Smashbox Photo Finish Primer

3.2

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract

I just read all of the wonderful ladies' reviews on this and am not sure if I'm going to purchase or not!

I received a sample from Sephora, and had the little packet in my makeup bag for a week...I had some time today and smoothed it on. Felt very nice...of course it's loaded with silicones, etc, but felt very velvety going on. Also, I read to not use much at all, so I didn't.

6 hours later, my face has ZERO shine. This stuff sucked up all of my afternoon shine on my T-zone. My foundation (Lancome Renergie Lift makeup NC20) has not budged.

Not a huge difference in my pores, but they do seem smoother in appearance. I'll wait and see if I break out, but so far, I'm really liking this primer! I don't know if I need to buy it for everyday, but it's nice to have on to extend my face makeup wear!

on 1/8/2014 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this stuff but I think it's really similar to other silicone primers out there!

My skin feels hydrated, silky soft and kind of blurred with this, like with others silicone primers. My foundation goes on super smooth and easily after I've applied this.

I got this as a sample and the sample really lasted a long time for me so maybe eventually I'll purchase.

EDIT on 2015-03-23:
I got another sample for this primer. I stand by my review, it's an ok primer but I'm thinking now that it's not worth the price. After having tested a lot of other primer, I think that this one is not really special. If you're on a tight budget, try the E.l.f. mineral infused primer, you might like it, it's similar to this one IMHO.

on 1/7/2014 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I am obsessed with this primer!!!! My makeup always looked cakey on my nose & cheeks - I have large pores & have been looking for something that would make them appear smaller. Then I found this. My makeup never looks bad anymore. It makes my skin feel so velvety smooth, I love it. It's pretty pricey, but this is the one thing I will splurge on!

on 1/6/2014 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I really enjoy this product. I have dry skin and I like that it has a hydrating component, and it feels like silk when you apply it. I don't know that it does ALL the things the package claims to, but it's better than nothing. When I run out this time I think I'll give another primer a try just to experiment, but previously I have repurchased multiple times.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I received a sample of this and used it today, and it looked nice....until I touched my face. Then I remembered why I had a full-size of this primer years ago that I ended up swapping away. Because the second my hand brushes across my face, the product balls up and looks like skin flakes (maybe this is what they put in those scam peel gels?). I can't see how I could apply foundation over this when it does this. And it balled up into flakes on both dry areas of my skin and my forehead, which is more oily. I've never used a primer that has had this effect.

That said, it feels nice cosmetically. Soft, silky, silicone-y. It didn't irritate my skin or break me out either time I used it, so it gets an extra star for that. I can see how it would be a nice product without the flaking, but for me, it's unusable.

on 1/2/2014 5:10:00 AM

im starting to see why smashbox is famous for their primers, it made my foundation last longer and also mixed in, it helps to sheer out into a tinted moisturizer. i bought the travel size, and its going to last a long time as rhere are many primers in my rotation. i like that it is oil free, i tried maybelline's age rewind, the feeling is pretty similar but that one made my skin feel as if jm wearing a mask. this one is really light weight, which i like. i would never but their jumbo 1.7 oz bc even though it says good deal, 49 is super expensive when you can buy 4 of the small ones (~1.6oz) and still spend $9 less. so the smaller sized bottles are actually more worth it ($10 each) and you get to try different formulas

on 12/31/2013 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have tried a lot of primers because i have a problem----i am a primer-aholic.....i love the feel of the primer on my face...i sometimes don't even put any makeup over it. anyway....the original smash box was my very very first primer. I fell in love with it but i have found similar products that i would repurchase also. The smell was never an issue, the texture is silicone-y feels like velvet--the foundation went on so very very smooth...doesnt sink into fine lines and it doesn't clog my pores. Did not break me out and it made my (Estee Lauder & Lancome) foundation last so much longer. the price is alright, but it is on the higher end, the packaging is in a squeeze tube but it is easy to control the amount being dispensed.

on 12/25/2013 4:30:00 PM

I think it is a great primer; minimize pores and make my skin feel smooth, and it prevents my skin from getting oily, but it also makes my skin break out a little the day after... So I use it only on important events.

on 12/21/2013 7:57:00 PM

I'm almost out of my first tube of this so I think I can give an honest review of the product. This primer is mediocre at best. Honestly, I think it is making me break out. It does go on smoothly and leaves my face feeling like velvet, but my makeup only lasts about four hours before starting to become an oily mess. I am using the green version, which really does not cancel out any of my redness (to be fair my hyper pigmentation is really dark and plentiful). I will not be repurchasing, and should have returned it but I had high hopes that it would somehow magically work one day. Oh well.

on 12/16/2013 8:00:00 AM

I got given a sample of this. At the time of month i tried it on and it completely broke me out, i didnt know if it was that or my time of the month( i dont usually get alot of spots at my time of month) then i did last week. My skins cleared up, i tried it again i dont know if i like it.. You can get other primers that are cheaper, than this which is £20

Popular Primer/ Correctors