NYX Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil - Milk

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Ceresin Wax, Candelilla Wax, Bees Wax, Squalane, Hydrogenated Styrene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mineral Oils, Polyisobutene, Butylated Hydroxy Anisole, Propyl Paraben, Mica, Talc, C.I.77499, Pearl Powder.

on 5/27/2013 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I am sort of torn about this jumbo pencil. Yes, it's a great base for eyeshadows and helps make them more vibrant. However, I find that Milk creases a lot more than the 4 other jumbo pencils I own (Black Bean, Iced Mocha, French Fries, and Cottage Cheese). Even when I apply UDPP, it gets cakey and makes my shadows look muddy after a couple of hours. I probably will not be repurchasing this.

on 5/24/2013 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I originally bought this product for a Halloween makeup application for myself. It was a random buy at the time. Since then I have read reviews on this product and learned that it is so incredibly versatile and can be used for many other things... not JUST Halloween makeup. Since I am so fair, it works perfectly as a hi lighter. I thought it sounded crazy (because its white!) until I actually tried it, but it works phenomenally. Also works great as a base for shadows to really make them pop, or alone as a base, or just in the inner corners.

on 4/24/2013 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Cons: crappy cap lid! cracked about week 2 lol And would be nice if it had a twist-up bottom :(

Pros: creamy! pigmented but not harsh, great as highlight and really brightens up inner corner. I have stubborn undereye circles and as an experiment, I went over the darkest area with Milk, and then applied concealer as usual - big difference! i love it!

PS -- it crumbles if you sharpen it, but POP IT IN THE FREEZER FOR 20 MINUTES AND IT SHARPENS LIKE A DREAM!!! back to the day you bought it!

on 4/23/2013 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is great for inner corners and as a base for eyeshadows. It's so creamy, pigmented and easy to blend. Because it's "jumbo", it might be a bit difficult applying on your waterline but you get the hang of it right away.

Don't really like the packaging of it though. The cap started cracking after my second use. It's also not retractable. And you can't sharpen it either. Which means you're left with only a tiny amount to work with but I guess it's okay since it's so pigmented, you won't use too much.

I like it and recommend it.

on 4/14/2013 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product! It's the perfect product to use if you want a clean "slate" when it comes to really colourful and pigmented eye shadows. This white jumbo pencil is very pigmented and a little goes a long way. It helps mute out your lids' natural colour and helps show the true colour of the eyeshadow of your preference. It does its job wonderfully and I don't think I can ever go without it whenever I want a more vibrant look. However, it is a little bit sticky when you first put it on so I always wait for it to dry a little bit before proceeding with the actual eyeshadow. I also don't think it will serve well as a primer so I always use an actual primer or NYX's Skin Tone Base before using this pencil. The best thing the price isn't that bad and it lasts you for a really long time.

on 4/14/2013 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I was super excited to get this because of the good reviews. I wanted to use it for my inner corner, and thought it would work well. I purchased cottage cheese along with milk, and I didn't like either. I found them both to be drying, and both went on patchy. The caps are awful, they always seem to crack and then the tip of the crayon gets smushed down. I would not repurchase.

on 4/13/2013 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the NYX jumbo pencil in Milk!!!!!! This is by far the best eyeshadow primer ever!!!!! Now I don't normally use this as an actual eyeshadow but more as a primer and let me tell you it is the best!!!!

For me the secret is to not slather it all over my lids but to use a little bit and then smear it around with my finger.....it really is the best primer/base it works with every color eyeshadow from super bright colorful shades to neutral shades....it makes my cheap dollar store shadows look like MAC!!!!! It's just a great product....I highly recommend it!!!!

on 4/7/2013 8:20:00 AM

This is my first NYX product, this pencil is my HG
I love using white eyeliner under my eyes because it makes them look bigger, and this pencil is so perfect to me.
I can use for multiple things, a base, primer, white eyeliner, use it on my tearduct
Its amazing, i use it every single day.
I will buy another one as soon as i ran out, ASAP.
I have the nars white eyeliner, and i prefer this jumbo pencil 1000x more than the nars.

The ONLY con i have is that i wish you didn't have to sharpen it, because i have NO idea what type of sharpener would be big enough and strong enough to sharpen this pencil.
It would've been better if the stick came with those twisty ends, so that way you would just have to twist for the product to come out.

on 4/5/2013 1:43:00 PM

This does work well for an eyeshadow base however def does not have a strong stay power like other products / primers out there. I guess its a good cheaper alternative however I prefer my gorgeous eyeshadow primer :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

All I can say is ... heck yeah!! I love this product. I use it as an eyeshadow base for my oily lids (helps eyeshadow stay longer, and have a stronger 'pop' of color), as a highlighter, and on my waterline. Nice, creamy texture that blends out very well. Be warned, you MUST blend it well with your fingers -- trying to apply it straight from the pencil with no blending creates creasing. My only complaint is that it is a pain in the butt to sharpen, due to the very creamy texture of the pencil. Over all, I love this product and will buy again ... and again ... and again.