July 30, 2014 | 1802 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Airflash

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2011 1:32:00 AM More reviews by Vivalicious

i love this - the spray-on concept usually makes product stick better to the skin (like how spray on sunblocks seem to settle better versus rub on ones). definitely one of the best foundations i've had as it looks natural on the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 6:55:00 PM More reviews by ninanina

I see the last time this was reviewed was in 2005 and I'm surprised it doesn't have a cult following. While it's expensive at $63 it's well worth it. It takes some getting used to and you must put it on with a brush but the end result is air brushing at its best. Not a huge color range with only 4 colors but once you find yours you'll be happy you did. You do not have to re touch all day, it's a fine mist that just evens out the skin and makes it look natural but hides imperfections with total ease. I'm going to guess a little goes a long way so repurchase doesn't have to be done all that often, but if you are looking for a natural look, I'd give this a try, it works for me and I ususually use powder foundations. This would be good for all skin types except maybe really oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by RancidRabbit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really excited when I purchased the DiorSkin Airflash Spray foundation. I heard nothing but good things about it. At first I thought this was going to be my HOLY GRAIL foundation and it turns out I was terribly wrong. The foundation comes in only five shades so I bought the lightest one which is #200 Light Beige. Im very fair so and the swatch online seemed to match my skin tone perfect. The way you use the product is to hold it a few inches away from your face and spray in "Z" shaped motion. (Be sure to close your eyes!) When I tried it i followed the instructions exactly and when I opened my eyes to see how it came out. I was a completely different color than my skin. I was a yellowy orange color. Like I mentioned before my skin is very fair and the shade of the product changed my skin tone totally. I had to get a second opinion on the shade so I asked my mom her thoughts on it and she said I looked orange! When I swatch the color on the back of my hand it looks ok not to bad but when its on my face that's a different story. I did like the coverage of the product...kinda. I felt that it dried a bit weird and looked a bit cakey I tried applying it with a brush to control the product better but to no avail. I still looked orange-y. I wont be buying this product again. Not only was the shade not my color but the price is $60-$62 on Sephora's website. The concept is awesome but sadly on my part the product was a failure for me. Did anyone have a good or bad experience with this product? If so let me know! I would love to hear everyone's thoughts!
-Andi

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by kim84

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So I was curious about the airflash hype. I mean how awesome would it be to have airbrushed looking skin without buying a system?! So I used the Sephora friends and family 20% off and purchased this. I called Sephora and asked the lady I spoke to if she could help me pick a color for my Mac NW20 skin and she told me 202. She then told me that she uses the Sephora airbrush brush. To which I said ehhh I don't want to spend that much $ on the foundation, let along buy another $35.00 brush. She said then a flat top brush would work. Ok so I buy the foundation, and shortly after I start doing the usual, remorse over the brush that I need. Order that too. Few days later the foundation arrives. Now after watching Marlena @ Makeupgeek's insturction, I said ok, I'm going to do it the same way, after all it's airbrush, why am I going to put it on a brush. Covered my hair with a towel (word of advice this stuff does go all over the towel so use an old one). So I sprayed my face once, after putting concealer 1st. Then spritzed a second time. Looked amazing! I took my flat top ELF brush that I paid $3.00 for and just went over my face lightly in case there was an uneven areas. Please note that I've had this 2 weeks and I haven't once used the Sephora brush. All you need is a flat top brush. I can't say that I would spray this on a brush then apply it to my face, because I can't see what the point of it is then. It really is a nice product, but it's way too expensive to use everyday. It photographs pretty well, and the coverage is good. It seems to lay on top of the skin rather than sink in. It didn't break me out either. All in all I am satisfied with it, but I am scared to use it because of the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2011 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Mimmychen

i really wanted this product to work for me but oh well :( first off- it looks so orange on me (i'm mac nc20/25). and i own the lightest shade -____-
my skin looks dead when i'm wearing this, like i'm wearing a mask. and i've tried different ways to apply this.

