July 28, 2014 | 2279 users online

Scrubs - Burt's Bees - Citrus Facial Scrub

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2008 12:52:00 PM More reviews by FeeFee34

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This makes for a great exfoliator, but I'm surprised that it's marketed as a daily treatment. It seems a bit too harsh and like it would leave skin too sensitive after daily use, but I use this whenever I need an extra-clean perk-up and never more than twice in one week at the very most.

It's a hardened, grainy brown scrub that comes in a clear glass tub with yellow lid. My only complaint is that it does get a little hard to dig out and is a little annoying if you have long nails. It can get a bit messy around the sink, as it becomes very soft and pliable when wet.

The key is to use this gently and let the actual scrub do the work. It's great at doing exactly what it says it does: exfoliate. I have senstive skin, and thankfully this does not irritate it. I also love the fresh-pumpkin-bread scent, and I don't smell anything all that citrussy in it, despite the product's name.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2007 11:33:00 PM More reviews by soniawonia

it leaves my face SO smooth!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! It smells like pumpkin pie! AHHHHHH I love it!! I cannot believe how smooth I feel afterwards. The packaging is great cause its glass and it keeps the product fresh for longer. Plus adds a touch of class.
Since it leaves a film after rinsed off and I have oily skin, I use the garden tomato toner afterwards to remove it and it, man, i effin love it. Listen to me. It's the shiznit.
UPDATE: I'm on my second jar. It lasts so so long. A little goes a long way. Its not harsh like many scrubs ive use, St you know who. A little scrub, a little water and youre good. I put some on my palm, add water, and rub my hands together, then apply to my cheeks first then distribute.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2007 5:59:00 PM More reviews by droberson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is another BB's product that I didn't like at all. Not good for oily, acne prone skin. Made my skin even oilier and broke me out. I love that it's natural but not for me. If you like natural products the Devita Natural Skincare line is much better for acne prone, sensitive skin. Also available at natural health food stores and online directly from Devita.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2007 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Lyaana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This isn't a bad product. I use it while in the shower. I dip my damp wash cloth in the jar and give my face a daily scrub to get rid of the dead skin. I like it but it still may go back to Origins Modern Friction.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2007 8:28:00 PM More reviews by ajk210

Though this is marketed as a facial scrub, I find I use it most as an exfoliatent for my lips. I find it a bit too moist to use daily on the face, but it works perfectly to treat chapped lips. Even when my lips are sensitive due to cold, dry air, this scrub doesn’t irritate them at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2007 2:25:00 AM More reviews by bonita29

I have bought at least 4 containers of this over the years and I like it. A couple things to know about this product is the exfoliation grains are large, you need to be careful with that as it can be hard on your skin, stretching it. So when I use it I only use a little make sure I have water on my hands to soften it. I also use it on my knees and elbows in the shower. I like it and will repurchse.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2007 10:06:00 PM More reviews by melliexp

I love Burt Bee's products. They work very well with my skin (sensitive and oily in T-zone area). As for this product, it is great for my face. It exfoliates while not being too harsh, and my skin is left feeling clean afterwards. It doesnt purge pores as well as I hope it would, but seeing as I love how my face feels afterwards is good enough for me =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2007 8:20:00 AM More reviews by pixielu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I didn't think I would like this, but actually I think it's great. It's pretty scrubby, so I only use it occasionally, but it leaves my skin feeling very soft and cleansed.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2007 1:43:00 AM More reviews by chasleigh44

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this as a daily face scrub. I have combination, acne-prone skin, which means I can never use anything too harsh or else risk a horrible break-out, but I need daily exfoliation to unclog pores. And this product does the trick. After about 5 mins of massaging this into my skin, it rinses away and my face feels totally fresh and ready for toner. The first time I used it, it was a little weird to pull out of the jar, but it only took a few tries before I realized it's chunky until you mix water, so I only pull a little at a time onto my palm. Seriously, this stuff is wonderful, and 99.94% natural! And at 10 bucks a pop, I'm sold!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2007 5:18:00 PM More reviews by pitterpatterson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Well, I would purchase this again if I didn't make my own skincare.

This scrub is a cheaper, more aromatic version of the Dr. Hauschka cleansing cream. It, like most other natural prodcuts, takes some getting used to.

The key to this is to follow a system--use a little in the palm of your hand, put a FEW DROPS of water in it, and make it into the consistiency you like. Be careful about adding too much water too quickly, you could end up with grit and colored water insted of an actual scrub.

This product is gentle and won't scrape the face, but if you apply it like you do the Hauschka cleansing cream, (sort of work it into your face using rolling hand motions) it gets the surface nicely scrubbed without redness, dryness, or irritation.

I wasn't crazy about the scent, because I have never really liked down home smells like apple pie, cinnamon, or citrus mixed together. But, I did get used to it, and used 2 full jars of this stuff up before I started making my own.

It is reasonably priced, which is something Burt's Bees does really well. They make nice, mostly natural products at a price the average person can afford.

Which is what its all about---making sustainability affordable.

I keep their glass scrub jars around to package my own stuff in.