coverage. Also, this has not aggravated my acne.
Cons - It feels slightly heavy. When I don't apply much, it feels fine. However, if you use a sponge for fuller coverage, it can feel a bit like a mask. But I guess you have to expect that for good coverage and staying power. Also, the pump isn't the greatest. Usually, I prefer pumps, but this one becomes clogged at the opening very easily. Clean it off frequently or else it will squirt EVERYWHERE when you press it. I've had bad experiences with this.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2011 2:09:00 AM More reviews by laurindis

This offers good coverage, good staying power (but not 16 hours, about 6), good finish with a damp sponge because it is on the thicker side and set with powder afterwards. However it did break me out, like most L'Oreal foundations. I used it for about a month waiting for the break out to go away. Also, it felt pretty heavy on the skin, I was aware of wearing it during the day and that's just too much for me to handle.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2011 7:50:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpIsFabulous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This did not last as long as the bottle claimed it did...it smeared off mid-day and I looked like I'd been sweating or melting! ugh! I like the bottle and pump, but I will be returning this atroceous foundation!