it makes my skin looking and feel super dry, which is crazy, because my skin is super oily.

after washing this off in the evening, my skin was so red and felt itchy. i'm so disappointed by this .___.

but for the amount of product the bottle contains- the price is okay (:

but it seems to work wonderful for lots of people, so don't be hesitant to try this (; everyone's skin is different LOL (:

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 3:29:00 AM More reviews by Hedd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wish this worked out for me. I like the glow it gives, the coverage is medium to full. The color selection is very limited. I was in between 300 to 400. My face is more the 300 color, except for my forehead which is almost the 400 color. The price is pretty high for 1.5 oz. - $65. I have very oily skin and applied the foundation in the morning as full coverage. By lunch, it has changed to sheer coverage. It is not long-lasting for oily skin. So, it's getting returned. Alas, my quest goes on. I would think this would be better for normal/dry skin. Also, this product irritated my eyes after putting it on my face (spraying and on a brush). If you have sensitive eyes, I wouldn't recommend this. I don't have eye sensitivity or wear contacts and it bothered me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't understand why people use A brush or sponge, to me defeats the purpose. Spraying takes all of 3 seconds and skin looks flawless. However, lightest shade too dark 4 me (nw20) I will save 4 summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2011 9:24:00 AM More reviews by ikon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is gorgeous! I bought it along with the Dior Kabuki brush to apply it. The brush is key because it helps the product go on smooth and makes it easy to spread all over the face. The foundation looks absolutely flawless. It's thin, yet provides amazing coverage and feels like air. I also used it on top of the Guerlain Light-Diffusing Perfecting Primer and it gives a nice subtle glow. It also has nice staying power.

A few cons: the color is a bit on the orangy side and maybe a bit too dark for my skin tone but there aren't lighter ones. Also, spraying on the Kabuki brush means spraying my hand and the mirror/floor nearby which is a pain to clean up.

Overall though, this foundation is beautiful and I will definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2011 8:59:00 PM More reviews by Vada

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the few products that I really am impressed with that Dior makes. It gives an amazing result with such ease and so quickly. It does give that airbrushed effect, although a little more heavy than actual airbrushed foundation. I have used it countless times on clients and not a single one of them was unsatisfied with it. Once it settled into the skin, you couldn't even tell it was there. and lasted all day. It's great for long days, weddings, & ect. You don't have to set it with powder making it great for touching up, an not getting cakey.

After experimenting with a few different application methods, I found it goes on the best with Dior's (or anyone else that is very similar) big kabuki brush. Just spray a light layer right onto the brush then buff into the skin in a curricular motion starting in the center of face and working outward, and repeat as many times as needed to build the desired coverage.

The only down side is the very poor shade range it comes in. it starts at a medium level, and stays there. Shade 301 is a great yellow beige that seems to match most medium tan skin. The rest I found to be horribly pink, or orange sadly. So it's an amazing product if you fit into it's narrow shade range.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 5:24:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

I love the finish but colour selection leaves something to be desired. Not worth price tag but still see myself repurchasing this as, with regards to smooth natural sliiightly glowy finish (YBB), this is unsurpassed. Longevity is also superb. If they expanded the colours in this line, this could easily be my lifelong HG! As it is, though, i feel dissatisfied because one shade that i was initially matched to ended up being too orange--exchanged that to get 301 which is my skin colour exactly... But a tad too yellow :(
Edit to say: definitely leaves a sallow dull cast on my skin. Also have been getting Under the skin raised bumps when i use this. Lastly, it is a pain to get off. I have to triple cleanse before i stop getting foundation residue upon drying with paper towel! Reeeeally not worth the price unless they tweak the colours at least. I still love it though!
Edit 2: I tried this with a stippling brush. OMG best model-esque skin EVER, nice dewy sheen, good coverage but not to the point that it looks fake like plaster, perfect in every way! TRY IT WITH A STIPPLING BRUSH!!