April 19, 2014 | 1687 users online

Fragrances - Clinique - Aromatics Elixir

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2009 4:18:00 AM More reviews by mkhongms

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful and lemony-fresh with a hint of green. This becomes very floral on me as it warms up. My favorite floral.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2009 11:07:00 AM More reviews by tristitia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tend to like heavier, "old-lady" perfumes - Youth Dew is a favorite of mine. But this is too much. To me, there are no "notes", there's just an overwhelming "perfume" scent, if that makes any sense. It smells like an old thrift-store sweater - Once upon a time, someone used a ton of gross, heavy perfume and then wore the sweater, then put it into a dark, musty closet... 20 years later the sweater emerged from the dark and smelled like Clinique Aromatics Elixir.
I sprayed this on (a tiny spritz) in my bedroom - big mistake. Now my bedroom has smelled like the thrift store sweater for the past two weeks.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2009 8:13:00 PM More reviews by kassandraamelaniiee

I got this... from my aunt because it was in one of her GWPs..

I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT! Its GROSS! It smells like something a really old grandma would wear. no offense, but its just really bad. I hate it so much!

Its like.... evergreen tree/ rotten flowers/ compost.

Ehh, i dont like it. I prefer something more floral or vanilly

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2009 4:37:00 AM More reviews by MrsDevall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I was at the Clinique counter a few weeks ago and came across a bottle of this. The packaging is so pretty and girly, I just had to try it. UGH! It smelled so bleck! My fiance walked over and asked why in the world I put on cologne. Thank god I didn't buy this. My dad's cheap aftershave smells better than this junk.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2009 4:08:00 AM More reviews by meeps

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of my most hated fragrances of all time. I used to work for Clinique and tried to wear it a few times but always had to end up scrubbing at my arms like a madwoman to get the scent off. I have never smelled the fragrance on anyone and thought "That smells lovely" or even "That doesn't stink". It is incredibly strong, pungent, musky, woody acidic and LONG lasting. I suppose that, along with the bottle, could be counted as positives. Have not bought, will never buy. AVOID.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2009 8:45:00 PM More reviews by nobodyouknow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A guy i dated gave it to me cuz he liked it and wanted me to wear it and i couldn't get it into trash fast enough. Who came up with it? Worst stench ever. Lysol smells better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2009 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I place AE and EL Youth Dew in the same category. Fragrances I wear not only because they smell great on me, they make me feel great because of their aromatherapy properties. Whenever I wear AE, and I apply it with an extremely light hand, I get tons of compliments! Most of the complements are that I smell fresh and relaxing like essential oils and aromatherapy. Most people are surprised I'm wearing a commercial fragrance and not essential oils from the local health food store. I love the perfume as well as the body smoother. The perfume is deeper, damper, mossier, loamier, darker. The lotion is lighter, brighter, sunnier.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2009 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Prettywitty504

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has been my go-to fragrance for over thirty years. In that time, one person has told me that it smelled like "bug spray." Everyone else, and that includes numerous complete strangers - LOVES it and asks me what it is. It is definitely one of those fragrances that differ radically depending on body chemistry. I never tire of it and adore the way it smells on my clothing. The packaging is unremarkable, although I like the simplicity of the bottle itself. A large bottle will last nearly two years for me, and I wear it 364 days a year. Definitely try it before you buy it. You will most assuredly either love it or detest it.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2009 3:30:00 PM More reviews by LinDo5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love fragrance. I like a light, clean fresh smell that lingers, but not overbearing. I'm not good at describing scents, but it's not floral or fruity, but a bit musky, IMO.

I often get nice comments on my scent when wearing Clinique's Elixer. You need use this VERY sparingly, otherwise too much/too heavy. But a light spritz with the moisturizer under it, and I think I've got the perfect balance of a scent that stays with me BETTER than any other.

It's one I keep going back to. LOVE the bath gel with it. Very silky and softening, adding that extra layer that keeps the fragrance lingering for hours.

If you like a scent that will stay with you, this is a great one.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2009 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Isolinde

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

DH was reading reviews over my shoulder a few nights ago, and Lepin's review of this one made him laugh so hard he almost cried. The result of this, to me, was that I had to smell this for myself for myself. Good for masking carrion? Seriously?

So we went out to the CCO this weekend, and there it was... The bottle is okay looking, the price not half bad, and the smell? Ye gods, how can anything sold on the value of its scent smell like that?

Just to be fair, I sprayed some on the back of my arm, to see if the drydown was better than the scent in the bottle. The end result of that? I had to live with the smell for hours. I guess if you really want to defend it, you could say that it deserves another lippie for the staying power?

If you have carrion that needs masking, this is definitely for you.