September 1, 2014 | 1995 users online

Lip Treatments - LUSH - Honey Trap Lip Balm

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2010 7:55:00 PM More reviews by janetgrace

Excellent lip balm. I advise to use a lip scrub and apply this overnight. What I love most about this product is that it gives a cushion feel and effect. I don't mind the tin because I believe that this is an overnight treatment and really shouldn't be used over lipstick and gloss.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2010 1:57:00 AM More reviews by cocomotion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

* Moisturizing ( has olive oil )

* Smells & tastes sweet ( has honey - almond oil - vanilla - white chocolate )

* Gives a little tingle when applied ( has peppermint oil )

* Comes in a little tin which make it hard to apply & unsanitary

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2010 11:04:00 AM More reviews by SugarBabyRach

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It was great to have, but with the price I think it was disappointing. The tins lush use are cute but they always end up getting tricky to open for me, and the texture of this lip balm but me off. I will try their other balms though until I find one I fall in love with.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2010 2:14:00 AM More reviews by Nenalata

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm on the second pot of this stuff. I love it sooo much! It smells and tastes yummy, and it's super moisturising. I hope it never gets discontinued, otherwise I will be sad.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Ayane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Honey Trap. Everytime I read the description on LUSH Times, I wanted it SO BAD. I once bought Lip Service and was a bit disappointed (very very hard lipbalm), so I was hesitant about this one. But ultimately I gave in. Two weeks later, I got one for Christmas, ending up with two Honey Traps I'm not pleased about! Why, you ask?

Well, first of all, the scent! Most of you seem to think the scent is a big plus. Both of my Honey Traps smell godaweful!!!!!!! No vanilla, no white chocolate, maybe a tad bit honey and LOTS of mint and grossness. It's nauseating, the type of scent you get a headache from. You know this particular scent when you're walking in an old church (with buried corpses beneath and around the church ground)...THAT scent: IT SMELLS LIKE AN EMBALMED CORPSE!!!
I gotta give it to you, the first week, the smell wasnt that horrible, but it got worse by the day. Both of my Honey Traps smell like this. Maybe a bad batch (with a LUSH labworker that fell into the Honey Trap mixture and got mashed in it?!)...
On the LUSH Times it was described like some sort of lipbalm that would make men come running to you for a kiss. Believe me, men in my life (with that I mean: my boyfriend, brother and brother in law) think this is SICKENING. Everytime I have used it, they would ask me what the hell that gross smell was! My sister hates it too.
I wished there was some kind of "smell" function on computers, then everyone would know what I'm talking about and would be convinced not to get this crap.

Also, I don't really like the packaging. It's a small tin with 10 gram of Honey Trap. I rather have a stick. I don't like tins and tubs that much, because you end up with greasy fingers (I always rub it on my cuticles, but still there will be some residue). I bought it for about 7 euro something. More expensive than your usual drugstore lipbalm. But at least it consists mostly natural ingredients. A big plus!

The product itself serves its purpose. But I have to say, not better than any Labello, Blistex or Carmex on the market. It takes a long time before the lipbalm sinks in. Yeah, it's a thick texture and kinda waxy too. Compared to Lip Service, the texture is less hard. In winter it would be almost as solid as Lip Service, but more easily melted.
After it has sunken in, my lips do feel nice. But like I just said, not softer/better compared to my Labello. I haven't noticed the plumping effect other MUA'ers are talking about. I think that's why they added the mint. Gosh, I really wished they had left it out!

Honestly, I love LUSH. But Honey Trap..never again. So far, I have been disappointed by LUSH lipbalms. I just ordered "It started with a kiss" liptint/lipbalm though. I couldn't help myself, temptation temptation.

Being on the generous side today, I give 2 out of 5 lippies.

