Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue

3.7

Favorite Fragrance! Always get compliments!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

light & fresh - perfect for spring/summer

I personally like this perfume and its refreshing scent. But I'm no longer using it since everyone seems to have one. I don't want to smell just like everybody else.

This is the most overworn scent ever and it smells like prostitutes.

I'll be honest: I love this perfume. If I had it my way, it'd be my signature scent. The only thing keeping me from wearing it every day is the fact that it's probably the most over-worn perfume I can think of. Everyone seems to have it. Everyone seems to have a strong opinion on it. So much easier just to spray on something else.

What I don't think people realize is that body chemistry matters when choosing a perfume.In most cases, the way it smells on skin is completely different from the way it smells in the bottle. Because Light Blue is admittedly pretty great-smelling on a perfume strip and doesn't seem too heavy, I think a lot of people feel comfortable buying it without trying it out first. No. Don't do that. There's potential for disaster.

The thing with Light Blue is that it contains both fresh and sweet notes, and which one is more noticeable can't be predicted until you try it out. If the 'fresh' note is over-emphasized, you'll end up smelling like detergent or air freshener. If your body chemistry makes the sweet note stand out too much, you'll get that cloying scent that other people complain about in the comments. In my experience, people compliment me on my perfume, ask me what I'm wearing, and then don't believe that it's Light Blue. Seriously, that's how much the scent varies from person to person- it can be unrecognizable.

On me, Light Blue starts out smelling fresh, and in an hour mellows out to light, 'water-based' sweetness. It's nice and subtle and refreshing. The staying power is average to longer-than-average, and the scent doesn't evolve to something completely different at the end of the day.

Bottom line: As with every perfume, this isn't for everyone. Just because it's nice in the bottle doesn't mean that it will complement someone's unique body chemistry. If, however, it works for you, it's a great, uplifting and summery perfume.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I think this scent is lovely - balmy, lemony citrus with fresh green accords and some white floral thrown in for good measure. It totally conjures up thoughts of the coastal Italy, the beach, summer, etc for me. When I use this, I think of a perfect romantic vacation. :)

However, it has NO staying power whatsoever and that drives me crazy!

I have several other scents I like a lot better, and they stay on longer, so I wouldn't repurchase.

This is a great perfume, but it does have a slight alcoholic smell to it. It fades after a while and does smell wonderful!

I was really excited when I received a small sample of this perfume from Sephora, because I remembered I had smelled it a while ago and liked it. Boy was I wrong. The light scent is girly and very fresh but extremely strong (the give-you-a-headache type of strong). To me it doesn't smell very expensive if you know what I mean, and actually reminds me of one of those $15 Victoria's Secret sprays. Might be nice for summertime, but not worth the price tag.

Yes, it's pretty much tied with Viva La Juicy right now for "Most Obnoxiously Worn and Over Applied Fragrance by Everyone Trying to Be Classy or Just Wearing it Because it Was a Christmas Gift and I Feel Guilty For Not Wearing it" award...

But you know, I still happen to like it. I know that everywhere you go, you will always smell this, however it still smells just wonderful!

And guess what. I still wear it too. Maybe not in public so I won't be a hypocrite, but I really love wearing it around the house. It's just me, and Light Blue, and I'm in my happy little world imagining sand between my toes, fresh laundry, and a little bit of sunshine trailing wherever I go.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Looking for a citrus refreshing for my mom- in- law. I found it. Lemon, citrus. This one is ageless. I love it also.

Popular Fragrances