July 31, 2014 | 1802 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - MAC - Brush Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by elledanseseule

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff works great for spot cleaning. It takes off most of the residue, and disinfects your brushes and dries quickly, but it won't take off everything.

I spot clean my brushes with the brush cleanser every day, and then I clean then weekly with a mixture of olive oil and antibacterial soap. I do this in the evening so they have time to dry overnight so they are ready to use when I get up!

The only real CON I can think of is the packaging. If the bottle came with a spray head, it would work better. Because of the lid thingy, you tend to pour out a lot more than you need, and it usually also leaks down the bottle after you get done pouring it on a tissue. So there is quite some waste if you're not careful.

Will definitely buy again when my bottle runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 7:05:00 AM More reviews by lucylucyhh

Amazing stuff. Only need to apply the tiniest amount and it completely removes all traces off make-up instantly.
The way I do it is;
wet the brush under the tap and squeeze off excess water
put the plug in the sink and pour a tiny amount into the sink
swirl the brush round in the cleanser and work through with fingers
rinse off brush and see the brush come completely clean!

Lovely lovely lovely; will be repurchasing. Though not anytime soon as there's a decent amount in the bottle and you only need a little bit for each brush anyway!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 7:29:00 PM More reviews by BeeGee35

I'm on my 3rd bottle of this. I have come to the conclusion I am just too darn lazy to deep clean my brushes as often as I should. This is just really convenient. I will continue to purchase this. MAC emails free shipping codes practically every other day so I just purchase when I have a free code and its worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 6:47:00 AM More reviews by np_7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my all around brush cleanser. I use it for spot cleaning and deep cleaning my brushes. Although for spot cleaning, I feel that this leaves my brushes a little sticky. So, personally I like to deep clean my brushes (esp. my foundation brushes) after each use. As for eye brushes, I spot clean most of the time. But anyway, this cleanser does an excellent job of doing both. I like how my stippling brush goes back to a crispy white color after deep cleansing with this (and that's even diluting the cleanser with a little water, so a little definitely goes a long way). Also, my brushes stay nice and soft. Will definitely buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2010 11:07:00 PM More reviews by megs85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's ok. I don't spot clean, so using baby shampoo for deep cleaning works better for me. And it's cheaper!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2010 8:17:00 PM More reviews by smdaigle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought a bottle of this after investing in some good brushes. I pour a very small amount into a tiny cup and swirl my brushes in the cleanser then rinse. A small amount goes a long way and I've been using the same bottle for 3 months with frequent (almost daily) brush cleaning. It does a good job of getting everything out of the brush including the blackest gel liner. Even the white bristle brushes are white after washing. On occasion I'll squirt a small amount onto a paper towel and wipe a brush back and forth over the damp spot to do a quick clean on a brush I need right away. Using this method the brush is ready to use in minutes.

I think this is a good product to help protect my expensive brushes and have already purchased my backup bottle.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2010 5:29:00 PM More reviews by xloveee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first time trying a brush cleanser. In my opinion $12 is a little too much but it is completely worth it! I use this almost daily to spot clean my brushes, this way I can let it slide a little longer for not deep cleaning my brushes. It also dries really quickly. I just grab a paper towel, spray the brush cleanser onto it and spot clean. I wish they inserted a spray nozzle instead because it wastes a lot of product if you just pour it out from the cap. I had to buy a spray bottle and pour some out, which is much better. Doesn't waste as much product and I can take it with me when I travel. I think this is going to last me a very long time, I bought this back in August and I still have 90% left.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 4:42:00 PM More reviews by amberlye

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I ended up with this on accident. I was at the mac store buying a paint and the 219 brush. At checkout the girl asked if I needed brush cleaner but I thought she said "do you use brush cleaner?" Having responded yes I ended up with the product. For $12 I figured Id try it. I really like it except now I have to go out and get a spray bottle because the cap is not user friendly.
I will repurchase because I can't stand washing my brushes with baby shampoo and waiting a long time for them to dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2010 3:18:00 AM More reviews by jay4jazz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great product for cleaning brushes between deep cleans, and conditions them as well. Only problem is the packaging! Half the product goes down the sink! So I have taken off one lippy. I put it in a spray bottle and dilute it with 30-40% water so it lasts longer and doesn't dry out brushes. I also have a couple of flannel towelettes to wipe the brushes on after I've done a couple sprays of the product and repeat a couple times till clean. The brushes dry really quick and I can do someone's make up, knowing the brushes are sterilized.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2010 2:43:00 AM More reviews by VenessaG

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Mac is a very popular brand, it's one of my favorites--or should I say favorite, it's not that people worship this brand, and are always trying to get the latest products, but MAC has really won it's place. Their brush cleaner is one of my favorites. Another item people think it's useless. I like to use it to quickly clean off my brushes if I don't feel like fully washing them. You don't need that much of the product to just clean a makeup brush daily if you are feeling lazy too wash your brushes, so therefore this item is a must for me. It makes my day easier, and faster, I could just wipe off my brush from yesterday, and use it that day . It's not good to wash your brushes daily so this item does come in handy, and it's not that expensive, if you think about it since after wards you can use the bottle for BACK to MAC empty program. Both way beneficial.