December 20, 2014 | 1613 users online

Fragrances - Clinique - Aromatics Elixir

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2009 12:54:00 PM More reviews by nau

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

don't understand how bad people think of it.i really do love this perfume,it is the best in the world for me.i love to smell it on me and of some rare people i meet. it is more than a perfume,it is sentiment about of your feelings(make me beeing better when i'm sad, make me dream when i'm in a good mood,remember me my baby age).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2009 11:45:00 PM More reviews by iberian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I despise this! My mother ADORES this. It's an aromatic chypre, very warm and woodsy. But all I smell is a VERY cloying, migraine-inducing scent. It's very chemical. And it's STRONG. My mother gave me a few pairs of trousers she no longer wanted and I had to wash them 2x to get this damn scent off them! Ugh. To my nose, this stuff is as overpowering as Shalimar, Opium and similar scents. No offence intended! If you like those perfumes, you may really like this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2009 4:52:00 PM More reviews by emmagreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I heard the guy who did the original Cabochard did this, and that this, too, was a chypre, albeit a herbacious one-- I thought this would be THE ONE. The one what? Inseperable bug spray that I adore. Yck. I keep trying though; off and on for over a couple years, every now and then I'll spray this on when I'm in Sephora, just to see. I like green chypres, I have nothing but admiration for the likes of Givenchy III. I don't want to wear bandit, but I get it. This just makes me hanker after sleeping under a mosquito net, which is actually too much of a compliment, because mosquito nets are too romantic and unusual for this.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2009 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Aonn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I sampled this today for the first time and my first reaction was - it's Mitsouko crossed with Youth Dew. I adore Mitsouko but have never been a fan of Youth Dew. Applied sparingly, this is really quite nice and is probably a good cool/cold weather fragrance. Lasts forever and the drydown is quite spicy and more akin to Youth Dew than Mitsouko. It's too potent and heavy to wear now here in the deep south in the heat and humidity, but I will try this again in the fall and may purchase for occasional use.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2009 8:17:00 AM More reviews by Belann

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really loved this scent on a coworker years ago so I bought some.
Then a couple of other people at work complained about the pefume.
Do not know what I would think about it now. Probably too strong.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2009 5:20:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

Some of the reviews for this crack me up... LOL!! Anyway, I purchased a small bottle of this because I love the way it smells when you walk in a room that is fragranced by this. I don't know that I will ever spray it on any part of me, but I do like it as a "room deodorizer." It is strong-- VERY STRONG. I sprayed it in my bedroom into the air- just one, short spritz- and I swear, I am downstairs in my dining room right now and I can smell it all the way down here! A favorite jewelry store of mine always smelled of this, and I finally asked one of the salepersons, "What is that fragrance that has permeated this store ever since I can remember?" And she said, "The owner's wife's perfume!" Then the owner's wife told me what it was (Clinique Aromatics Elixir), and I knew I had to get some so my house could smell as pretty as that jewelry store! LOL! So that is my story and that is the only reason why I like it...

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2009 4:18:00 AM More reviews by mkhongms

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful and lemony-fresh with a hint of green. This becomes very floral on me as it warms up. My favorite floral.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2009 11:07:00 AM More reviews by tristitia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tend to like heavier, "old-lady" perfumes - Youth Dew is a favorite of mine. But this is too much. To me, there are no "notes", there's just an overwhelming "perfume" scent, if that makes any sense. It smells like an old thrift-store sweater - Once upon a time, someone used a ton of gross, heavy perfume and then wore the sweater, then put it into a dark, musty closet... 20 years later the sweater emerged from the dark and smelled like Clinique Aromatics Elixir.
I sprayed this on (a tiny spritz) in my bedroom - big mistake. Now my bedroom has smelled like the thrift store sweater for the past two weeks.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2009 8:13:00 PM More reviews by kassandraamelaniiee

I got this... from my aunt because it was in one of her GWPs..

I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT! Its GROSS! It smells like something a really old grandma would wear. no offense, but its just really bad. I hate it so much!

Its like.... evergreen tree/ rotten flowers/ compost.

Ehh, i dont like it. I prefer something more floral or vanilly

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2009 4:37:00 AM More reviews by MrsDevall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I was at the Clinique counter a few weeks ago and came across a bottle of this. The packaging is so pretty and girly, I just had to try it. UGH! It smelled so bleck! My fiance walked over and asked why in the world I put on cologne. Thank god I didn't buy this. My dad's cheap aftershave smells better than this junk.