NYX Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil - Milk

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Ceresin Wax, Candelilla Wax, Bees Wax, Squalane, Hydrogenated Styrene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mineral Oils, Polyisobutene, Butylated Hydroxy Anisole, Propyl Paraben, Mica, Talc, C.I.77499, Pearl Powder.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I tried working with this pencil on and off for about a year and I just hate it. I finally threw it out. I'm guessing my lids are just too oily for this to work properly. The texture is very smooth and glides on easily. It is sheer and can be built up to a more pigmented base. But, for me, it just doesn't last on my lids. It creases a lot even when I just apply a very thin layer. I've even tried applying a primer under this and it still fades away. No good.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm in my thirties now and have deep set eyes so I never had high hopes for this product to begin with. So, since my expectations were low I guess you can say it lived up to my expectations. It has a place in my collection, but it's not something I couldn't live without. As a base under shadows with or without a primer this is total fail. It looks chalky and creases like crazy no matter how little I use. It is however a pretty decent under eye highlighter and a somewhat decent for use on the lower water line but that's about it. If you're young, have large eyes and smooth skin you might enjoy this though.

on 7/26/2013 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Great little highlighter/brightening eye enhancing shadow stick. I bought this to use over primer and under shadow as a base to brighten and illuminate and it does. This is a nice fat pencil and has a large wide tip and applies so smoothly and easily. It glides on with no tugging, no skipping, no uneven chunks. Before trying this I had been using the white NYX eye shadow base in a pot. With long nails I had trouble getting the product out and tried this pencil instead. I had heard a lot of good reviews on this and it was hard to find in the milk color. It must be popular because it was always sold out. Finally I found this little beauty. I really like this product as it glides on with barely any effort, it blends well, it adds light where I need it, and does everything I expected it to. This really isn't a replacement for the white base though this is really a shadow doing double duty. I think the base works a little better, but this will do and it's easier to use. I love that this is matte and has no sparkle or shimmer at all.

on 7/22/2013 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Amazing inexpensive eye shadow primer!!! Works better than primer potion, I like that its more of a waxy feel because it allows the shadow to stick so much better! Since the pencil is white it also allows eyeshadow to appear brighter and 10x more pigmented. It never wears off or creases either! In love :)

on 7/16/2013 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I bought NYX Jumbo eye shadow pencil because of so many good reviews for a cheap price. Got them in milk (white) and the black one.
I am so disapointed! It's easy to apply, looks nice, but just does't last at all!
I used as a base for eyeshadows from brands that I trust and when I came home, a few hours later, the eyeshadow just wasn't there.

on 7/14/2013 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Superb for the waterline. It's sort of just that perfect white pencil staple that's pretty inexpensive for the quality you're getting.

on 7/12/2013 12:03:00 PM

This is super creamy and pigmented but it makes my eyeshadows crease a lot and give my eyeshadows a grey cast.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This product acts perfect as a base to keep shadows from creasing and to intensify colours.
I love using it when I am sporting more colourful daring looks to make the colours pop.
However, I am super bummed out that none of my sharpeners can fit this monster. Meaning I am going to have to fork out and buy NYX's very own sharpener. Not that it costs that much. Just irritating that I can only use their sharpener for this product.
Furthermore, another bother with the packaging is that the cap has cracked all over so I'm going to have to sellotape that I guess if I want to keep it.
But other than the rubbish packaging, it is an amazing product.

on 6/29/2013 9:29:00 PM

First time using a jumbo eye pencil and just starting purchasing NYX products. I like that this pencil goes on creamy and is very easy to blend. But it creases very quickly. It was suggested to use NYX eye primer, which I just bought today but haven't used it yet (will write a review soon), so hopefully that will help the color to stay on longer and not crease.

An essential for every make up collection. It's a completely versatile product. I use it as a primer mostly and I love it to bits!!