April 19, 2014 | 864 users online

Lip Treatments - LUSH - Honey Trap Lip Balm

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2010 11:08:00 PM More reviews by maomaouchi

This was my first-ever purchase from LUSH and I have to say I am quite impressed. Prior to Honey Trap, I was obsessed with Rosebud Salve, which I still adore. However, the texture/smell/taste/effectiveness of this lip balm is really out of this world and I somewhat sadly have to say that this will take the place of my beloved Rosebud Salve as HG lip balm.

TEXTURE:
The texture is amazing. I looked at all the lip balms in the LUSH store before ultimately deciding on this one because it was the only one of the bunch that seemed to have a softer and more malleable feel. The other ones (Lip Service, None of Your Beeswax) seemed to be much thinner and seemed very difficult to get out of the pot. Honey Trap, however, is easy to scoop out but also is thick enough that it doesn't really feel all that greasy on. Best of all, however, the balm does NOT migrate off your lips, which always drives me crazy because some balms can make my entire face feel greasy. The balm also lasts for a long time on the lips, even if you rub your lips together a lot, so it doesn't have to be reapplied very often. I also use this balm before bed and more often than not there will still be a good amount of product left on my lips in the morning.

SMELL:
For the people who love chocolate-y, vanilla-y smells/tastes (a la MAC), you will really love this. It has a very comforting vanilla/chocolate/oatmeal/honey scent that is not too strong on the lips but does last a long time. Best of all, because it's LUSH, the smell isn't artificial at all, which always grosses me out.

EFFECTIVENESS:
This is by far the most important element for me and the area where Honey Trap really shines. I have horribly cracked/chapped lips year and this really does work to soothe your lips and help the healing process. The product efficiently soaks into your lips so that you get all the benefits of the great ingredients. It does sting a little bit if you have cracks on your lips, but it goes away shortly after application, so I don't think it's a huge deal.

PRICE:
Yes, this is more expensive than Chapstick, but for $6.95 you get 0.3 oz, which is literally twice as much product as you get in a tube of Chapstick. Chapstick runs for about $2 to $3/tube these days, so even though it's more, it's not a ridiculous amount more (cough...Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment...cough), and tastes way better and IMO performs better.

All around great product. Can't wait to take the plunge into more LUSH items!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2010 4:59:00 AM More reviews by prissy973

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I gave this a 1. First of all this should have come in a stick. You gotta dig to get to the hardened balm. It really doesn't smell that good to get me "trapped" and it doesn't do anything regular chapstick can't do. I really do love LUSH but they should only produce certain products and we all know what those are!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by vampirekisses25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I lush this lip balm. This is the only lip balm that really condition my lips,my lips get really cracked and they peel a lot yuck. So I was at the lush store one day and I told the girl that worked there that my lips cracked and peel a lot so she told me to try this lip balm so I did and my lips felt silky smooth.So I finally caved in and bought it I'm so glad I did. If you have cracked peel lips like me give this a try you'll love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2010 7:26:00 AM More reviews by Darika

I am trapped. This lip balm is really great. When I applied it first time, it made my lips softer and moisturized literally in a minute. I really care about my lips, have loads of various balms. I used to have all kinds of Yves Rocher lip balms, they are good, but not comparable to Honey Trap. I had as samples Clinique super balm in gloss, Biotherm and none of these pricey things were able to do the same job. What I love about Honey Trap, besides that it does work , is its scent. Really natural honey scent. And for those who thinks it is pricey a simple calculation: an average lipstick lip balm has 4 g or 4.5 g. Honey Trap is 10 g, costs 7 $. You have 2.5 lipstick balms for 7 $. Do you still think it is expensive for a good quality natural product?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2010 10:41:00 AM More reviews by lindsay646

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this balm, it keeps my lips moisturized all through the night. I dont mind paying 7 dollars for a great product that should last a long time. It also has a really nice scent and its not too greasy at all :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2010 12:00:00 PM More reviews by fashionshowatlunch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Honey Trap Lip Balm Review

The honey trap lip balm is one of lushís best lip balms. Iíve been using it for a while, and here are some of the pros and cons I found with it.

Pros:

Softening: With Shea butter, beeswax and olive oil itís no surprise that this is a softening lip balm. I found it smoothed my lips while keeping them soft for longer than most lip balms I use. Itís not drying either like other lip balms.

Non greasy: Some lip balms go on greasy or leave your lips feeling packed with stuff. The honey trap lip balm doesnít do this. The balm goes on smooth, without leaving a greasy residue on your lips. If it wasnít for the great taste, I wouldnít know it was even on.

Long lasting: I donít have to keep reapplying this lip palm and I like that. If I use it in the morning itís not until later on in the afternoon that I feel like putting it on again. This isnít because I have to but I like the smell and taste of it. Because it moisturizers for a long time, it goes a long way.

Nice taste: Honey trap lip balm may have honey in it, but it tastes like white chocolate and vanilla, making it a very a tasty lip balm.

Cons

Pricey: This is an expensive lip balm. It runs at nearly $7.00 for 10g. I would not recommend this for a budget shopper, as I feel there are less expensive options out there.

Packaging: I would have liked if this lip balm came in stick form. Thereís nothing wrong with the tin container itís provided in, but because this lip balm is lick it can take few, before itís soft enough for you to smooth on your lips, not allowing you to get enough.

The great taste and softening aspect of this lip balm make it a favorite of mine. However, at its current price itís not something Iíd purchase often.

You can see the honey trap lip balm in this video

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2010 12:12:00 PM More reviews by factorytown

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is just an OK lip balm to me. It smells good, and it does moisturize your lips, but only for a short time. Maybe my lips just don't absorb it well? It just didn't work for me. I strongly prefer Whipstick to this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2010 8:35:00 AM More reviews by dea2407

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

Upsides:
Fell in love with the smell at first side! Honey and a little hint of white chocolate... Keeps my lips really soft.
You don't need very much of it - so don't think that the package is too small for the price.
Downsides:
You really have to like the scent of honey - otherwise you probably won't like this at all!
When you put your finger into the tin, it takes a little "rubbing around" until the product is soft enough to apply.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2010 12:46:00 PM More reviews by CriticalHit

This balm has a sweet, but subtle fragrance (honey with a little peppermint) and is colorless, so it looks great on its own or over a lipstain. Honey Trap is also super moisturizing. During the winter months, my lips get terribly chapped (especially in the morning.) I put a little Honey Trap on before bed and wake up with soft, non-chapped lips. The price is a bit high, but a little of the balm goes a long way, so the tin will last for ages.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 9:03:00 PM More reviews by pinkchiclet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this balm! Use all the time, will definitely repurchase again and again!

Is smooth, long lasting, smells subtle and delicious, my lips feel great.
Also, has lasting power through kissing, def a thumbs up :)