Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue

3.7

on 2/18/2013 9:04:00 PM

I was really excited when I received a small sample of this perfume from Sephora, because I remembered I had smelled it a while ago and liked it. Boy was I wrong. The light scent is girly and very fresh but extremely strong (the give-you-a-headache type of strong). To me it doesn't smell very expensive if you know what I mean, and actually reminds me of one of those $15 Victoria's Secret sprays. Might be nice for summertime, but not worth the price tag.

on 2/12/2013 11:07:00 PM

Yes, it's pretty much tied with Viva La Juicy right now for "Most Obnoxiously Worn and Over Applied Fragrance by Everyone Trying to Be Classy or Just Wearing it Because it Was a Christmas Gift and I Feel Guilty For Not Wearing it" award...

But you know, I still happen to like it. I know that everywhere you go, you will always smell this, however it still smells just wonderful!

And guess what. I still wear it too. Maybe not in public so I won't be a hypocrite, but I really love wearing it around the house. It's just me, and Light Blue, and I'm in my happy little world imagining sand between my toes, fresh laundry, and a little bit of sunshine trailing wherever I go.

on 2/7/2013 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Looking for a citrus refreshing for my mom- in- law. I found it. Lemon, citrus. This one is ageless. I love it also.

on 1/30/2013 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using Light Blue as a summer perfume since I was 14! It is one of my absolute favourite fragrances ever I adore the fresh citrus scent. It is so crisp, clean and refreshing, plus it always reminds me of the sea, fresh air and sunshine. It has decent lasting power for an eau de toilette, but I do find myself reapplying once or twice throughout the day.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I enjoyed this perfume because it was light and breezy. It is the type of perfume that can be worn by an 18 year old or a woman in her 60's. It is elegant, pretty, and refreshing. When I first sprayed myself it smelled just like Lemon Fresh cleaning spray. A few minutes later is had more of a cedar, and aquatic smell. It smells similar to Cool Water and Acqua di Gioia. I almost bought Gioia, but it had mint in it and it just made the perfume smell strange to me. I think Light Blue is better for my body chemistry (I have oilly skin). It has a universal appeal because it is not too power, or too sweet, or too musky. It can seem like a boring scent, but it is simple and natural. I believe a lady should use different scents. This is perfect for casual/day/spring/summer. I tend to own two or three perfumes at a time, and I also use body splash from time to time. Therefore I have a lot of choices. I would not wear this at night time at a bar or romantic occassional, but I'll be honest, this perfume may seem simple for a woman but for whatever reason men seem to really like it. I think it is because it is pleasant without being too "loud". I noticed that people were saying that it does not last long. It does last about 3-4 hours, and then you need a mid-day spritz or a splash before going out for dinner. People who have dry skin tend to experience "disappearing" perfume. A woman should layer her scent. You don't even need a matching lotion to pair it with. If you moisturize your skin, especially in the places where you spray perfume, the oils in the perfume will stick on to your skin longer. I have used St. Ives lotion all over my body, and even the unscented lotion helps hold my perfume longer. This perfume is good for the summer because the summer heat makes the perfume "bloom" nicely. Therefore if you wear this in the winter there is not enough heat or moisture in the air to really give this perfume any justice. It is best worn casually in the day-time at a work environment, school, or church. It can be worn at night but it's better to wear this at night during the summer. This perfume could evaporate quickly in the cooler months of the year. The reason I say all of this is because I have been wearing expensive perfume since I was about 14. I would get a bottle from the department store once a year. It was usually for my b-day or x-mas. I learned how to apply perfume properly, and how to differentiate the notes in the mixture. This is a very simple chic type of perfume. It can be expensive so I suggest ordering it online or looking at discount stores like Marshalls or T.J. Maxx. The department stores might have good gift sets/values coming out for V-day so check out the nearest Carson's or Macy's.

This website might be a good reference as to how to apply perfume, and make it last longer.

on 1/27/2013 6:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This scent quickly grew on me as I kept smelling it off a test strip. A light musky citrus scent. I only do spray this once because its quite strong for me. Also because of one spritz I dont think its lasts long. Overall Im not mad in love with this fragrance but do like it. My boyfriend on the other hand LOVES it! I used to wear Ralph by Ralph Lauren and he always jokes that it smelled like an old woman, really?!

on 1/21/2013 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely adore this perfume. It smells amazing. Smells like Italy in a bottle to me! Smells soooo good. It reminds me of a hot summer on the beach, drinking a nice cocktail and just relaxing..
I personally think the perfume is pricey, but it is worth the price though. And I don't mind to spend the amount of money on this perfume, I'd buy it even if it would cost 500 dollars lol. That's how much I love it!
The packaging is nice, I love the bottle, although I find it a little hard to hold in my hands sometimes, but that's maybe because I have small hands...? :P
Overall, one of my all time favorite perfumes. I'll always continue to buy this perfume. Love it!

on 1/17/2013 9:21:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Such a gorgeous scent! I'm usually into more floral and fruity smells, but this stuff won me over at first whiff. It smells very soapy and clean, and it's an extremely light fragrance that doesn't leave people gagging as you walk by. My only gripe is that it wears off after a few hours, but I still love it! Definitely buying again once my bottle runs out!

on 1/10/2013 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

One of my favorite scents, love it!! One of the two perfumes I have repurchased and will continue to do so. It is a little pricey but totally worth it.

on 1/10/2013 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I may be biased about this scent, since my boss bought a bottle for everyone at work and weirdly enough, it's what his wife wears. And despite the lovely gesture, it did feel a tad strange to be swanning about work smelling like my employer's wife.
That said, it actually is a bit too strong for me. For some reason, it reminds me of water. It's undoubtedly 'fresh' but for me, it's fresh in the same way that toilet air fresheners are fresh... they're a bit sterile.
I don't really know when I'd wear it as it's got the strength for night use yet the scent for day wear...
Overall, I'm guessing that it may just be me since it was rated very well by other users.

Popular Fragrances