April 24, 2014 | 1367 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Brow

rated 1 of 5 on 12/26/2008 9:50:00 PM More reviews by wubinziaa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Benefit High Brow in my opinion is overpriced and over-hyped for what it does and for what it is supposed to do. I found it's texture far too thick and pasty to be blended to a natural finish, and the pink undertone in it looked too fluorescent on my skin. There are also sparse and sporadic pieces of glitter in the mix that just look out of place and blunt. Despite it's pasty texture I found it to have very little staying power around my brows, and no staying power in the inner corners of my eyes- it was literally gone from my inner corners in under an hour, and gone from my brows in around 3. If you want a product for highlighting around your eyes and eyebrows, find a light, neutral eyeshadow shade (I love MAC vanilla pigment) they will all brighten the eye areas and make the brows look clean and lifted. Quality eye shadows will also be much more versatile, as they are actually blendable and can be applied to the inner corners.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2008 12:34:00 AM More reviews by eunice866

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This pencil did absolutely nothing for me. It might be because I have very fair skin - but when placed under my brows and lightly blended, it faded to nothing! You could not see it at all. So, this may work wonders on average/dark skin tones, but on fair skin - this is a complete waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2008 10:28:00 PM More reviews by ilovepink82

This does what it says it does and is very good. Its a little pricey but it has lasted me a long time, you do not need much.

I find I have wasted a lot in trying to sharpen it, maybe I need a better sharpener, I would have rather it come in one of those twist tubes.

I do find it easier and cheaper to just apply a white eyeshadow to my brows so this is what I will do when it runs out.

I recommend this though its good stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2008 3:57:00 PM More reviews by sophie5600

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I agree that the product can be a bit difficult to apply, but rubbing the pencil on my fingertip (primed with a tiny dab of moisturizer) and then patting on my skin seems to help when the pencil is cold or stiff. If the product were slightly creamier and if my sharpener didn't shred half of it, it would be almost perfect!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2008 2:05:00 AM More reviews by resco

This product is not particularly impressive. When I tried the product in the store, it seemed to nicely highlight by brow bones and open up my eyes. However, after buying the product and wearing it out, I saw photos of myself, and was horrified by how starkly white my brow bones were! Also, the consistency is so heavy and puddy-like rather than light-weight and glowy. This highlighter is unnatural and does not contour the face in a flattering way. There is no natural luminance to my brow bone at all. It is not an attractive product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2008 12:37:00 PM More reviews by thejuicy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I JUST PURCHASED THIS 2 WEEKS AGO AND I'M ADDICTED!
THIS PENCIL GIVES YOUR BROWS SUCH A CLEAN AND POLISHED LOOK!
YES $20 IS QUITE PRICEY BUT YOU ONLY NEED ONE STROKE AND VOILA! PERFECT BROWS!
I WILL DEFINITELY REPURCHASE THIS !

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2008 12:37:00 AM More reviews by Caleigh2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Like another reviewer, i bought this to try it and ended up LOVING it as so often happens to me with other products by Benefit. It has become the last stage of my eye makeup routine even if I'm wearing nothing but a little concealer and mascara I usually use the highbrow under the arches of my brows and you cannot believe the difference it makes. It is quick, lasts and gives a subtle but noticeable difference. It just seems to make your eyes look bigger and brighter and the consistency does make it feel just slightly like it is "lifting" the area under the brows which is never a bad thing to lift anything in my humble opinion. Plus, I really think it is a superior looking highlighter and you can use it in corners of eyes, even on lids, very lightly on cheeckbones or above brows and then blend. I would definitely buy it again, I already have cuz I don't want to be without it and i would miss it if it wasn't available. Ladies give it a try, you can always return it at sephora or swap it, but I believe you will want to keep on using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2008 2:00:00 PM More reviews by xoxo1598

This is a great eye brightener. It gives me that just-got-my-eyebrows-waxed look and i don't even wax! by the end of the day, when i'm drained, my eyes still look great. i would definitely buy again, the only downside, for me, is the packaging. i hate that it's in a big pencil, i have to buy special sharpener just for this already expensive ($20) pencil. other than that, it works/looks great!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2008 12:04:00 AM More reviews by aqualeah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm off to buy my SECOND pencil!

Love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2008 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Scottish72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Purchased this product some time ago and it's a good product that has provided really good wear/staying power. The pencil has lasted me a long time which I am pleased with. It does tend to give my skin tone a pink appearance that I am not excited about. But I am probably the only one to notice this minor issue. It blends well for me & washes off fairly easy, no tugging at eye area to remove this makeup. It's got a good consistency to it and I really like the pencil idea as opposed to any other cosmetic items in this catergory. Overall I am pleased with this product. And one last thing, this has caused no irritation, redness, adverse reactions, break-out's whatsoever on my very sensitive skin.