September 17, 2014 | 2287 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil - Milk

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really do like this. I can wear this as my all over lid primer and it holds up with my greasy lids. It's got a tackiness to it that eyeshadow adhears nicely to if you want a color to really pop. In hot weather, I can feel this on my eyes. It's the weirdest thing. It's like a strange tingle/itch. It's probably slightly irritating to my skin, but it hasn't caused any problems.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2013 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Cathuggins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this pencil! I bought it originally to do doll eyes for Halloween and then used it to do my day of the dead makeup and found it brilliantly white and easy to apply! The only thing I dislike about this pencil is that its nearly impossible to sharpen them! So you can imagine how many pencils one goes through trying to achieve the perfect day of the dead face. But for use here and there its totally worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by NinaSun

Oh my god. The makeup gods have bestowed upon mankind this wondrous product that is the most perfect eyeshadow base in all the universes to have ever existed because we must have done something right, humanity, to have this amazing product amongst us. First of all, let me say that I have heard amazing things about this for forever now and have only started using it for a couple of months. I didn't really get the appeal before but now I completely do, after having purchasing it. The texture of the pencil is so so so creamy! It doesn't drag at your eyes at all, you don't need to heat it up on your hand or anything, it's just naturally that creamy. It's also extremely pigmented. I usually run it about 2/3 times across my lid and then blend the edges out with my finger and trust me, using this REALLY does make a difference to the longevity + brightness of your eyeshadow! It's really good for brighter/lighter colors as it really makes them pop!
I also love the actual pencil. I love how big it is and how you can go for awhile without sharpening it. If you do need to sharpen it, I recommend the big pencil sharpener from ultra for about $3. You don't ever really need to sharpen it though, as one pencil comes with a heck done of product and will last you forever.
This is my holy grail eyeshadow base that I almost always apply after eyelid primer and I am obsessed.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by myfavoritePA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Creamy, pigmented, long-lasting, versatile...what's not to love?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

NYX jumbo pencils are amazing. This is the shade that everyone owns. Plain, bright white. It's a highlights or a base. Very useful. Lasts forever. My only complaint is that the cap cracks really easily, Still love this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 3:59:00 AM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Milk is a matte, slightly off-white white that I think is a must-have for all eyeshadow wearers.
It's fantastic as a highlight on the browbone and tear duct, and it can also be worn as a base to make eyeshadows "pop", or even on the waterline to make your eyes appear bigger and brighter.
If worn as a base, however, it does tend to crease, as all the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils do. However, as with all cream products, the more your build, the more it'll crease. Creasing minimizes with a primer and/or MAC Paint Pot or Maybelline Color Tattoo underneath, but I shouldn't really have to.
But, for the $4.50 price tag for a full 5 grams of product, I'm not going to complain (I bought mine for only $3.40 each from Cherry Culture, yeeeee). This seems cheap enough, but it's a total steal compared to Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencils, that cost $20 each for 2.8 g, or even worse, Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks, that cost $24 each for only 0.05 g!
Would I repurchase? Yes.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Scarlyanne

This is a great pencil, I've used it as an eyeshadow base a few times with minimal creasing. I mainly used it on Halloween all over my face to give me a paler complexion, it worked amazingly well for that and stayed all night!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

Its okay. I'm just glad it isn't sparkly. I use it as an eyeshadow base and it doesn't crease on me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

This is like a must have base for me in my make up bag. It is very creamy with a nice texture and it is the staple to use for eyeshadow. Mostly, I like to use it for my inner corner, waterline or I stick some on my brow bone, blend out with a brush so it becomes creamier, then put a sheer highlight shadow overtop (current favourite, Venus by Urban Decay) and it makes a beautiful shimmery highlight, and you can choose how dramatic or un-dramatic you want it to be. It is really multipurpose and so cheap. I think my only complaints would be how exactly are you supposed to sharpen it? It doesn't look as though it is meant to be sharpened so I'm a little scared of sticking it in my sharpener. Also, I'm not a fan of using it as a base on my lids because I find it does tend to crease, small areas like the brow bone or the inner corner are fine though. Other than that it is a really good product. Would recommend and buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 8:13:00 AM More reviews by TheSilverSnowflake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

After reading many, many blogs raving about this product, I picked one up from Amazon. I first tried it on my waterline, after seeing photos of a bridal fashion show that used that look, and I really like it. It's definitely not an everyday thing for me, but for a formal daytime event, I'd go for it. I wear contacts, and this doesn't irritate my eyes at all. The weartime for my waterline is about 6 hours, if my eyes aren't watery. I've also used it to grey up my basic black kohl, and it blends nicely even on my waterline. I tried it under several colors of eyeshadow, and it really only made a clear difference under very bright colors. (I use Lime Crime's primer just as routine, so I used Milk on top of that. Not sure how it is without any primer.) If I was doing a neon or other dramatic nighttime/special occasion look, I'd probably use it for that. I've seen several people who have successfully depoted their NYX pencils, and I'll probably try it at some point, but I haven't yet. I would prefer it greatly if these were available in a non-pencil variety, but I can deal with the pencil.