Smashbox Photo Finish Primer

3.2

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract

on 2/13/2014 2:34:00 AM

Felt nice at first, but caused my foundation to look cakey. I don't understand the hype. Still looking for perfect primer.

on 2/12/2014 3:35:00 AM

I tend to have oily skin and wear foundation from 11am-3am. This primer seems to work great for 6-8hrs but then I feel like my face is just an oily mess. I use MAC Foundation though.

on 2/10/2014 11:03:00 PM

This is my go-to primer. It makes your skin so smooth so your foundation can go on smooth. It is absolutely amazing!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

My experience with this tends to depend on the foundation I am using. I don't wear primers alone. When I use this with a matte foundation like Kat Von D Lockit Foundation, I find that it makes me look cakey. When I use it with a foundation that gives a more dewey finish like Maybelline Fitme, it looks ok. I love that it's oil-free but overall it's not what I am looking for in a primer.

on 2/7/2014 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I got this as a sample with other purchases. I was really excited to try it out but unfortunately other then making my skin feel a bit softer after the initial application I didn't really see a huge difference in my makeup lasting. Some days it felt almost greasy on my skin if I used anymore then a pea sized amount. Maybe if I could have used more it would have been more noticeable? I would not recommend this over other primers.

Simply not worth the hype. Even though this claims to be oil-free, I feel my face greasy when I use it. Just...urgh.

on 1/27/2014 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

It has good staying power and was easy to apply/felt nice but broke me out horribly.

on 1/25/2014 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

There seem to be quite a few mixed reviews on this product. I can see where both sides are coming from to be honest. When I first tried this product I was on the side of people who thought it was horrible. I used a small amount like others recommended. Doing that I didn't see any difference to my makeup.
But when I began using more ( a slightly smaller than dime size amount on each cheek, forehead, and chin) I saw a difference. With this method I noticed my makeup staying without fading, and it didn't settle into the couple of lines near my mouth like it normally would. It makes putting on foundation a lot more pleasant as well since I don't have to rub as much to blend, and the foundation doesn't catch onto and emphasize any dry skin patches that may be present.

I have noticed slightly longer staying power but only by like an hour or so. But my foundation doesn't tend to wear off too much anyway unless it's really hot, and I haven't had this that long.

on 1/12/2014 8:05:00 AM

I honestly wanted to like this product when I bought it. Unfortunately it does nothing for me. I will admit it made my skin baby soft which offered a good base for my foundation. However, my makeup actually faded FASTER with this product than without. Maybe I just got a bad batch? I will not recommend this to anyone and I will not be buying it again.

I just read all of the wonderful ladies' reviews on this and am not sure if I'm going to purchase or not!

I received a sample from Sephora, and had the little packet in my makeup bag for a week...I had some time today and smoothed it on. Felt very nice...of course it's loaded with silicones, etc, but felt very velvety going on. Also, I read to not use much at all, so I didn't.

6 hours later, my face has ZERO shine. This stuff sucked up all of my afternoon shine on my T-zone. My foundation (Lancome Renergie Lift makeup NC20) has not budged.

Not a huge difference in my pores, but they do seem smoother in appearance. I'll wait and see if I break out, but so far, I'm really liking this primer! I don't know if I need to buy it for everyday, but it's nice to have on to extend my face makeup wear!