October 23, 2014 | 1828 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - MAC - Brush Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2011 1:24:00 PM More reviews by millenababy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's a very good spot cleaning solution. A bit expensive for my taste, but honestly I can't say I have found anything cheaper that works so well.
The only thing I would change about it is the packaging: I would add a spray pump to avoid wasting any product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 3:05:00 PM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This isnt the best brush cleaner in the world. Dont get me wrong it's great but for deep cleansing I prefer a sulfate free gentle cleansing shampoo with a natural antiseptic (I like Phillip b Scent of Santa fe shampoo) but this works great for spot cleaning and on the go and on location. A lot comes in the bottle for the price as well. This really helps preserve the quality of brushes that can really last a lifetime if you take the right measures.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by elledanseseule

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff works great for spot cleaning. It takes off most of the residue, and disinfects your brushes and dries quickly, but it won't take off everything.

I spot clean my brushes with the brush cleanser every day, and then I clean then weekly with a mixture of olive oil and antibacterial soap. I do this in the evening so they have time to dry overnight so they are ready to use when I get up!

The only real CON I can think of is the packaging. If the bottle came with a spray head, it would work better. Because of the lid thingy, you tend to pour out a lot more than you need, and it usually also leaks down the bottle after you get done pouring it on a tissue. So there is quite some waste if you're not careful.

Will definitely buy again when my bottle runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 7:05:00 AM More reviews by lucylucyhh

Amazing stuff. Only need to apply the tiniest amount and it completely removes all traces off make-up instantly.
The way I do it is;
wet the brush under the tap and squeeze off excess water
put the plug in the sink and pour a tiny amount into the sink
swirl the brush round in the cleanser and work through with fingers
rinse off brush and see the brush come completely clean!

Lovely lovely lovely; will be repurchasing. Though not anytime soon as there's a decent amount in the bottle and you only need a little bit for each brush anyway!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 7:29:00 PM More reviews by BeeGee35

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm on my 3rd bottle of this. I have come to the conclusion I am just too darn lazy to deep clean my brushes as often as I should. This is just really convenient. I will continue to purchase this. MAC emails free shipping codes practically every other day so I just purchase when I have a free code and its worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 6:47:00 AM More reviews by np_7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my all around brush cleanser. I use it for spot cleaning and deep cleaning my brushes. Although for spot cleaning, I feel that this leaves my brushes a little sticky. So, personally I like to deep clean my brushes (esp. my foundation brushes) after each use. As for eye brushes, I spot clean most of the time. But anyway, this cleanser does an excellent job of doing both. I like how my stippling brush goes back to a crispy white color after deep cleansing with this (and that's even diluting the cleanser with a little water, so a little definitely goes a long way). Also, my brushes stay nice and soft. Will definitely buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2010 11:07:00 PM More reviews by megs85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's ok. I don't spot clean, so using baby shampoo for deep cleaning works better for me. And it's cheaper!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2010 8:17:00 PM More reviews by smdaigle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought a bottle of this after investing in some good brushes. I pour a very small amount into a tiny cup and swirl my brushes in the cleanser then rinse. A small amount goes a long way and I've been using the same bottle for 3 months with frequent (almost daily) brush cleaning. It does a good job of getting everything out of the brush including the blackest gel liner. Even the white bristle brushes are white after washing. On occasion I'll squirt a small amount onto a paper towel and wipe a brush back and forth over the damp spot to do a quick clean on a brush I need right away. Using this method the brush is ready to use in minutes.

I think this is a good product to help protect my expensive brushes and have already purchased my backup bottle.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2010 5:29:00 PM More reviews by xloveee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first time trying a brush cleanser. In my opinion $12 is a little too much but it is completely worth it! I use this almost daily to spot clean my brushes, this way I can let it slide a little longer for not deep cleaning my brushes. It also dries really quickly. I just grab a paper towel, spray the brush cleanser onto it and spot clean. I wish they inserted a spray nozzle instead because it wastes a lot of product if you just pour it out from the cap. I had to buy a spray bottle and pour some out, which is much better. Doesn't waste as much product and I can take it with me when I travel. I think this is going to last me a very long time, I bought this back in August and I still have 90% left.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 4:42:00 PM More reviews by amberlye

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I ended up with this on accident. I was at the mac store buying a paint and the 219 brush. At checkout the girl asked if I needed brush cleaner but I thought she said "do you use brush cleaner?" Having responded yes I ended up with the product. For $12 I figured Id try it. I really like it except now I have to go out and get a spray bottle because the cap is not user friendly.
I will repurchase because I can't stand washing my brushes with baby shampoo and waiting a long time for them to dry.