December 20, 2014 | 1479 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - MAC - Brush Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by fragiles0ng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a pretty big fan of this stuff. It's a really runny solution, with a consistency closer to water than shampoo. I usually fill the cap up with the cleaner, dip the wet brush in the lid, run the brush back and forth in my hand, and then rinse and air dry. I do wish it came with a spray head, because the thinness of the liquid makes it easy to pour out too much and waste product. A thicker formula would be easier to control with the cap it has, but this would work better as a spray. Overall, I like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2011 9:33:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have always used regular shampoo or high-quality French liquid hand soap with olive oil to wash my brushes. I bought this on a visit to the MAC counter after hearing so many raves. I had washed my brushes about 2 weeks ago, and use a daily brush cleaner on them after each use. I diluted this cleaner about 1:3 with hot water in a glass bowl and cleaned my brushes. I was shocked at how much pigment came out of the brushes! I had to change the water twice. Rinsed them, blotted on a towel and left brushes to air dry. I use E.L.F. Studio brushes, with a few MAC, Studio Basics, and Bare Escentuals. I'm extremely impressed with this cleaner. It deep-cleans brushes much better than regular shampoo or soap, dries quickly, and doesn't smell offensive. I will definitely repurchase and will not go back to any other product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this brush cleanser. Cleans well and disinfects, but I wish it wasn't as diluted. I wish it was more like a shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by jls517

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well this is my first brush cleaner so I don't have a lot to compare to, but its gets the job done with little products. I've been using it once a week to clean my new mac brushes. It easily washes away the product and rinses off cleanly from the brush. It take a tiny dab onto a wet brush and just gently massage it in. Give it a good rinse, reshape and lay on a paper towel overnight to try. I probably will try some cheaper brush cleaners before I buy another, but since this is part of the Back 2 Mac program I'll probably end up getting it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2011 1:24:00 PM More reviews by millenababy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's a very good spot cleaning solution. A bit expensive for my taste, but honestly I can't say I have found anything cheaper that works so well.
The only thing I would change about it is the packaging: I would add a spray pump to avoid wasting any product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 3:05:00 PM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This isnt the best brush cleaner in the world. Dont get me wrong it's great but for deep cleansing I prefer a sulfate free gentle cleansing shampoo with a natural antiseptic (I like Phillip b Scent of Santa fe shampoo) but this works great for spot cleaning and on the go and on location. A lot comes in the bottle for the price as well. This really helps preserve the quality of brushes that can really last a lifetime if you take the right measures.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by elledanseseule

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff works great for spot cleaning. It takes off most of the residue, and disinfects your brushes and dries quickly, but it won't take off everything.

I spot clean my brushes with the brush cleanser every day, and then I clean then weekly with a mixture of olive oil and antibacterial soap. I do this in the evening so they have time to dry overnight so they are ready to use when I get up!

The only real CON I can think of is the packaging. If the bottle came with a spray head, it would work better. Because of the lid thingy, you tend to pour out a lot more than you need, and it usually also leaks down the bottle after you get done pouring it on a tissue. So there is quite some waste if you're not careful.

Will definitely buy again when my bottle runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 7:05:00 AM More reviews by lucylucyhh

Amazing stuff. Only need to apply the tiniest amount and it completely removes all traces off make-up instantly.
The way I do it is;
wet the brush under the tap and squeeze off excess water
put the plug in the sink and pour a tiny amount into the sink
swirl the brush round in the cleanser and work through with fingers
rinse off brush and see the brush come completely clean!

Lovely lovely lovely; will be repurchasing. Though not anytime soon as there's a decent amount in the bottle and you only need a little bit for each brush anyway!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 7:29:00 PM More reviews by BeeGee35

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm on my 3rd bottle of this. I have come to the conclusion I am just too darn lazy to deep clean my brushes as often as I should. This is just really convenient. I will continue to purchase this. MAC emails free shipping codes practically every other day so I just purchase when I have a free code and its worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 6:47:00 AM More reviews by np_7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my all around brush cleanser. I use it for spot cleaning and deep cleaning my brushes. Although for spot cleaning, I feel that this leaves my brushes a little sticky. So, personally I like to deep clean my brushes (esp. my foundation brushes) after each use. As for eye brushes, I spot clean most of the time. But anyway, this cleanser does an excellent job of doing both. I like how my stippling brush goes back to a crispy white color after deep cleansing with this (and that's even diluting the cleanser with a little water, so a little definitely goes a long way). Also, my brushes stay nice and soft. Will definitely buy again.