April 19, 2014 | 910 users online

Powder - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2011 10:36:00 AM More reviews by sbarboza

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

L'Oreal True Match is my best kept secret, on a budget, but still want to look matte and pretty - powder. I love that the W3 shade matches me perfectly (even when I'm tan, strangely enough.) My skin tone is halfway between rosey and olive while still being a bit ashen (strange again, I know!) This powder matches better than any other I've tried. I am including dept. store brands when I say that.

I don't wear foundation at all so my powder has to cover blemishes, absorb oil and even me out, all while being translucent - L'Oreal does it and does it well.

It might take buying the two shades closest to yours on the spectrum, taking them home and giving them a go to see which works best. Hey, that's still less expensive than buying Estee Lauder. And when you find your shade - you will be a convert!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2010 2:16:00 PM More reviews by dominohello

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product, is one that i've stuck to. Its not a miracle worker whats so ever and i dont rave about it. why? its just a powder. i do repurchase when i run out but i still think about trying other brands. it sets my makeup fine and leaves a matt finish without messing with the color of my makeup and is compact and can be taken everywhere. it is cheap and from the drugstore and comes in a great shade of colors, i have thrown it on alone just to quickly even out my skin tone and thats about all it does, no coverage really by itself. but its great at just setting your liquid makeup. it works, its cheap, it doesnt mess with your skin. a product you'd be happy to find and use but not be amazed by. the mirror is convienent on the go for those who have to blot ( i dont personally with my dry skin) and i guess the sponge is convienent for blotters too. but for me it just adds bulk to this product, know that this doesnt contain a lot of makeup and its easy to hit pan on. one huge plus about this product is the undertone range. they have both yellow, pink and nutral undertones which is hard to find in the drugstore :) thumbs up for not looking like a oompa loompa.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2010 1:01:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

None of the True Match shades match my skin, they are all way too orange. The powder was horribly orange and I couldn't even wear it the day I applied it--had to take it off as soon as I got home. I find this type of makeup really hard to blend too--sometimes if I get a bad shade in DS, I can dilute it or at least blend it until it semi-disappears, but the True Match versions are hard to do that with. I have better luck with Infalliable and I can't wait to try Visible Lift this winter once my Infalliable runs out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2010 4:07:00 PM More reviews by beantowngrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I first got the compact and that was a total waste but after reading reviews of this on here I went back and bought the powder.
So far I am liking it. I just used the foam puff that came with the powderto apply it and with the the coverage is pretty good I would call it a heavy meadium. I am NC30 and W4 matches my skin pretty good. it covered all the redness, hs not settled into any lines and has kept me decently matte even after 3 hrs.
I was looking for something that will cover decently well and is quick to apply when I go out for dinner or a special occassion and I think this does the job.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2010 2:37:00 PM More reviews by BlondOrganic

I'm not a connoisseur of foundation but this is the best I've tried so far! I've probably tried 20 or more foundation over the years, all d/s. I do think it makes me a little old sometimes but I know I'm putting way too much on because I'm obsessed with matte skin. I may try Maybelline because it has higher reviews, but I doubt it's better. I've used this foundation for a couple years and I'm kind of afraid to leave it. Their fairest color in cool matches me perfectly. It also almost always evens my skin perfectly but I rarely break out. It does not cover the dark circles under my eyes, but it does help them some. I have noticed that it seems to make my face hurt sometimes, but that may just be because I hardly ever moisturize.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2010 2:42:00 PM More reviews by kiki105

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on a whim during a trip to Los Angeles because I got severely sunburned. I needed the SPF. I was worried because I have SUPER sensitive skin, and most cosmetic products break me out.

However, I was pleasantly surprised by this product. It covered up my sunburn, blended nicely with my skin, and didn't cause any break outs. As an added bonus, it protected me from getting MORE sunburned.

I would definitely buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2010 2:00:00 PM More reviews by mascara12345

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This doesn't offer much coverage, and doesn't last long at all! it lasted me maybe a week! it looks ok, but does not stay on all day, i would think this would be better for people with naturaly flawless skin, but not for people with acne like me. It made me break out terribly!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2010 3:57:00 PM More reviews by rebeccamv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Great color selection. I found a match close to nw20 in c2. This product is light coverage, which is my preference. It can be layered for more coverage. No breakouts from this product. Packaging has one compartment for sponge, and 1 compartment for product.

update: did break out from this after continued use

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by amycougar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

AMAZING powder. My sister used to wear this powder all the time, and I loved how natural and flawless it made her face look. Nothing against her, but she wasn't using the right shade, so I went out and bought a few pots of this stuff to play with in different shades. After trying them all, C3: Creamy Natural turned out to be my True Match. For reference, I am an NW25.

The True Match line is organized by undertone and skin tone. Undertones include cool (blue or pink), neutral (red), and warm (yellow or orange). Their skin tones range from 1-8, giving a total of 24 shades for you to choose from.

This is a light powder that looks very natural when applied. It really seems to blend itself into your skin. You can build more coverage with this powder if you wish. Sometimes, I need to re-apply it after about 4 hours of wearing it, but this is the same with most powder foundations. I've found that it stays on longer when I apply moisturizer before the powder.

This powder is $9 at Target, and $10 or $11 at drugstores. It is on sale often, though, so look for "Buy one, get one 1/2 off" sales. It lasts a while, too; I've been using the same pot of powder for at least a couple of months.

I recommend this product to all of my girlfriends. It is a must-have for every woman's purse.

I do have one suggestion: do not go by their shade guide. I held up the guide to my hand, and the color that "disappeared" was N4, which was too dark on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2010 10:30:00 AM More reviews by suikey

I love this power. It matches my tone very well (light to medium Asian skin, W2) and it goes on my face easily with no mess. If I just need oil control, I just put on a thin layer and within 15 minutes, it disappears into my skin. If I need more coverage, I put it over liquid foundation and it can last a whole day.