Pro's:
+ natural ingredients
+ works ok

Cons:
- too strong mint scent (mint mixed with honey is nauseating)
- the sickening corpse undertones
- the scent
- the scent
- oh yeah, did I mention THE SCENT?!
- tin (not very convenient)
- price/quality ratio is below par (almost 8 euro for an average lipbalm that smells like a corpse..nah-uh)

9 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2010 6:58:00 PM More reviews by jackieiscandy

The scent of this lip balm is exactly the same as "honey I washed the kids" which I addicted. It is non greasy and not heavy at all, I hate some of the lip balms that makes me feel that I've applied butter on my lips. Though it feels light, which can take good care of my lips through the driest season. A very good lip primer as well.

The price of lush's lip balms are all very nice, and one small jar can last at least three months on a constant daily use base.

Only one thing I don't like is the packaging, sometimes you just can't open it easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2010 8:05:00 PM More reviews by taratee

Lush creaters were not thinking at ALL when they packaged this product. The lip balm is so hard to get out with your finger I just end up rubbing my lips all over the contanier.... it would be easier in a stick applicator. Next I paid $6 which is quite expensive for a lip balm usually they are around $4. But the quality of the product did impress me. It smells like baby powder which i quite like and it stays on my lips for hours and they feel more plump and full. Its one of the besy hydrating experiences my lips have ever had. Overall I think i would buy this product again if they changed the packaging

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2010 11:08:00 PM More reviews by maomaouchi

This was my first-ever purchase from LUSH and I have to say I am quite impressed. Prior to Honey Trap, I was obsessed with Rosebud Salve, which I still adore. However, the texture/smell/taste/effectiveness of this lip balm is really out of this world and I somewhat sadly have to say that this will take the place of my beloved Rosebud Salve as HG lip balm.

TEXTURE:
The texture is amazing. I looked at all the lip balms in the LUSH store before ultimately deciding on this one because it was the only one of the bunch that seemed to have a softer and more malleable feel. The other ones (Lip Service, None of Your Beeswax) seemed to be much thinner and seemed very difficult to get out of the pot. Honey Trap, however, is easy to scoop out but also is thick enough that it doesn't really feel all that greasy on. Best of all, however, the balm does NOT migrate off your lips, which always drives me crazy because some balms can make my entire face feel greasy. The balm also lasts for a long time on the lips, even if you rub your lips together a lot, so it doesn't have to be reapplied very often. I also use this balm before bed and more often than not there will still be a good amount of product left on my lips in the morning.

SMELL:
For the people who love chocolate-y, vanilla-y smells/tastes (a la MAC), you will really love this. It has a very comforting vanilla/chocolate/oatmeal/honey scent that is not too strong on the lips but does last a long time. Best of all, because it's LUSH, the smell isn't artificial at all, which always grosses me out.

EFFECTIVENESS:
This is by far the most important element for me and the area where Honey Trap really shines. I have horribly cracked/chapped lips year and this really does work to soothe your lips and help the healing process. The product efficiently soaks into your lips so that you get all the benefits of the great ingredients. It does sting a little bit if you have cracks on your lips, but it goes away shortly after application, so I don't think it's a huge deal.

PRICE:
Yes, this is more expensive than Chapstick, but for $6.95 you get 0.3 oz, which is literally twice as much product as you get in a tube of Chapstick. Chapstick runs for about $2 to $3/tube these days, so even though it's more, it's not a ridiculous amount more (cough...Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment...cough), and tastes way better and IMO performs better.

All around great product. Can't wait to take the plunge into more LUSH items!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2010 4:59:00 AM More reviews by prissy973

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I gave this a 1. First of all this should have come in a stick. You gotta dig to get to the hardened balm. It really doesn't smell that good to get me "trapped" and it doesn't do anything regular chapstick can't do. I really do love LUSH but they should only produce certain products and we all know what those are!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by vampirekisses25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I lush this lip balm. This is the only lip balm that really condition my lips,my lips get really cracked and they peel a lot yuck. So I was at the lush store one day and I told the girl that worked there that my lips cracked and peel a lot so she told me to try this lip balm so I did and my lips felt silky smooth.So I finally caved in and bought it I'm so glad I did. If you have cracked peel lips like me give this a try you'll love it.